Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sitting in TO airport waiting to go! Ottawa wasn't too bad, but kiddo has already thrown up 6 times. Sigh. He is quite tired, no sleep last night, up at 3 this morning. But we will be at Epcot before you know it. I did screw up the parking in Ottawa, I had paid and was supposed to scan the baroda but I took a ticket. Hopefully we will be able to get out without paying again.

Good luck with your flight! I hope you leave on time!

My memory is soooo bad, I'm going to ask this and when the person answers I'll be saying, oh, right, now I remember.
Someone on here won a Virgin Cruise. I'm wondering if they have gone yet and what they thought. I was watching some Youtube on this cruise line this morning. It seems a bit to 'modern' for us but it's still in the back of my mind.

Sitting in TO airport waiting to go! Ottawa wasn't too bad, but kiddo has already thrown up 6 times. Sigh. He is quite tired, no sleep last night, up at 3 this morning. But we will be at Epcot before you know it. I did screw up the parking in Ottawa, I had paid and was supposed to scan the baroda but I took a ticket. Hopefully we will be able to get out without paying again.
Ahhhhhhh warmth & Sunshine!
Hope your flight went ok and that the son's tummy settles down soon,,,
put him beside the pool on a lounger with a glass of ginger ale and some Gravol.
You should then have a nice cool Adult drink!:drinking1

Hugs Hon
Mel

My memory is soooo bad, I'm going to ask this and when the person answers I'll be saying, oh, right, now I remember.
Someone on here won a Virgin Cruise. I'm wondering if they have gone yet and what they thought. I was watching some Youtube on this cruise line this morning. It seems a bit to 'modern' for us but it's still in the back of my mind.
I think Jacqueline mentioned
Disney Addict

see this post.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-on-page-1473.3442770/page-1411#post-62941606

Hugs
Mel

Have a wonderful trip ! Can’t wait to hear all about it . Send us a pic of warmth today 🌴so excited for you !

So I think we have pretty much decided Christmas is a go. I really don’t think discovery cove will let me reschedule again. And our mental health needs it. That said I’m praying littles can get vaxxed prior .
So I’ve started spending our airmiles . So far I haven’t pulled the trigger on universal tics yet but I have
Booked two nights at Cabana Bay ( originally paid cash so one nights deposit coming back to me ) refundable
Booked both airport hotel stays ( 2 nights @holiday Inn refundable )
And will be buying our 3 day tickets for the 5 of us with the remainder .. scared to order just yet but scared they will run out or go up in miles so . Sigh

Booking planning is making me happy on this cold rainy miserable day. The ex had the boys and surprise he did no schoolwork or homework so I’ve been bad cop all day trying to catch them up . Grr

Leaving bright and early Sunday am for great wolf for Halloween night . So that will get me through my 2 - 12 hours this week. Tho I’m really stressed out about eating. We have their dining plan but im second guessing eating indoors at this point. I know we can eat poolside for lunch and dinner or carry it to our room but breakfast buffet scares me . Hmm . Maybe cancel the dining and just use the gift card so no buffet . I don’t know ..

Yes, this is me! I haven't been around much I'm afraid. Back in March I hurt my back, as well as landed a full-time remote (working from home) job and just could not spend any time at the computer for my own personal stuff/hobbies for months. My back would barely allow me to sit long enough periods to work at the computer.

I haven't gone on the cruise yet so I'm afraid I cannot tell you anything. In February 2021 Virgin Voyages sent me an email saying they wanted to be fair to their contest winners and give us a year to take our cruise. At the moment I have until February 2022. However, considering they only JUST started cruising (Oct 6th) that gives me 4 1/2 months. In a couple of weeks I will be writing to ask if they will extend the timeframe. I would prefer to wait until summer. Or at least March Break so I do not have to take unpaid time off work.

Yes, this is me! I haven't been around much I'm afraid. Back in March I hurt my back, as well as landed a full-time remote (working from home) job and just could not spend any time at the computer for my own personal stuff/hobbies for months. My back would barely allow me to sit long enough periods to work at the computer.

I haven't gone on the cruise yet so I'm afraid I cannot tell you anything. In February 2021 Virgin Voyages sent me an email saying they wanted to be fair to their contest winners and give us a year to take our cruise. At the moment I have until February 2022. However, considering they only JUST started cruising (Oct 6th) that gives me 4 1/2 months. In a couple of weeks I will be writing to ask if they will extend the timeframe. I would prefer to wait until summer. Or at least March Break so I do not have to take unpaid time off work.
Hope your feeling better, backs are not to be toyed with.
I'll wait for you to report back if you do get to go. I'd prefer to hear from someone I 'know' over someone who is blogging. This cruise line just sits in the back of my mind, can't make it go away. I don't think it's for us but I'm keeping it on the back burner.

We are having so much fun. We were very late, our flight was a good 90 minutes late leaving. Epcot was fun but we really only did soaring and spaceship earth. We did eat some food, and came back to swim. Tomorrow is HS and I think we may not rope drop, might take it easy and go over later. We are really tired from traveling and want to take it easy. So happy to be here, I almost cried, it has been so long.

We are having so much fun. We were very late, our flight was a good 90 minutes late leaving. Epcot was fun but we really only did soaring and spaceship earth. We did eat some food, and came back to swim. Tomorrow is HS and I think we may not rope drop, might take it easy and go over later. We are really tired from traveling and want to take it easy. So happy to be here, I almost cried, it has been so long.

Oh my Gosh so happy for you,,, yeah I'd get emotional too!
Please do something for me,,, stop and smell the roses and take in all the ambiance ,,,ENJOY every minute.
Hugs
Mel

Oh my Gosh so happy for you,,, yeah I'd get emotional too!
Please do something for me,,, stop and smell the roses and take in all the ambiance ,,,ENJOY every minute.
Hugs
Mel

We are for sure enjoying it all. From the first ride on skyliner, to going on spaceship earth. Even swimming was nice. I am glad the pools are open to 10 still. Looking forward to a few new rides and getting on our old fans. Tomorrow we will relax a bit. Or try to any way.

I do feel pretty safe, though other people on skyliner have a weird idea of what wearing a mask means. But we wear ours, and lots of hand sanitizer. I do wish we were on a lower floor, though it is nice to have no one above us, 4th floor means I take the elevator.

So you WERE on that AC flight that was supposed to leave at 10:15. I've been watching departure times for that flight and it is rarely on time. That's the same flight we are taking in December. I hope they get their act together by then. Did you have to wait on the plane or did they load late?

The Westjet morning flight that leaves from the other terminal seems to be on time mostly.

So you WERE on that AC flight that was supposed to leave at 10:15. I've been watching departure times for that flight and it is rarely on time. That's the same flight we are taking in December. I hope they get their act together by then. Did you have to wait on the plane or did they load late?

The Westjet morning flight that leaves from the other terminal seems to be on time mostly.
I don't think it's an Air Can problem. More of a Covid problem. Before going to Mexico I watched the flights daily for over a week and they were all late....when you log in you can see why the flight is late. EVERY time it said screening issue or cleaning issue....not he exact wording but the meaning. There is a constant trickle down effect that is nearly impossible to get out of. Our flight out of YYZ was delayed around 40 minutes but that was prior to boarding. Our return flight was delayed more than an hour while we were sitting on the plane at the gate. There was an issue with one passenger who had not boarded yet. Lucky for her we sat there so long many other people were getting up and moving around, including the flight attendants handing out snacks and water, so by the time she boarded no one even noticed.

I don't think it's an Air Can problem. More of a Covid problem. Before going to Mexico I watched the flights daily for over a week and they were all late....when you log in you can see why the flight is late. EVERY time it said screening issue or cleaning issue....not he exact wording but the meaning. There is a constant trickle down effect that is nearly impossible to get out of. Our flight out of YYZ was delayed around 40 minutes but that was prior to boarding. Our return flight was delayed more than an hour while we were sitting on the plane at the gate. There was an issue with one passenger who had not boarded yet. Lucky for her we sat there so long many other people were getting up and moving around, including the flight attendants handing out snacks and water, so by the time she boarded no one even noticed.

No, I didn't think it was an AC problem but more of a problem with it taking so long to clear customs that flights are delayed because of it. From what I can see, Terminal 1 is having a lot of issues... Terminal 2 not so much.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this was posted - but AM tix for Disneyland are now up on the red tag site. Just in time to coincide with the price increase

anyways, the pricing is not what I expected. Much lower than I expected, tbh - 4628 AM for 5 day PH — I couldn’t find my redemption from 2019 - but my Nov 2015 redemption for same was 3200. So that seems reasonable for an increase over 6 years. (Especially since DL’s increases have NOT been reasonable over that time 😂)

oh! And before I hit send… Onyx personal shopper quoted me 5500 in July. So this is much cheaper!

(Disneyland does not have dynamic pricing based on date park hoppers - all multi-day tickets are the same price regardless of date - which might be different than WDW?)

I don’t know if this was posted - but AM tix for Disneyland are now up on the red tag site. Just in time to coincide with the price increase

anyways, the pricing is not what I expected. Much lower than I expected, tbh - 4628 AM for 5 day PH — I couldn’t find my redemption from 2019 - but my Nov 2015 redemption for same was 3200. So that seems reasonable for an increase over 6 years. (Especially since DL’s increases have NOT been reasonable over that time 😂)

oh! And before I hit send… Onyx personal shopper quoted me 5500 in July. So this is much cheaper!

(Disneyland does not have dynamic pricing based on date park hoppers - all multi-day tickets are the same price regardless of date - which might be different than WDW?)
FWIW I paid 4100 AM each for my 5 day Canadian resident DL parkhoppers in 2019.

HOLY MOLY. Turns out this is pretty great....I paid 4750 for my AM ticket in July 2019 - it was not a Canadian resident ticket. Which means these tickets are roughly 120 AM less - and there's been at least 2 price increases since I last purchased my tickets with AM.

We were supposed to start boarding at 9:35 and were on board shortly after 10. Then sat. They kept saying people were held up at customs. And then we had their bags so couldn't leave without them. I knew Toronto was a mess, and it is why we are coming back through Montreal, but I didn't think it would be that bad. A couple behind us in the security line was STRESSED because their flight was already boarding. I doubt they made their flight. A couple sitting near us waiting was coming to Florida for 5 weeks and had flights back to Detroit, they live in Windsor, for $22 each. By then you will be able to drive. I can't wait for Ottawa to have direct flights again, that's what we have booked for March break (cruises).

We went to HS this morning did rope drop. Apparently my snoring was so loud kiddo couldn't sleep so... we did Slinky, toy story, aliens ss and millennium falcon. I did pay for resistance, which broke down right when it got good. So we have to go back later to get to ride. We got any time LL for it. Still down so we came back to rest and swim. So hot. Love that but didn't think it would be this bad end of October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter