Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Whatever GC you might need. I have used this strategy at my local partner grocery store ((Metro). If you get a newer cashier they may or may not know all the rules. I've used it to purchase a Metro GC as well as Shell gas. Any GC should work. Just start out with a $25 or $50 GC that you have plans to use in the next few weeks

This is very interesting. When I go to the AM webpage there is an add for Feb. that says to shop AM shops and there is a logo for Intuit Turbo Tax. But when I go to AM shops its not there listed as a shop. I did a live chat and the person live chatting said they checked too and agree its not there. They said maybe it's coming later on in Feb. It's the 22nd! I said well that is misleading advertising then it says shop now with a link. Did anyone recall seeing Tubo Tax listed as an online shop in Feb?
stores come and go constantly! It's rare that you'll get any warning or see the banner like HBC and Amazon had for awhile (those usually mean the store will come back eventually) yes I do remember seeing them during StB when I was doing my daily checks for multiplier offers. Will they come back, don't know but I do know that Intuit tax is there if that interests you.

My son loves the games on Steam. My husband & I fill up at Shell all the time. If you would like, I could pick up a card for you and mail it to you so you don't have to go out for it. AFTER you receive it and redeem it, you could e-transfer me the money in reimbursement. Let me know.

Oh my gosh - it just dawned on me that I don't have to mail it and make you wait. I could just scratch all the numbers off; take a photo and text it to you. That way you could redeem it same day. LOL

that's super nice of you but I don't actually need the gift cards, I was only referring to the fact that it would have helped me reach a Mastercard threshold that I decided to let slide. I'm doing my best to not leave the house if I don't need to and to enter an extremely small store that always seems to be crowded for 20 airmiles (probably a whole 70 if I spent 250 during that 2 week period) doesn't fall under essential for me. I just spent I think $35 online since all 8 games I bought were 75% off for Chinese new year!!!

AAnyone else feeling the pull of granolie bars (throw back to our youngest) and Rice crackers? $40=200 miles and about 3 months of snacks for my hubby!

My kids are teens now but my daughter likes to snack on granola bars and my son likes the mini rice cakes so I just may do it. Although I still have lots of granola bars from the last blue bonus for them. Also the bacon as DH loves bacon.

I'm interested in the Prime chicken at Sobeys BUT it looks a bit misleading as both the Foodland & Sobeys ad describes different types and none of the Prime kind I usually get for airmiles. (Stuffed chicken breasts ,chicken strips).
I will make a quick trip over tomorrow morning but am prepared to walk away without.
If available I'd like to get 10 boxes. (200 airmiles).
My sons are definitely down for bacon. lol

Fingers crossed.

Hugs
Mel

I've got a few things on my list. It's hard to see great deals on things I shouldn't eat anymore and have to pass them by. I will go to Foodland tomorrow and Sobeys on Friday to pick up some offers. Not the haul I used to make on a Blue Friday but these are different times.

Should be a nice sunny day for the drive tomorrow. That will be nice.

We've just moved to a new, smaller home. I do not have the space to stockpile the way I've done for my whole entire life. My goal is to use up the food in the house that I have (that will be months) and then maybe have a small pantry shelf built in the basement storage area. That won't happen until probably next winter. So deals or not, the collection of points is going to suffer big time!

I'm interested in the Prime chicken at Sobeys BUT it looks a bit misleading as both the Foodland & Sobeys ad describes different types and none of the Prime kind I usually get for airmiles. (Stuffed chicken breasts ,chicken strips).
I will make a quick trip over tomorrow morning but am prepared to walk away without.
If available I'd like to get 10 boxes. (200 airmiles).
My sons are definitely down for bacon. lol

Fingers crossed.

Hugs
Mel
Had the same thought when I saw the Prime Chicken description! Let us know how it goes!

@Debbie glad about the new house. Sad about no longer being able to stockpile for the big shops. I hear you about eating through the current stockpile.

Good luck with all the unpacking.

Early morning shop. (Sobeys) Sunny bright :car:
I can confirm that the chicken breasts and chicken strips are both part of the airmiles deal.
They had lots of Chicken breast cheese & broccoli but only 5 boxes of chicken strips ,,yes I took all of them.

I picked up 5 packages of bacon and will drop some off for my oldest son this afternoon.

As I was checking out I spotted some Excel spearmint & Juicy Fruit sugar free gum tubs,,,,, but 2 get 25 Airmiles,, I picked up a couple.
1614263820015.png
I had a My Offers spend $100 get 35 airmiles.

I felt comfortable (safe) shopping I was the only one in the store.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter