Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was able to get a rain check for 6 boxes Tetley tea at Food Basics (215 box) for $6.79 last week and they came in today.
I recently lowered my coffee consumption to 1 small cup a day so this is perfect.
Metro flyer is out on smartcanucks for anyone looking for a early peek. Oct 28-Nov 3
APP exclusive offer is Tostitos chips 99cents.
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-october-28-to-november-3/all1635278881410.png

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Checking over the flyers.
I swear we need a thread just to post when someone sees a half decent deal.
I can't find anything for me with Airmiles unless I head out to Sobeys and buy 20-$40 in Halloween candy & chocolate.

I think my shop this week will be at

Food Basics
Schneider's meat pies 6 for $2.88
Schneider's Hot dogs $2.88 a package
High Liner Haddock $8.99 a box
ED Smith triple fruit Spread $1.88

No Frills
6 pack Royale Tissues $2.97 (member price).
Betty Crocker Cake ,Frosting & cookie mix $1.27 each

Hugs
Mel

Just a heads up1635372569381.png
Shell Gift Card offer ends soon Oct 31st.
Offer valid October 3 – October 31, 2021 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles on your purchase of any of the following Gift Cards: Nintendo $50, Sony $50, Xbox $50, Keg $50, Recipe $50, Netflix $60, Cineplex $50, or Walmart $100,. Maximum 20 Miles per transaction.

Hugs
Mel

Food Basics
Schneider's meat pies 6 for $2.88
Oooh. I don't usually shop Food Basics since it is a wee bit out of the way, but I really like the Schneiders meat pies, and this is less than half their regular price at my village Freshmart or my usual Foodland. Thanks! I've just placed a PC Express order for the usual things that we use in this house. (no meat, since it's a No Frills order, and I rarely buy fresh meat at No Frills)

Last edited:
Here's the links for the flyers again, once again it's Wednesday!
I agree that the offers aren't terrific lately and that it's not going to get much better any time soon so we really need to help each other out and report back with our hunting trips. I've been lax in this myself but then nothing is running smoothly for me lately :( I've been seeing several offers lately that last beyond one flyer and if they aren't noticeable the first week they might go under the radar. I picked up another 3 of the lysol wipes last Friday at Sobeys for 1.99 and got 30 miles, that makes over a month for that offer.

ALL METRO FLYERS

ALL SAFEWAY FLYERS

ALL IGA FLYERS

ALL FOODLAND FLYERS

ALL SOBEYS FLYERS

Bunch of things have popped up this week that i keep forgetting to post about, here's a quick summary:

Airmilesshops - currently running a 7X miles sitewide until the 31st

New set of offers from Shell now that I've started filling up there they seem to have noticed and want me to do more! I'm having trouble tracking the different ones but at least they post within 30 minutes now so I can hopefully make the best of them. For November it's something about 30 L fill-ups which are hard to co-ordinate with my trips into the city.

As others mentioned the BMO Bonus Boom/Bust for Sept posted this week, anyone see the AMEX offer from either of the last 2 promos show up yet?

I haven't used my secondary card since the Shop the Block promo in 2019 because it hasn't been worth it so DANG, they've stepped up to make me use it! Buy anything at Metro get 25 miles, fill-up with 30 L at Shell get 50 miles (can do this one twice), do both get another 100 miles. Car is running on fumes so I'll use this card to fill it up tomorrow and then get a single item from my offer list at Metro, poof I'll get almost 200 miles ,NOICE

Meanwhile the main card has been fairly active since i keep getting increasingly larger threshold spends (which i keep meeting, hello $300 grocery trip yesterday, good grief!) Mastercard thinks offering me 25 miles will make me spend $275 before Sunday - NOT happening!

The Metro offer from last week already posted, fastest turnaround for me from there EVER! Spent $115 got 115 miles

The main account is now sitting over 19,000 which is enough for one Annual Pass, the game is on to get as many miles as possible in the next 15 months to get as close to the 2nd one as we can!

Ummm…there are Loungefly bags in the Airmiles reward store…including 2 Disney ones:

https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise/search?q=Loungefly
Don't forget this offer to go with them.....

Use promo code “GRAVY” to get 100 Miles off merchandise rewards of 1,000 Miles or more until Oct. 31
Darn! You guys are making it HARD! DD has been a Hello Kitty fan since she was a wee one. She's not doing Christmas this year (except for her Christmas Eve ornament and her stocking-and 1 gift I bought), but this would make an EXCELLENT Passover gift for her. I changed my mind....you guys just made it EASY for me!

Just got home from my trek into the city and decided to stop into Metro on my way home to work the system to the max!

Secondary card I bought a single apple that triggered 2 offers (fresh fruit for 3 miles and apple for 3 miles) and a 4 box thingy of the speciality Coke for hubby that triggered another one (any pop for 4 miles)
Total spend of $9.88 for 10 miles
PLUS the emailed "please shop somewhere offer" of 25 for anything at Metro
Add in the 30 L fill-up at Shell last night (barely made that one, 30.02) that got me another 50 miles
Did both offers and get another 75 miles

TOTAL spend on that card over the 2 days of just over $50 will net me 160 miles

Primary card I bought 2 bananas that triggered an offer for 3 miles and 3 boxes of granola bars for the flyer offer of 10 miles and targeted offer of 3 miles.
Total spend of $6.45 for 16 miles

PLUS the targeted offer i got for using my Samsung Pay 3 times in a week to get 50 miles instead of the usual 25 and then the extra 25 for being ONYX.

I pleased with the end results, slow and steady wins the race. With carefully planned transactions like this we WILL get to Florida in 2023

I know ya'll have been worried I wouldn't be able to come home to Canada but our test results were negative, so we have to, I mean get to, come home Sundah. Overall we felt pretty safe, put masks on at times even when they weren't required, and jave the dry hands of those who used a lot of hand sanitizer. We have MK tomorrow, but have ridden all we really wanted to (everest today, 5 times for me and 8 for kiddo). Even though the food cost way more than I had planned, we have had a great trip and I am glad we came. We have many cruises booked over 2022 and 2023 so not sure if we will be back until 2024, but I may start putting aside $20 giftcards every so often, they do add up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter