Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I don't have any flights currently booked but I got an email from Air Canada with a bunch of blah blah explanations of why things are the way they are right now, and a note that they apologize for the flights they are about to cancel in July and August. I guess I won't be booking any last minute summer trips! I hope no one here is impacted. I know this isn't really AM related, I wasn't sure where to put it though.

"However, to bring about the level of operational stability we need, with reluctance, we are now making meaningful reductions to our schedule in July and August in order to reduce passenger volumes and flows to a level we believe the air transport system can accommodate."

Yikes! We are flying Vancouver to Ottawa on Air Canada first week of August for my nephew’s wedding. I haven’t received anything from them at all! Flights are booked through AirMiles. Hopefully all goes as planned.

I got the same and promptly freaked out. We have flights to Newfoundland in July (via Montreal) and fly Toronto to MCO in August. I will be obsessively checking for flight changes and cancellations now.

It's on CBC now https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-flights-july-august-reductions-1.6506451
From the article:

"The changes would see Air Canada reduce its schedule by 77 round trips — or 154 flights — on average, each day during the months of July and August."

""Three routes will be temporarily suspended between Montreal and Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Kelowna and one from Toronto to Fort McMurray," Fitzpatrick said.

Most flights affected by the changes are out of its Toronto and Montreal hubs, he said.
"These will be mostly frequency reductions, affecting primarily evening and late-night flights by smaller aircraft, on transborder and domestic routes," he said.

But he said "international flights are unaffected, with a few timing changes to reduce flying at peak times and even out the customer flow.""

Happy Canada day all, I just got myself all caught up again after being away for a bit.

Regarding Scene+, we both have old scene cards anyway, because sometimes we'd book cineplex tickets, so it will just require showing that card/app/screenshot at Sobeys instead of our AM cards. I don't think it'll change the way I shop, not right away. But I'm open to finding some good points deals being the Atlantic Canadian guinea pigs =)

On a different note... we are just finally getting the Disney tickle back in our brains, and would feel comfortable booking a trip next spring. Now I've avoided all travel stuff for over 2 years, so I'm out of the game! I have lots of dream miles that I had hoped would go toward AM Hotel at Pop Century, and AM flights (which is what I did in 2019 for the never-happened 2020 trip - we still have leftover passes whch we'll upgrade OOP). I found some AM flights that I think would work but I can't seem to find Pop century on AM hotels. AM vacation packages only show trips for This Month! We are not "last-minute-booking-deals" folks. We are "plan-so-very-far-ahead" folks. Should I call personal shopper since it's so far out? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for your direction and advice!

Happy Canada day all, I just got myself all caught up again after being away for a bit.

Regarding Scene+, we both have old scene cards anyway, because sometimes we'd book cineplex tickets, so it will just require showing that card/app/screenshot at Sobeys instead of our AM cards. I don't think it'll change the way I shop, not right away. But I'm open to finding some good points deals being the Atlantic Canadian guinea pigs =)

On a different note... we are just finally getting the Disney tickle back in our brains, and would feel comfortable booking a trip next spring. Now I've avoided all travel stuff for over 2 years, so I'm out of the game! I have lots of dream miles that I had hoped would go toward AM Hotel at Pop Century, and AM flights (which is what I did in 2019 for the never-happened 2020 trip - we still have leftover passes whch we'll upgrade OOP). I found some AM flights that I think would work but I can't seem to find Pop century on AM hotels. AM vacation packages only show trips for This Month! We are not "last-minute-booking-deals" folks. We are "plan-so-very-far-ahead" folks. Should I call personal shopper since it's so far out? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for your direction and advice!
Are you searching under Lake Buena Vista, or Orlando for Pop Century. Disney hotels are under Lake Buena Vista.
I find sometimes Disney hotels are available with air miles, and sometimes they are not. You just have to keep trying. Play around with your dates too.

Are you searching under Lake Buena Vista, or Orlando for Pop Century. Disney hotels are under Lake Buena Vista.
I find sometimes Disney hotels are available with air miles, and sometimes they are not. You just have to keep trying. Play around with your dates too.
When I booked in 2019 I found it using Pop Century by name. But when I use Lake Buena Vista, there's not very many Disney-owned properties. Perhaps it's just too far out. Okay thanks.

When I booked in 2019 I found it using Pop Century by name. But when I use Lake Buena Vista, there's not very many Disney-owned properties. Perhaps it's just too far out. Okay thanks.
I was just playing around on the air miles website and I do not see any Disney hotels available in 2023. I do see Swan, Dolphin and Swan Reserve as well as the new Drury Hotel in Lake Buena Vista.

There are some Disney hotels available in December 2022. Pop was available in the middle of December 2022.

Thanks, all the dates I played around with also gave Swan and Dolphin. Only found a few days at AoA in August. I guess they just haven't released AM dates for 2023. Thanks for trying!

I had spend $40 +40, $5 +5, $5 +5. Did all three and forgot to do the Irresistible offer. I'll go back and do that one on Monday. BTW the in app offer at Metro this week is for Bull Eye BBQ sauce. It's on sale for $2.99 the in app offer gives you $2 off that so .99 for a bottle, pretty good deal.

I had spend $40 +40, $5 +5, $5 +5. Did all three and forgot to do the Irresistible offer. I'll go back and do that one on Monday. BTW the in app offer at Metro this week is for Bull Eye BBQ sauce. It's on sale for $2.99 the in app offer gives you $2 off that so .99 for a bottle, pretty good deal.
I was just checking the scene plus rewards out and see they have $50.00 Sobeys, and $50.00 Fresh co physical gift cards available $50.00 card for 5,000 scene points per card.

First you need a scene card. You can download the Scene app, or go to the scene website and set up your online account with your scene number. Log in and follow the prompts to the reward section. https://www.sceneplus.ca/

At the beginning of every month you can load the bonus offers to your profile to earn more scene points.

We have the Scotiabank scene credit card (no fee), and the scene debit cards to earn additional scene points.
-----------------------------------------------
This is posted on the scene website

Grocery, plus more ways to earn are coming to a location near you in 2022/2023​

Scene+ points will be available at grocery, pharmacy and liquor stores including Sobeys, Safeway, Foodland, Foodland & Participating Co-ops, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry, Voilà by Sobeys, Voilà by Safeway, Voilà par IGA, Lawtons Drugs, Needs Convenience, Sobeys Liquor, Safeway Liquor and Thrifty Foods Liquor.

Last edited:
First you need a scene card. You can download the Scene app, or go to the scene website and set up your online account with your scene number. Log in and follow the prompts to the reward section. https://www.sceneplus.ca/

At the beginning of every month you can load the bonus offers to your profile to earn more scene points.

We have the Scotiabank scene credit card (no fee), and the scene debit cards to earn additional scene points.
Hi Hon
I got the card and am able to log in but I just couldn't figure out how much each Scene+ point was actually worth in dollar terms.

This is what I found
Scene+ Travel, Powered by Expedia logo

Scene+ Travel, Powered by Expedia​

How it works​

1. Earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on your hotel and car rental with Scene+ Travel, Powered by Expedia.^
  2. Redeem 100 points for every $1 toward your next vacation when you book with Scene+ Travel, Powered by Expedia.
  3. Not enough points? You have the flexibility to pay for travel your way, with points, any payment card, or a mix of both.

What happens next?​

Once your booking is completed you will receive a confirmation email with your booking details. You can also head back to Scene+ Travel to view your itinerary under My Trips.

So every $1.00 has a value of 100 scene points.?
So 5000 scene points is worth 50$... Is that right?

Sorry this is all new to me,,,going to take awhile.
It's ok it took me years to understand the Airmiles program.
LOL

Last edited:

-----------------------------------------------
This is posted on the scene website

Grocery, plus more ways to earn are coming to a location near you in 2022/2023​

Scene+ points will be available at grocery, pharmacy and liquor stores including Sobeys, Safeway, Foodland, Foodland & Participating Co-ops, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry, Voilà by Sobeys, Voilà by Safeway, Voilà par IGA, Lawtons Drugs, Needs Convenience, Sobeys Liquor, Safeway Liquor and Thrifty Foods Liquor.
You can use your scene points for travel or a combination of scene points and dollars to book your hotel accommodation under rewards. Log in, Click on Rewards, Click on Travel, Page down and click on Learn More under Ways to Redeem.

Book Scene+ Travel now
Then click on

So every $1.00 has a value of 100 scene points.?
So 5000 scene points is worth 50$... Is that right?

Sorry this is all new to me,,,going to take awhile.
It's ok it took me years to understand the Airmiles program.
LOL
That is my question as well. Cashing in....
  • 95 AM ~ $10
  • 10000 PC point ~ $10
  • Scene+ ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter