Airmiles Armchair Chatter

A tip from a friend of mine that lives in the WDW area....never use the Skyliner when you have to be someplace at a specific time. There are lots of stops and starts that can add a fair bit of time.

We have no reservations, and other than hopefully doing "rope drop" or that 30 minutes pre park opening time at Hollywood Studios twice, nothing is time sensitive. I do hope we don't get stuck in the air for a long time though...

I would FREAK OUT if the Skyliner stopped over the lake. Just thinking of all the gators and snakes in it scares the crap out of me on a good day, being suspended over it while waiting would be the end of it all. I would feel pity for anyone in the car with me. o_O

And I just got a jury duty summons... I have no idea how that's going to work with getting kiddo to/from school, let alone work or anything else.
I had received one to go for jury selection in September. Make plans for you to attend for that day for jury selection. IF...if your number gets called, you can simply tell the judge your a single parent and this would cause you undue grief and hardship. Most judges will excuse you, and you won't have to actually serve on the jury. You will still need to attend for that one day though. I am going to say, about half of the people who had their numbers called, couldn't serve as it would cause them too much grief and hardship to loose their income to sit on a 4 day jury.

The first words out of this judge's mouth was " Those who did not show up today, will be served papers again when the courts require a jury. If that individual doesn't appear again, the individual will have a warrant out for their arrest, and the courts will impose steep fines and/or jail time." Those were her words before she even addressed everyone in the room.

I had served on a jury years ago, it was a very interesting and eye opening experience.

Good luck either way- some people really want to experience it...others dread it.

Just back from Airmiles shopping at Metro. I used a bunch of my AM cash to pay for the order and then pulled out a GC to pay for the balance. The cashier said there was nothing left on the card and threw it out. It would have been very odd for there to have been the exact amount on the card so I looked at my receipt. Sure enough there was $24.xx left on the card. I showed her the receipt and asked for my card back. It was easy to find because I put a sticker on it so that I can keep track of the balance. KEEP AND EYE ON THE BALANCE ON THOSE CARDS. I'm trying really hard to think this was just an honest mistake in reading the screen at the cash ($0 owing as opposed to $0 balance) but I thought it might be worth warning everyone about given that a number of us have Sobeys GC to use.

The next customer was rushing me out and I ended up forgetting one of my good Sobeys bags at the cash (didn't realize this until I was home).:(

Spent a few hours in Milton Hospital (which gets 100% for great facility & staff).
Even the toilet paper rolls are front dispensing!
https://tubeless.com/black-range/centre-pull-toilet-paper-dispenser/
Both eye ducts are blocked therefor I now have to put in another drop into my eyes every hour.
Swelling is going down and I think they are getting better.
You never realize how precious your eyes are till something effects them.
Sent son into Sobeys to get chicken ,,, limited supply but he still got 8 boxes.
He also came out with 4 boxes of Little Bites muffins,,,,I've trained him well.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love those Skyliner souvenirs Jacqueline.
Hugs
Mel

x_spcr2x2.png
Cha Cha Chai Organic Loose Leaf Tea 50g
x_spcr2x2.png
Cup of Té
$15.00 ea $7.50 ea
Standard Shipping | Delivered by October 25, 2021​
$7.50
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
EASILY AMOOSED MUG
x_spcr2x2.png
Indigo
$14.00 ea $10.78 ea
$10.78
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
POLAR BEAR HUGS MUG
x_spcr2x2.png
Indigo
$14.00 ea $10.78 ea
$10.78
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
x_spcr2x2.png
JUST CHILLIN’ MUG
x_spcr2x2.png
Indigo
$14.00 ea $10.78 ea
$10.78
x_spcr2x2.png

I finally used up the gift card for Indigo that someone bought me 2 Christmas ago.
Cute Mugs and a great price.

Hugs
Mel

Both eye ducts are blocked therefor I now have to put in another drop into my eyes every hour.
Hugs
Mel
[/QUOTE]

Hope you feel better xo

I’m at home by myself for the first time in what 18 months . Big kid is on an overnight rd trip to western. Littles are with their dad and DD got dropped off with them and they are all off to hockey .
I work 530-530 tomorrow and Sunday , and I have horrible cramps tonight so hot bath and bed and Tylenol .
have a good weekend all xo

I decided to do all my Pharmacy stocking stuffers and all I can say is wow!!! oh wow!!!. The prices on just little things has gone up.
Sunday morning and the store was empty ,,,YEAH! Thank goodness for Be Well points at Rexall.

I am waiting on three orders (Amazon , Indigo & Giant Tiger ) and then I am pretty much done.
I will pick up some savory/sweet treats closer to Christmas.:santa: Hopefully pick up a few Airmiles too.

Hugs
Mel

Way to go Mel. You've set the pace. I started my shopping the other day but I will be plugging away at it until sometime in December.

I decided to do all my Pharmacy stocking stuffers and all I can say is wow!!! oh wow!!!. The prices on just little things has gone up.
Sunday morning and the store was empty ,,,YEAH! Thank goodness for Be Well points at Rexall.

I am waiting on three orders (Amazon , Indigo & Giant Tiger ) and then I am pretty much done.
I will pick up some savory/sweet treats closer to Christmas.:santa: Hopefully pick up a few Airmiles too.

Hugs
Mel
Well done! I've had parcels arrive every other day the past two weeks. I have the grandkids almost bought for, and the first of the four gifts for each of the adults. I haven't done stocking stuffers yet, but there is only DH and DD, who, is learning about Judaism, and doesn't want Christmas gifts....but DOES want her Christmas Eve ornament, and her stocking stuffers. :upsidedow She knows that they are always the things she needs. I did suggest she get toothpaste on the first day of Hanukka, toothbrush the second, and she said....chocolate orange on the last? :rotfl:That at least gives me my timeline to get the chocolate orange. She's actually getting a Hanukkah bingo game to play with the kidlets that first night.
So, I still have some things to order, and, of course the stocking stuffers, but we'll get there!
And...to keep it on topic, I usually get one gift from Airmiles rewards, and I see nothing that is suitable this year....so I have to buy!

Sitting in TO airport waiting to go! Ottawa wasn't too bad, but kiddo has already thrown up 6 times. Sigh. He is quite tired, no sleep last night, up at 3 this morning. But we will be at Epcot before you know it. I did screw up the parking in Ottawa, I had paid and was supposed to scan the baroda but I took a ticket. Hopefully we will be able to get out without paying again.

Just back from Airmiles shopping at Metro. I used a bunch of my AM cash to pay for the order and then pulled out a GC to pay for the balance. The cashier said there was nothing left on the card and threw it out. It would have been very odd for there to have been the exact amount on the card so I looked at my receipt. Sure enough there was $24.xx left on the card. I showed her the receipt and asked for my card back. It was easy to find because I put a sticker on it so that I can keep track of the balance. KEEP AND EYE ON THE BALANCE ON THOSE CARDS. I'm trying really hard to think this was just an honest mistake in reading the screen at the cash ($0 owing as opposed to $0 balance) but I thought it might be worth warning everyone about given that a number of us have Sobeys GC to use.

The next customer was rushing me out and I ended up forgetting one of my good Sobeys bags at the cash (didn't realize this until I was home).:(

I had a similiar experience a while ago. Now I tell the Cashiers I want my card back even if it's empty. I purchase so many Sobey's grocery cards and Shell gift cards that it's better if I track the amounts left.

Spent a few hours in Milton Hospital (which gets 100% for great facility & staff).
Even the toilet paper rolls are front dispensing!
https://tubeless.com/black-range/centre-pull-toilet-paper-dispenser/
You never realize how precious your eyes are till something effects them.
Sent son into Sobeys to get chicken ,,, limited supply but he still got 8 boxes.
He also came out with 4 boxes of Little Bites muffins,,,,I've trained him well.

I'm glad you got treatment and your eyes are getting better!

Sitting in TO airport waiting to go! Ottawa wasn't too bad, but kiddo has already thrown up 6 times. Sigh. He is quite tired, no sleep last night, up at 3 this morning. But we will be at Epcot before you know it. I did screw up the parking in Ottawa, I had paid and was supposed to scan the baroda but I took a ticket. Hopefully we will be able to get out without paying again.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!