Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've decided this is how I will handle the updates on the flyer links from this point forward, let me know if this makes sense. I'll turn the links in the first post to the landing page on SmartCanucks for each partner store and each week I'll just plunk those links here as well. Once people have had a chance to look at them perhaps they can share the offers that they think are worth hunting down?

Here's what I'm referring to, once you click on these links you'll be able to pick which flyer pertains to your area.

ALL SOBEYS FLYERS

ALL FOODLAND FLYERS

ALL IGA FLYERS

ALL SAFEWAY FLYERS

ALL METRO FLYERS

Alright my AM hunting buddies....does anyone know of a promo that might be starting again soon?

I found a new clothing items I could buy....and use an airmiles shops to get some AM. I will wait if anyone knows of a promo coming up where I could snag a few extra miles.

This momma is finally buying some better fitting clothes. We cleaned out our closet of anything that didn't fit. There is not much left...I need to do some serious shopping :woohoo:
That's awesome! I'm going to suggest a few ways to double-up those miles for you during the next bonus boom/bust which is supposed to run from Sept 30th - Oct 13th.

Already know that one offer will be spend $250 on your BMO Mastercard get 100 miles. *usually* for these promos it doesn't matter what you actually buy with the card so long as it is at a partner store so just buy a gift card for whatever store you'll be shopping at.

Take that gift card and use it for your online purchase since there will more than likely be an offer for the airmilesshop (better be I have a constant list :P )

I was even able to get more because it coincided with my targeted weekly offer from Mastercard to spend $75 at Shell so I bought the gift card there since it didn't exclude gift cards. Gotta read the fine print for these though, sometimes they specifically exclude gift cards

I've decided this is how I will handle the updates on the flyer links from this point forward, let me know if this makes sense. I'll turn the links in the first post to the landing page on SmartCanucks for each partner store and each week I'll just plunk those links here as well. Once people have had a chance to look at them perhaps they can share the offers that they think are worth hunting down?

Here's what I'm referring to, once you click on these links you'll be able to pick which flyer pertains to your area.

ALL SOBEYS FLYERS

ALL FOODLAND FLYERS

ALL IGA FLYERS

ALL SAFEWAY FLYERS

ALL METRO FLYERS
Looks good to me.

Already know that one offer will be spend $250 on your BMO Mastercard get 100 miles. *usually* for these promos it doesn't matter what you actually buy with the card so long as it is at a partner store so just buy a gift card for whatever store you'll be shopping at.

Take that gift card and use it for your online purchase since there will more than likely be an offer for the airmilesshop (better be I have a constant list :P )
Great tips....thanks. Just wanting to get a few extra miles since I used a few miles to fly my parents here for a visit when the kids and grandbaby are here. I won't ever find ways of NOT using my miles :rolleyes1

Ran for a last minute Sobeys shop last night to stock up on pancake mix and syrup (we're big pancake people at this house). Also got some regular groceries. Spent $159 got 305 miles. Was SHOCKED that the regular box of pancake mix is now $4.59! What???

Stopped at Shell and finished off Go+. Woot.

I'll be back to Sobeys for this week's specials.

Ran for a last minute Sobeys shop last night to stock up on pancake mix and syrup (we're big pancake people at this house). Also got some regular groceries. Spent $159 got 305 miles. Was SHOCKED that the regular box of pancake mix is now $4.59! What???

Inflation has been rising...and will keep rising if the the powers that be keep printing money like they are the banker in Monopoly.

After our last grocery shop (at superstore) on Sunday...and most of it was fresh produce, fruit, bread and I bought the nn all purpose flour as it was on sale....and all of that minus the flour fit into our grocery bin and it cost us $55.00 :scared: :scared1: It is scary stupid how much things are starting to cost. And our wages are NOT going up to help adjust. I told dh that it's sad that 55.00 worth of groceries fit into one of those bins.

It's going to be harder and harder for low income people to buy just the basics. THAT makes me angry and sad.

Inflation has been rising...and will keep rising if the the powers that be keep printing money like they are the banker in Monopoly.

After our last grocery shop (at superstore) on Sunday...and most of it was fresh produce, fruit, bread and I bought the nn all purpose flour as it was on sale....and all of that minus the flour fit into our grocery bin and it cost us $55.00 :scared: :scared1: It is scary stupid how much things are starting to cost. And our wages are NOT going up to help adjust. I told dh that it's sad that 55.00 worth of groceries fit into one of those bins.

It's going to be harder and harder for low income people to buy just the basics. THAT makes me angry and sad.
Yes and with my privilege I can still afford to buy high volumes on freezer items or non-perishables when there are sales. This will help me deal with price increases in the long run.

That is not the same for everyone. The insecurity for what is a basic need makes me very worried.

I needed a $75.00 shop for a targeted 25 bonus airmiles offer.
No problem I have it all figured out ,,,,and then the cashier does not charge me for two Juicy fruit gums but only one ,,,,grand total came to $73.70,,,,guess I got a free $3.19 container of gum, BUT no 25 bonus airmiles Dang!!!

Todays shop $73.70
Total airmiles =248

My Sobeys from last weeks shop posted on time last night into my account.:)

Hugs
Mel

I just shopped at Sobeys and was going to do the spend $25 on General Mills products and get 100 air miles but that plan went out the window when I found another brand of yoghurt that was buy 1 get 1 so I got that instead. I would have had to buy 2 yoghurts at 5.99 then a bunch of granola bars or cereal I didn't really want so this worked out better for me.
Oh and my Sobeys miles posted correctly from last week as well.
Oh and dang - just got the email reminder that if you use 95 miles you get 25 back and I forgot to do that. All is not lost as I didn't buy any milk yet so I will go back next week when I really need it and cash in 95 miles.

Last edited:
O/T
Heading to giant Tiger today
I am hoping to get some bath sheets to fill out those Christmas stockings.
on sale $10.00 each.
Hugs
Mel
View attachment 607016
That's a good idea. I'm sending my yearly "Christmas Wish list" out to the kids today. First ones to reply gets mostly what they ask for....those that don't....not so much LOL

Good Afternoon
I wanted to mention this grocery store . As I was scouring the ads this week I noticed that this store has a few Disney items that maybe someone would be interested in. (think stocking stuffers).
I Googled and found a store in Oakville which is close to me.

Galleria Supermarket
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10145/1427650
https://www.galleriasm.com/
Hugs
Mel
I love Galleria! I got the Mickey and Minnie boxes as Christmas gifts for my Disney fan colleagues.

What, if anything, do we know about this next Bonus Boom? I haven't seen anything much and have been holding off getting gas. I can't wait much longer so curious if anyone has any heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter