Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question about Sobeys Gift Cards
I have a neighbour moving to Ottawa and I was wondering if Gift Cards bought here in Mississauga can be used in Ottawa?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
Yes. I've sent PC gift cards to NS and NL and I'm sure that Sobeys is the same.

Yes. I've sent PC gift cards to NS and NL and I'm sure that Sobeys is the same.

Thanks Hon
I usually get her a physical gift but I am sure she has enough to pack for the move and I thought a gift card might be a better idea.
Great neighbour ,,I am going to miss her.
Thanks for letting me know.
Hugs to you
Mel

Of course they can. You can use those cards at any participating store anywhere across Canada. I've personally used cards purchased in Ottawa when visiting in Winnipeg, Ottawa has Sobeys, Foodland and FreshCo available.

The only concern may be whether a Sobeys branded store is nearby. What part of the city is your friend moving to?

Of course they can. You can use those cards at any participating store anywhere across Canada. I've personally used cards purchased in Ottawa when visiting in Winnipeg, Ottawa has Sobeys, Foodland and FreshCo available.

The only concern may be whether a Sobeys branded store is nearby. What part of the city is your friend moving to?

Hi Hon
I am not sure but I will check with her today. Another idea might be to use some airmiles and grab a Starbucks Gift card voucher as I know she has a long drive from here to there.
Hugs
Mel

There is the odd Starbs along the highway but it's mainly Tim's.
Ok I am sitting here trying to behave and enjoy a cup of home brew :coffee: (yucky stuff) and thinking about how if I wear a double mask and gloves I will be safe to go through a drive thru. Really trying to be good here.
The temptation is high today!Lol,,,but if you think I should go for a quick drive I will...Lol ☕ 540743
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Ok I am sitting here trying to behave and enjoy a cup of home brew :coffee: (yucky stuff) and thinking about how if I wear a double mask and gloves I will be safe to go through a drive thru. Really trying to be good here.
The temptation is high today!Lol,,,but if you think I should go for a quick drive I will...Lol ☕ View attachment 540743
Hugs
Mel
Thats why you buy a good machine, good coffee, and enjoy cheaper at home whenever you like.

Is there a way to add all the offera
The temptation is high today!Lol,,,but if you think I should go for a quick drive I will...Lol ☕ View attachment 540743
Hugs
Mel
I love ice coffee. I've recently bought the big jug of starbucks and the stok brands of cold coffee. Adding flavoured liquid coffee creamer to it. So good.

I cannot make a great brew in my coffee pot to save my life! I can't get the correct measurements on the coffee/water ratio.

Thats why you buy a good machine, good coffee, and enjoy cheaper at home whenever you like.
Is there a way to add all the offera

I love ice coffee. I've recently bought the big jug of starbucks and the stok brands of cold coffee. Adding flavoured liquid coffee creamer to it. So good.

I cannot make a great brew in my coffee pot to save my life! I can't get the correct measurements on the coffee/water ratio.
My hubby, the self-proclaimed coffee snob, only uses fresh whole beans that he hand grinds in a burr grinder, heats the water to exactly 90 C, then slowly pours it over the coffee in his french press pot, sets the times for 4.5 minutes before he presses the plunger, pours it through a small sieve into his favourite (massive) mug and adds a splash of Organic Meadow table cream. He only drinks one cup a day and says it HAS to be just perfect. DANG, the 2 - 4th month of quarantine was brutal until Second Cup started selling the beans online because he had to "settle" for other beans

My hubby, the self-proclaimed coffee snob, only uses fresh whole beans that he hand grinds in a burr grinder, heats the water to exactly 90 C, then slowly pours it over the coffee in his french press pot, sets the times for 4.5 minutes before he presses the plunger, pours it through a small sieve into his favourite (massive) mug and adds a splash of Organic Meadow table cream. He only drinks one cup a day and says it HAS to be just perfect. DANG, the 2 - 4th month of quarantine was brutal until Second Cup started selling the beans online because he had to "settle" for other beans
LOL...that is a coffee snob. I love it! I never drink coffee...love the smell of it brewing but can't stand the taste. I'm probably a bit of a tea snob. Certain brands I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole and none of the herbal watery weakness for me. My snobbery is more along the line of how it's made. I need to double boil the kettle, the tea must steep for no less than 3 minutes (5 min is my max), then stirred in the cup and squeezed to remove. I am a good Scott and I add a nice amount of milk. I too have a special mug that no one is allowed to touch and it's only for my morning cup. It's an oversized mug that I bought at WDW 23 years ago. I have the Disney Starbs mugs that I use for my afternoon cup.

So having nothing to do with AM but I know you all can appreciate a good deal. I got a Cyber Monday email from the pet store.....15% off on $79 or 20% off $100+ for online orders. Then I get a second one that is for their rewards program....5x the rewards. Very conveniently I needed to get dog food today. When I put the food in my online cart I notice that it's on sale so now I need 2 bags and a little $5 something to make the $100. I get to the checkout page and I get the additional 20% off, great. Then I decide to try adding the coupons that I have and they are accepted, even greater. I ended up adding a 3rd bag and with the 20% and my coupons taken off I've paid less for 3 bags than what 2 would cost......AND I'm getting same day delivery for FREE! The reward points also bump me up to $20 for next time.

I received one of those BMO offers "spend X get 75AM" Nov 24-Nov 30. I opted in and didn't give it another thought. I figured if I got there so be it, if not no loss.

I had a big shopping day today and was looking for a RONA offer I thought I had. Turns out it was on DH card but that's when I saw the saved offer from BMO. Added up my charges over the last week, I was $30 short to get the 75AM. Too close to let that go. I hopped on a favourite clothing site and picked up a top. Offer taken care of now.
That was close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!