Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Lordy, I'm so glad to hear all of these. DD moved back in with us in 2018, with the intention of doing her Music Therapy Board Exams, and to get her driver's license. And then COVID. Yikes. Did the exam after lockdown finished in June but is still waiting to get an appointment for the G2 road test, and I feel like she's 10 years younger and a teenager again. She likes to analyze her father and me, telling us all about our relationships and nagging, and she knows best about everything! You know, when they are teenagers, they do things to help you not miss them when they leave? That's what she's been doing the past couple of months. It's time, but there are no jobs for music therapists right now. (and even if there were....they'd be online-and just another thing for her to complain about-my internet, that I pay for.)

DS also needs to do his G2. I've given up hope. He has very little interest in driving and right now it's so difficult to get an appointment he might as well wait until this is all finished and he can start over with the whole driving thing.

DS also needs to do his G2. I've given up hope. He has very little interest in driving and right now it's so difficult to get an appointment he might as well wait until this is all finished and he can start over with the whole driving thing.
DD did her in class lessons in August of 2018. She worked hard to gain the confidence and was ready to take her test as the pandemic hit. She had a test booked in December and they emailed her, literally, 24 hours ahead that the tester had quit, so....book another.....she "lucked" out and got one 2 hours away for Jan. 4th. Yeah. No.

OK, take this as genuine and not as those in the southern states mean when they say it but dang BLESS YOUR HEARTS! All of you who have been dealing with the forced togetherness that at times we all thought would be nice, you know after the kids leave we sort of wish for a big gathering, dream of a family vacation but instead you have run head long into the OMG GET OUT OF MY FACE reality that so much closeness actually brings along for the ride. I truly don't know how we would be able to handle it right now! It somehow always works out that when I'm at my worst, closest to rock bottomness that my hubby is so stupidly busy that he rarely has enough time to poke his head out to eat meals together. I need to know he's close at hand because he's my rock, I draw my strength from him, and we truly are that sappy soulmate couple that makes people gag but i just can't handle needing to be in the same space with anyone else for an extended period of time when it hurts to just "be". However we are both extreme introverts and even need space from each other when we're overwhelmed. Not uncommon to come home from even grocery shopping (when we did it together that is, crap almost a full YEAR now since that happened maybe twice after we got back from Florida) and spend a few hours in our respective caves, him up in his office and me in the basement inside a blanket fort with the remote firmly in my hand.

Lockdown, both at the beginning and currently wasn't/isn't hard on us, we actually enjoy that it removes the pressure of needing to decide if we want to spend time with others :P You'll all be on my mind & in my heart as these days full of "too much" family time drag on, it's rough!!!

Side note I had a few exciting things post to my account that let me breathe a bit easier about the StB promo, I'll only need to fight for the online shopping (not anything new for me!) Plus the miles from Metro for using my cash miles was a very welcome surprise

One more thing that happened on Monday that made me stop in my tracks and laugh right out loud causing the letter carrier to look at me like I had lost my mind. Remember me bragging that all of my orders arrived within days or even hours of being placed? I got a package from The Bay with socks for hubby that I ordered on Cyber Monday, I hadn't even noticed that they weren't with the undies that came!!! Those danged thing took over a month to get here from KITCHENER, only 20 minutes away 🤪

OK, take this as genuine and not as those in the southern states mean when they say it but dang BLESS YOUR HEARTS! All of you who have been dealing with the forced togetherness that at times we all thought would be nice, you know after the kids leave we sort of wish for a big gathering, dream of a family vacation but instead you have run head long into the OMG GET OUT OF MY FACE reality that so much closeness actually brings along for the ride. I truly don't know how we would be able to handle it right now! It somehow always works out that when I'm at my worst, closest to rock bottomness that my hubby is so stupidly busy that he rarely has enough time to poke his head out to eat meals together. I need to know he's close at hand because he's my rock, I draw my strength from him, and we truly are that sappy soulmate couple that makes people gag but i just can't handle needing to be in the same space with anyone else for an extended period of time when it hurts to just "be". However we are both extreme introverts and even need space from each other when we're overwhelmed. Not uncommon to come home from even grocery shopping (when we did it together that is, crap almost a full YEAR now since that happened maybe twice after we got back from Florida) and spend a few hours in our respective caves, him up in his office and me in the basement inside a blanket fort with the remote firmly in my hand.

Lockdown, both at the beginning and currently wasn't/isn't hard on us, we actually enjoy that it removes the pressure of needing to decide if we want to spend time with others :P You'll all be on my mind & in my heart as these days full of "too much" family time drag on, it's rough!!!

Side note I had a few exciting things post to my account that let me breathe a bit easier about the StB promo, I'll only need to fight for the online shopping (not anything new for me!) Plus the miles from Metro for using my cash miles was a very welcome surprise
View attachment 548454

One more thing that happened on Monday that made me stop in my tracks and laugh right out loud causing the letter carrier to look at me like I had lost my mind. Remember me bragging that all of my orders arrived within days or even hours of being placed? I got a package from The Bay with socks for hubby that I ordered on Cyber Monday, I hadn't even noticed that they weren't with the undies that came!!! Those danged thing took over a month to get here from KITCHENER, only 20 minutes away 🤪
Yeah, Canada Post is struggling! They have stopped even trying to deliver packages in my area - they just send us a card to pick up at the PO 😂 I don’t blame them - this year I think people have been leaning heavily on internet ordering for...everything lol

View attachment 548454

I to am an introvert and love my alone time. DH, not so much. I retired a few years before him just so I could get some me time in before the 24/7 stuff. We are opposite to you in that DH has the basement, HUGE tv and an okay gym, I have the living room and a spare bedroom for my needs. It works well. He likes to watch CNN, I can only take news/politics for a few minutes.
DH is anything but an introvert, he would talk to a dirty sock on the table (no, I don't keep dirty socks on my table but you get my drift). He walks most days and talks to anyone he passes. He can tell you the story behind every neighbor, I don't even know their names. When we vacation I sit and read, he mingles. I remember one cruise where he went off for a bit and when he came back he, per usual, started to tell me about the people he met. He had met some woman from Florida and he was excited that she had invited us to come stay at her house for a while. I just had to shake my head. Good idea, lets go visit a complete stranger. Lol.
To wrap up, I like my solitude in the house, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm lucky with that. I see my children once or twice a week for short periods and that is enough. DH isn't glued to my side even though we are technically together all day. Another good thing.
Well, going to go off and get ready for that thing I have to do this morning. I'll report back this afternoon. Have a good day everyone!

I to am an introvert and love my alone time. DH, not so much. I retired a few years before him just so I could get some me time in before the 24/7 stuff. We are opposite to you in that DH has the basement, HUGE tv and an okay gym, I have the living room and a spare bedroom for my needs. It works well. He likes to watch CNN, I can only take news/politics for a few minutes.
DH is anything but an introvert, he would talk to a dirty sock on the table (no, I don't keep dirty socks on my table but you get my drift). He walks most days and talks to anyone he passes. He can tell you the story behind every neighbor, I don't even know their names. When we vacation I sit and read, he mingles. I remember one cruise where he went off for a bit and when he came back he, per usual, started to tell me about the people he met. He had met some woman from Florida and he was excited that she had invited us to come stay at her house for a while. I just had to shake my head. Good idea, lets go visit a complete stranger. Lol.
To wrap up, I like my solitude in the house, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm lucky with that. I see my children once or twice a week for short periods and that is enough. DH isn't glued to my side even though we are technically together all day. Another good thing.
Well, going to go off and get ready for that thing I have to do this morning. I'll report back this afternoon. Have a good day everyone!
Wow you sound like my wife and I. I coukd get along with your hubby...lol

I am both intro- and extrovert. I love alone time, but I also like to mingle and meet people and have a good time. I consider DH and hermit LOL When he hurt his back in May, he didn't leave the house for months. It was crazy. And now he's GLUED to the US politics, which I really don't care about, even if I should (I realize what happens in the US will definitely affect Canada in the future).

I literally dream of having my own apartment a la Carrie Bradshaw.

I was going to go and do this offer one more time but then I thought better of it. I was only going to go and get 5 of the items (100AM). While the drive would be good for the car I'm holding out hope for a "Blue Week" next flyer (we had a Blue Friday Jan 17, 2020).

Just a head's up - not sure if anyone's posted it or not, but as of January 31, Lowe's is no longer an Air Miles partner. I just got back from our local store, and there were signs up as well as the cashier who isn't too happy about it either.
Well that sucks. I go to Lowes for everything.....mainly because the staff are super helpful and knowledgeable...the AM are a bonus. I can get to 2 Home Depots and 2 Can Tires in 5-10 minutes but Lowes is a 25 minute drive. Going forward unless I genuinely need assistance with a purchase I probably will save the time/distance and go to a closer store.

Well that sucks. I go to Lowes for everything.....mainly because the staff are super helpful and knowledgeable...the AM are a bonus. I can get to 2 Home Depots and 2 Can Tires in 5-10 minutes but Lowes is a 25 minute drive. Going forward unless I genuinely need assistance with a purchase I probably will save the time/distance and go to a closer store.
Never went to lowes for the AM...as ypu say its a bonus. I go for the better selection. Better layout. I as well can walk to Cantire and HD. But 20 min drive to Lowes.

I’ve got multiple Canadian Tires (three actually) all within a 5-12 minute drive and 2 Home Depots within 5-10 min and find everything we need there. I live in an extremely convenient location close to everything. We can get to a Lowes via highway in 10 minutes, but never bother to, not even for AM.

Are Rona and Lowes not owned by the same company? I wonder if Rona is also leaving AM's. I have both stores within 5 minutes of me.
It's going to get a whole lot harder to get those STB type offers done and it was already getting hard.

I won't miss Lowe's. It's not close to me, and when I have gone there, I didn't find the people helpful (thankfully, another customer was). I prefer Canadian Tire.

From everything I can tell it looks like RONA is still going to be part of Airmiles. When you look at "Partners" on the Airmiles site there is a note on the Lowes listing that they are discontinuing their association with Airmiles. This notice is nowhere to be seen under the RONA listing. Here's hoping.

A bit of a rant here
sorry
You know that feeling you get when someone deliberately does something to mislead or lie to you?
Well on Dec 31 2020 Office of the President Loyalty program called me back and said
* contact this number* 1-844-896 3337,,,,I know ... I know you are all thinking why would she tell me to contact My Offers ,,and your right ,,the agent was dumfounded as to why they would tell me to call. To mislead a customer / collector "look in 1 hour I've solved all your issues is just wrong.!!!

Now she did say I could contact email *Missing Miles* only as a last resort.

So I just did my due diligence and sent an email,,, auto response that they will contact me in 7-10 days but I might want to check their fact page for answers.
Sorry folks this is starting to leave a very bad taste in my mouth.
When you as the collector / customer have a better understanding of the persons program / product , then the company is surely in trouble.

I'll end here before I say something I'll regret.

Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter