Airmiles Armchair Chatter

how are your grocery bills right now? do you save money shopping at walmart?

you could always play the shell game with yourself—set up a “rewards” account and transfer a little each shop that’s sort of what you’d get in miles or what you’re saving?

especially since you said you’re hoping to move this year, i would just leave the air miles account because maybe it’ll start building again after you move

It's a good point. I am not sure I am saving by shopping at Walmart, but I don't have to go in store and it's quick, basically takes me 20 minutes to drive there, get the stuff loaded, and drive home. I probably spend the same or more just because I keep adding to the cart :) I have probably been spoiled by getting something for grocery shopping. It is a nice perk but not a necessity, just makes vacations a little better.

Now WFH has saved me parking and gas which I am trying to save towards "stuff" when we move. Including hiring movers because I am not doing that on my own ever again. I also hope that will give me a bit of an income tax refund.

Glad to see the "Max a Miles" is right on schedule with last years experience. I will have to go through the flyer a little more closely tomorrow and see what the prices and quantitiy requried are to see if the offers are worth it.

Sobeys has become a 25 min drive for me but I can stop in afterwards and drop things off (pick things up) with DS who lives nearby the new store I shop at.

It's a new world, need to adjust and adapt I guess to keep playing the game.

Reminder to everyone. Airmiles is just a game we play to reduce costs for holidays. Don't put yourself at risk just to play the game. Stay safe and happy hunting.

Is anyone able to read the flyer better than me?

Bacon buy _____ ? get 100 Airmiles @ $4.99 each.

Quaker Harvest crunch Or Quaker oatmeal buy ________? get 100 airmiles @ 2/$7 each?

Excel Gum 4 packs buy ______ at $3.49 each get 20 Airmiles?

Thanks Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Is anyone able to read the flyer better than me?

Bacon buy _____ ? get 100 Airmiles @ $4.99 each.

Quaker Harvest crunch Or Quaker oatmeal buy ________? get 100 airmiles @ 2/$7 each?

Excel Gum 4 packs buy ______ at $3.49 each get 20 Airmiles?

Thanks Hugs
Mel

Looks like:

5 Schneider’s bacon
6 Quaker products

Having trouble finding the Excel in the ad...will update when I have some more time to find it, have to get back to work, lol.

Looks like:

5 Schneider’s bacon
6 Quaker products

Having trouble finding the Excel in the ad...will update when I have some more time to find it, have to get back to work, lol.
Thanks for checking for me
The bacon is tempting as I been unable to get it a few times lately.
I know I could freeze some and give some to my oldest son.

Hugs
Mel

the non-announcement announcements that Ford et all made this afternoon has me a tad stressed, after 4 days of doomsday comments about "drastic measures we need to implement to deal with the projections that will make you fall off your chair" boiled down to nothing surprising really, urgh, not sure how most of the measures will actually work or if they'll help. Stay at home unless ..(blah blah blah, same as lockdown, right?) Shorter hours for non essential stores that offer curbside pickup (really, just shorten hours?) Threatening to do spot checks on big box stores. Whatever, it is what it is right? Only thing that might help is the lowering of 5 per gathering.

Continuing with my completely off topic here's what's going on here,
What do you do when you're stressed? Well duh, you make 4 bite brownies!
20210112_160513.jpg
Just need to cool before I can eat them or they're too crumbly And yes I said I CAN EAT THOSE

ok back to collecting airmiles, which in my city is ridiculously hard! I'm not driving to ssobeys because, sadly, I'm unable to eat pork anymore 😭

Last edited:
So ...........................................................................
Airmiles says that Sobeys is refusing to honor the milk purchases I made even though I have issued them all the receipts.
16,350 airmiles ....................................................... Poof!!!
As a *goodwill* gesture Airmiles will give me 500 Airmiles.
Am I happy ,,,, NO but I will move along and NOT trust Airmiles as a company again.
As an intermediary company Airmiles has no power at all to resolve these situations.

I would also tell others that I was asked not to share with anyone that they were giving me these Airmiles.,,,, apparently I am just getting them as I am a long time loyalty member. I told them NO I would be posting my experience and information.

Please be aware that some of the terms & conditions on products has recently changed
example: Rep seemed surprised that I noticed this.................................... in My Offers.

"We reserve the right to limit quantities to reasonable family requirements.®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated."
Rep said that Sponsors have made changes due to Covid ,,,I said then you as an intermediary have a responsibility to notify your clients (shoppers ,buyers).

Overall this left a bad taste and feeling (especially since all the product was a food donation) , but I feel better educated about the way they operate their company.

Hugs Mel

the non-announcement announcements that Ford et all made this afternoon has me a tad stressed, after 4 days of doomsday comments about "drastic measures that will make you fall off your chair" boiled down to nothing surprising really, urgh, not sure how most of the measures will actually work or if they'll help. Stay at home unless ..(blah blah blah, same as lockdown, right?) Shorter hours for non essential stores that offer curbside pickup (really, just shorten hours?) Threatening to do spot checks on big box stores. Whatever, it is what it is right? Only thing that might help is the lowering of 5 per gathering.

View attachment 549783
Just need to cool before I can eat them or they're too crumbly And yes I said I CAN EAT THOSE

ok back to collecting airmiles, which in my city is ridiculously hard! I'm not driving to ssobeys because, sadly, I'm unable to eat pork anymore 😭

Ahhhh I'm coming over for Tea!!
One bite Brownies!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Yes I know you said *4 Bite* lol
They look delicious Hon!!
Hugs
Mel

the non-announcement announcements that Ford et all made this afternoon has me a tad stressed, after 4 days of doomsday comments about "drastic measures that will make you fall off your chair" boiled down to nothing surprising really, urgh, not sure how most of the measures will actually work or if they'll help. Stay at home unless ..(blah blah blah, same as lockdown, right?) Shorter hours for non essential stores that offer curbside pickup (really, just shorten hours?) Threatening to do spot checks on big box stores. Whatever, it is what it is right? Only thing that might help is the lowering of 5 per gathering.

View attachment 549783

The fall of your chair comment was pertaining to the modelling numbers....and yes, it should knock people off the chair. We are on the same course as France and the UK. Here they said 10,000-20,000 new cases per day within 3 weeks. This puts hospitals over capacity and in the position of having to choose who lives and who dies.

The detailed list of restrictions comes out tomorrow.

The fall of your chair comment was pertaining to the modelling numbers....and yes, it should knock people off the chair. We are on the same course as France and the UK. Here they said 10,000-20,000 new cases per day within 3 weeks. This puts hospitals over capacity and in the position of having to choose who lives and who dies.

The detailed list of restrictions comes out tomorrow.
detailed list is here now. And yes I combined his 2 comments into one, lazy on my part because as I've mentioned I'm walking a very fine line these days. I'm NOT denying that the numbers are terrible just upset that I doubt the "new" restrictions are restrictive enough
here's the full document
https://beta.documentcloud.org/documents/20448861-enhanced-provincewide-shutdown

detailed list is here now. And yes I combined his 2 comments into one, lazy on my part because as I've mentioned I'm walking a very fine line these days. I'm NOT denying that the numbers are terrible just upset that I doubt the "new" restrictions are restrictive enough
here's the full document
https://beta.documentcloud.org/documents/20448861-enhanced-provincewide-shutdown

I felt the information regarding restrictions was same old --- same old and the restrictions for me not strong enough,, but that's me and I respect others may not agree. The numbers are heart wrenching and staggering,, lets all stay safe and we will be ok and get through this together,
As my Nana would say put the Tea pot on,,everything is better with a cup of tea....and a few brownies.
Hugs Hon
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter