Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I picked up some GC this morning at Sobeys. In the past if I have a loaded threshold spend the GC purchase has triggered that as well. Not this time. I only received 100AM/GC even though I had loaded the threshold offer.

I know the threshold offer works because it was applied it to my shop and StB coupon use after I purchased the GC's.

I would be curious to know if anyone else tried to use the threshold spend and if it worked or not. I'm hoping it was just the store I shopped at.
The answer to that is ...sometimes. It seems like only certain card types trigger the spend threshold. I know that sounds weird but that’s what I’ve noticed. The cards that they have with the sports teams seem to work more consistently.

Rexall must be having a hard time. I haven't had a flyer from them in five years, I always had to look online to see it. This evening I see they have included one with my flyers. Surprising.....well maybe not. I think they may have lost a lot of business when they left AM's. Maybe they are reaching out a bit.

Rexall must be having a hard time. I haven't had a flyer from them in five years, I always had to look online to see it. This evening I see they have included one with my flyers. Surprising.....well maybe not. I think they may have lost a lot of business when they left AM's. Maybe they are reaching out a bit.
I actually still go to Rexall, not as much as i used to but maybe every 3 weeks or so? I only go on Tuesdays so i can get the Old Lady discount and stretch my $ further, take advantage of their big earning offers on Mon-Wed AND still get the items we fell in love with over the years. I find that when they have sales their prices are waaaay better than Shoppers ever are - keep in mind that i will rarely buy anything that's not on sale unless we suddenly need something like a cold medication . Their reward programme is only good for Rexall BUT i would say that since Mid-March I've probably redeemed close to $200.

I actually still go to Rexall, not as much as i used to but maybe every 3 weeks or so? I only go on Tuesdays so i can get the Old Lady discount and stretch my $ further, take advantage of their big earning offers on Mon-Wed AND still get the items we fell in love with over the years. I find that when they have sales their prices are waaaay better than Shoppers ever are - keep in mind that i will rarely buy anything that's not on sale unless we suddenly need something like a cold medication . Their reward programme is only good for Rexall BUT i would say that since Mid-March I've probably redeemed close to $200.

I still shop at Rexall occasionally too.

Hugs
Mel

I picked up some GC this morning at Sobeys. In the past if I have a loaded threshold spend the GC purchase has triggered that as well. Not this time. I only received 100AM/GC even though I had loaded the threshold offer.

I know the threshold offer works because it was applied it to my shop and StB coupon use after I purchased the GC's.

I would be curious to know if anyone else tried to use the threshold spend and if it worked or not. I'm hoping it was just the store I shopped at.

Sorry what do you mean by this? I have never bought the gift cards before: I was going to go in and buy 5 $150 gift cards today (5 separate purchases). That would net me 500 miles, correct?

Thanks!

I thought buying gift cards didn't work for the Shop the Block offer.

I have found that if I include a small purchase ($5.00) with the gift card purchase then that will trigger my threshold offer.

For those looking for their personalized threshold offers look here.
https://getmyoffers.ca/
Mine this week is spend $50 get 25 bonus airmiles.
airmiles_bg.png

BONUS MILES
Days Left
LTC_BB.jpg

Load
When you spend $50 or more in a single transaction
sobeys_2.png
foodland_2.png

Hugs
Mel

Sometimes my buying of gift cards triggers it but sometimes not.

Sorry what do you mean by this? I have never bought the gift cards before: I was going to go in and buy 5 $150 gift cards today (5 separate purchases). That would net me 500 miles, correct?

Thanks!

Yes you would get 500 bonus Airmiles and if you have a threshold offer in your https://getmyoffers.ca/ loaded to your card you *might* get those airmiles too.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Hugs Mel

Do I need some sort of coupon?

Hi Hon
No no coupons to print off but you do have to click on the button to load your offers before you shop.

You would first go onto your getmyoffers site and login and see what your offers are.
Everyone gets different offers usually according to their spending habits.

Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
No no coupons to print off but you do have to click on the button to load your offers before you shop.

You would first go onto your getmyoffers site and login and see what your offers are.
Everyone gets different offers usually according to their spending habits.

Hugs
Mel
thanks. I do do that, but i was asking about the $150 gift card offer. Its available to everyone, but when I looked at my email it mentioned showing a coupon.

Now why would they think I would be interested in buy more canned milk,,,,,
airmiles_bg.png

BONUS MILES
Days Left
493228.jpg

Load
When you buy 2
Carnation Evaporated Milk, 354mL.
sobeys_2.png
foodland_2.png

Terms & Conditions
:sad2: still waiting for over 16,000 Airmiles to post.......
That's the one problem I have with the Sobey's offers. They always immediately send you the same offers. And there is no way to 'save' them like with PC Optimum.

Anyone who has the AMEX platinum card, check your email. They are gifting the first 4,000 or so with a $20 ecode to Cineplex's online movie store. It took me multiple tries but the website finally loaded and emailed to $20 movie pin to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter