Airmiles Armchair Chatter

it says universal telegram woman ordered acc to her dec 2020 for her trip this oct .. and it took a couple of months
Well I don't know what acc tickets are sorry.

I do know when I have ordered tickets like Universal Passes and Walt Disney Passes the wait time was usually 1-3 weeks.
You can chat or call Airmiles /Red Tag to get their opinion.
Also when I made my purchases it wasn't through Red Tag as it is now so maybe that changes things also.

Best wishes
Mel

Well I don't know what acc tickets are sorry.

I do know when I have ordered tickets like Universal Passes and Walt Disney Passes the wait time was usually 1-3 weeks.
You can chat or call Airmiles /Red Tag to get their opinion.
Also when I made my purchases it wasn't through Red Tag as it is now so maybe that changes things also.

Best wishes
Mel

omg ha ha can you tell I’m exhausted and had a dog and a little person crawling all over me or my autocorrect is drunk . I swear I don’t drink ..

According to her universal tickets took a couple months . Seems crazy but dec 2020 possible.

Got my 100 AM bo us for BMO, spend $100 through airmilesshop. Faster than I expected.
Did you do both March/April and May BMO Bonus Boom? Were your March/April already posted? Still don't have anything in my account. It seems a bit early for the May one to have posted already as the promotion isn't even finished yet. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to spend more at a partner on my card before the deadline.

Did you do both March/April and May BMO Bonus Boom? Were your March/April already posted? Still don't have anything in my account. It seems a bit early for the May one to have posted already as the promotion isn't even finished yet. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to spend more at a partner on my card before the deadline.

I am pretty sure I only have the special BMO offer I got for May, I had a week to spend $100 thru airmilesshops using my BMO card. The only Bonus Boom for May I have posted so far are the spend $80 online (which was the same purchase as the BMO offer.

hdrolfe

Love the new Avatar Hon!
What a cutie.
Hugs
Mel

Thanks! His name is Olaf, he's a Bengal, we just got him today and he is super cute. We have him in the guest room for a bit until he's comfortable in the house and gets along with the other animals. My son is very smitten. Our dog is fascinated but won't be meeting him for a few days.

I was not intending to complete the Bonus Boom but I've done it on DD's card. I'm trying to use only her card at the moment....I want to add 2000 miles and then I'll have enough there for 2 WDW tickets. I did Sobeys yesterday and Airmilesshops. Between them I earned 265 miles. I have to recheck the Sobeys receipt because I think the my offers are missing.

My card I've done the MC (used it to pay at Sobeys) and Airmilesshops offers. I'll go and buy some lottery tickets at Shell on Tuesday to complete BB for my card too. I'm also still waiting for the last BB to post to my account.

Ahh strategic use of the Airmiles card. Love it :love:

I love seeing people's faces when I tell them I have over 17,000 Dream miles just sitting in limbo in my account. Then I tell them that I already spend 10,000 on disney tickets and 5000 on flights. You can see them trying to do the math in their heads LOL

I tell them there is a process to earning all of those miles!

I love seeing people's faces when I tell them I have over 17,000 Dream miles just sitting in limbo in my account. Then I tell them that I already spend 10,000 on disney tickets and 5000 on flights. You can see them trying to do the math in their heads LOL

I tell them there is a process to earning all of those miles!
I know this - my nephew wanted me to order the PS5 from Air miles and his girlfriend kept saying well it is better than him using his cash as it is just air miles. I have to tell her that these air miles are hard earned and that they are worth a bunch of money. He will be paying me for his PS5. I won't just be giving it to him as she thinks I should. Ha no way - I earned those miles and they were mine. I have already used mine for cutlery, ice cream machine and a food processor. I don't use mine for trips. Some people don't get air miles.

Someone talk me off the ledge......I spent several hours yesterday researching resorts in the Dominican Republic and Mexico. I've read a few articles lately saying that now is the time to book a trip. Once the border reopens and airlines get going again the prices are going to sky rocket. The tour operators are offering free cancellation and only half the deposit if you book by May 31st. Worst case scenario the deposit would be lost. They will refund in form of payment up to 25 days prior minus the deposit which is refunded in the form of a credit voucher. I'm soooooo tempted to book for January. I think I'm due for a return to Punta Cana and have narrowed it down to a couple of new resorts. What to do, what to do?

Anyone have any input on The Level at Melia Punta Cana or the Lopesan Costa Bavaro. We are big fans of the Bavaro area. My short list for Mexico is Paradissus Play Del Carmen or Dreams Natura. There are some other resorts on both my lists but these ones are new to us and tick a lot of boxes. Kind of funny....DH wants to go back to Cuba but I think only because it's a lot cheaper.

Are you traveling with kids?

High on my list for PC is Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana. Beach is calm, close to airport, waterpark, it gets really great reviews.

I have only been to MX once and we stayed at The Grand at Moon Palace. Kids 17 and under are “free” aka much cheaper, when staying with two adults in the same room.

Anyone have any input on The Level at Melia Punta Cana or the Lopesan Costa Bavaro. We are big fans of the Bavaro area. My short list for Mexico is Paradissus Play Del Carmen or Dreams Natura. There are some other resorts on both my lists but these ones are new to us and tick a lot of boxes. Kind of funny....DH wants to go back to Cuba but I think only because it's a lot cheaper.
Did you see this page on The Level? It lists Pros an Cons with some other good information.

The Level at Melia Caribe Beach Review: What To REALLY Expect If You Stay (oyster.com)

ETA-reading another review it sounds like there may be a time share aspect to part of this resort, which isn't uncommon for the DR. Just can be a pain when they keep asking.

Are you traveling with kids?

High on my list for PC is Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana. Beach is calm, close to airport, waterpark, it gets really great reviews.

I have only been to MX once and we stayed at The Grand at Moon Palace. Kids 17 and under are “free” aka much cheaper, when staying with two adults in the same room.
Nope....my kids are adults. The oldest hasn’t travelled with us in approx 10 years and won’t unless we pay. That will not be happening since she makes almost as much as her dad. The youngest is my WDW buddy and is considering coming along but she will only come if she can convince some friends to go too.

Both Hyatt’s are really nice but the price has gotten silly. The time frame I’m looking at and for the number for days it would cost over $7500 for just the 2 of us. I’m looking to be around $5000 preferably a little less but I would go a little higher too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!