Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Plus they moved my mini white powdered donuts ,,,,bad people. LOL

Hugs
Mel
Are they in your direct path now so that they make you buy them? I would buy them but I would be the only one eating them so nope. I think I should go for a walk to the Beaver Tails Mobile trailer just down the road and get a regular cinnamon sugar beaver tail.

Are they in your direct path now so that they make you buy them? I would buy them but I would be the only one eating them so nope. I think I should go for a walk to the Beaver Tails Mobile trailer just down the road and get a regular cinnamon sugar beaver tail.
Mmmmm delicious ...... Beaver Tails!!!!!!
Yes they are now in my direct path way .... no avoiding them now! LOL.
Hugs
Mel

Just sharing
Using some of those cash airmiles for my son's Birthday in June.
I quickly made this.

SpurgBp.jpg

OMG I haven't had a Beaver Tail in years. They are so good. Might have to put that on my special treat list.

Fortunately for me they are a bit of a drive (downtown or to the outlet mall). I do have to go to the outlet mall when the stores open up so maybe then...

There is a Beaver Tails right outside my office building on the waterfront. Along with a poutine shack!
The one near me is at the Real Canadian Superstore in the parking lot so maybe a 5-10 minute walk. They are open Wed to Sun so lots of days for me to choose from. So far I have only ventured over there 2 times - first time had both a basic Beaver Tail and a Beaver Dog (hot dog in a beaver tail pastry but not sweet). The 2nd time I tried the Killalou one - cinnamon sugar with a squeeze of lemon and I won't be having that one again. I will be back to the basic one. All this talk makes me want to run over this weekend for one. Maybe I will walk over on Sunday between watching car races on TV. This is normally my big car race party weekend and again this year I am holding it virtually. May be the bears will make a weekend appearance.

The one near me is at the Real Canadian Superstore in the parking lot so maybe a 5-10 minute walk. They are open Wed to Sun so lots of days for me to choose from. So far I have only ventured over there 2 times - first time had both a basic Beaver Tail and a Beaver Dog (hot dog in a beaver tail pastry but not sweet). The 2nd time I tried the Killalou one - cinnamon sugar with a squeeze of lemon and I won't be having that one again. I will be back to the basic one. All this talk makes me want to run over this weekend for one. Maybe I will walk over on Sunday between watching car races on TV. This is normally my big car race party weekend and again this year I am holding it virtually. May be the bears will make a weekend appearance.

I love the one with lemon on it... so good!! But I haven't had one in ages. I remember going to La Ronde in high school (so many many years ago) and just eating Beaver Tails. Good trip... I am sure your 5-10 minute walk will burn off those calories :) Plus, it's a special occasion!

I want a new Fitbit, mine the battery barely lasts two days now and is acting up. So AM has the Versa 3 which looks nice, and I have just enough AM for it, but just. I've already paid for my hotels for December so the only things I'd be saving for now are Disney party tickets, or maybe a hotel this summer somewhere. Should I use the AM for the watch or pay for it out of pocket? It's $299.99 (plus tax) vs 3211 AM (with Onyx discount). Ugh...

I miss that AM used to have tickets for things locally, if they still have them I haven't been able to find them. They had TO zoo last summer, among other things of that nature, I'd use my AM for stuff like that (whenever it opens back up again).

I want a new Fitbit, mine the battery barely lasts two days now and is acting up. So AM has the Versa 3 which looks nice, and I have just enough AM for it, but just. I've already paid for my hotels for December so the only things I'd be saving for now are Disney party tickets, or maybe a hotel this summer somewhere. Should I use the AM for the watch or pay for it out of pocket? It's $299.99 (plus tax) vs 3211 AM (with Onyx discount). Ugh...
I have looked at those too. I am wanting a fitbit of some sort, to get a more accurate picture of my total steps in a day. I am using google fit right now on my phone, but I don't carry my phone on me all the time or while I'm putzing, cleaning or cooking around the house.

BUT

I'm also not willing to use my AM for a fitbit. I want to use the miles for TRIPS....lots and lots of trips lol. The struggle is real. Right now I'm on the hunt for a new to me one off of market place. I'm hoping to find a good deal on one through there.

I ordered the Fitbit Versa 3 on May 5th and it got here on May 10th and i LOVE it - once i figured it out that is (gawd I'm old!) It was on "sale" when i got it for just over 3000 miles but I think i would still pay whatever it is now because we treat our miles as FREE to use on things we probably wouldn't buy with cash.

If you don't want to spend that many miles why not go for the Versa 2? I'm not sure which one you currently have but I know that's the model my daughter has and loves. I like the fact that i can use this one to talk-to-text, answer calls and wake up google and yes, to see how poorly i really DO sleep (or don't i guess :P )

I ordered the Fitbit Versa 3 on May 5th and it got here on May 10th and i LOVE it - once i figured it out that is (gawd I'm old!) It was on "sale" when i got it for just over 3000 miles but I think i would still pay whatever it is now because we treat our miles as FREE to use on things we probably wouldn't buy with cash.

If you don't want to spend that many miles why not go for the Versa 2? I'm not sure which one you currently have but I know that's the model my daughter has and loves. I like the fact that i can use this one to talk-to-text, answer calls and wake up google and yes, to see how poorly i really DO sleep (or don't i guess :P )
I think I want the Versa 3. For the reasons you mentioned. We had also seen they had them on " sale" at our Costco for 180.00. I had hinted at the family to get it for me for Mother's Day. But of course covid hit our house, and the family was still isolating when Mother's Day happened. So this momma bought herself a bunch of Costco flowers for Mother's day for 22.00 instead of the fitbit. OH well...I'll still keep hunting and see what I come up with. It is on my want list...as well as a pair of wireless earphones for my walks.

Father's Day is coming up and they often have sales on Fitbit so I will wait a couple weeks. But I do think I want the 3, if I'm going to spend that much I want the latest :) I'll get some extra bands for it too because I like to change those sometimes.

Mother's Day I got myself some new pots and pans from TSC that came earlier this week and are sooo nice. They are Curtis Stone and a 17 piece set! I don't even know what to do with so many pots and pans lol. They cook nicely, but the handles get hot, which I don't like, but they can also go in the oven so I like that. First time I've ever bought an actual set.

I know .................... I know .................. :( I was thinking the same thing.
I really miss the BIG Airmiles promos.

Hugs
Mel
Me too - I went to Sobeys today and I was going to buy the Olymel bacon - buy 4 get 75 air miles but they only had 6 packages on the shelf and they were all best before today. I asked the meat guy if they were getting anymore and he said they only get them when they are on sale so probably not. I mentioned that they were all best before today and he said well they can be frozen. I declined to buy the bacon so missed out on those air miles. I may go back next week and see if they got anymore. Now I did buy 4 boxes of Nestle drumsticks and earned 40 airmiles in total. Those I know can be frozen - ha ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!