Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I went to Sobeys and got 4 GCs on DD’s account. I did them separately with no issue. Also did the STB purchase. 5X miles are shown on the receipt. I bought 10 Fibre 1 brownies and bars for the buy 5 get 100 AM. Love Fibre 1 and will donate some to school’s nutrition pantry. I am happy with my AM Hunt today. Also went to LCBO and got that STB done as well. A very productive day! :flower:

Dh and I went to Sobey‘s today and bought five $150 cards on each of our airmiles cards. The cashier said Airmiles had been a problem all day so if it didn’t show on the receipt she would send us to Customer Service to have the miles added manually. It didn’t work so off we went.

The customer service lady said she thinks that shoppers in their store today are all going to end up with double the miles because generally this gets adjusted on the airmiles end too. She said the manger told them to manually add them anyway. It would be nice to end up with 2000 airmiles instead of 1000 but I’ll be happy with the 1000. I love this promo. We took our gift cards over to Freshco and did our shopping there where it’s so much cheaper. :)

no bonus boom on my account. here’s hoping it’s as easy to fix as other missed promos have been lately.

edit: easily and quickly fixed through a chat!

Last edited:

Popping in to share with my family today's Facebook post. I so rarely post ANYTHING out there but I've been making semi-regular mask related posts because i feel so strongly about the need to cover up! Picture I'm sharing here is slightly different -- i cut out the sweatshirt on Facebook :P

How do we help stop the spread? THIS IS THE WAY!

Love the mask ..

I’m depressed I hit 10k airmiles today and well I don’t know what to do with them . Normally I’d quickly book something .. but sigh
We have may booked no flights yet our travel bank is out of Syracuse or Buffalo so maybe with the rapid testing at Pearson flights for May I should look at flights and Dave the JetBlue .. I don’t know .. sigh
Never has teaching an airmiles goal been drepressing before :(

Love the mask ..

I’m depressed I hit 10k airmiles today and well I don’t know what to do with them . Normally I’d quickly book something .. but sigh
We have may booked no flights yet our travel bank is out of Syracuse or Buffalo so maybe with the rapid testing at Pearson flights for May I should look at flights and Dave the JetBlue .. I don’t know .. sigh
Never has teaching an airmiles goal been drepressing before :(

i get what you mean. earning miles is way more fun when you have a goal, or when you can put it towards something specific.

try to think of it this way: when you are able to book, maybe you’ll have 20,000 and you’ll get to book something twice as good!

that’s sort of how i’ve been thinking. by the time i can use my miles, they’ll cover something amazing vs. something good (staying in a deluxe vs. moderate, a 7-day cruise vs. a 4-day cruise...)

i get what you mean. earning miles is way more fun when you have a goal, or when you can put it towards something specific.

try to think of it this way: when you are able to book, maybe you’ll have 20,000 and you’ll get to book something twice as good!

that’s sort of how i’ve been thinking. by the time i can use my miles, they’ll cover something amazing vs. something good (staying in a deluxe vs. moderate, a 7-day cruise vs. a 4-day cruise...)

Yep that's what I am doing ...so far I have enough for 2 nights 4/5 star resort club level,,,,
slowly getting to three nights.
Hugs
Mel

Yep that's what I am doing ...so far I have enough for 2 nights 4/5 star resort club level,,,,
slowly getting to three nights.
Hugs
Mel

i really appreciate how much positivity you bring to our group, Mel. i feel like you really help try to find the positives and support us when we have our down days (which i think lots of us have had at some point this year!).

thanks to you, and massive hugs right back :)

Just wanted to provide a head's up regarding buying Sobey's gift cards and converting them into Shell gift cards. I have done this countless times over the past 2 or 3 years. Both at Sobey's and Foodland. Sometimes a little at a time. Somtimes at Customer Services. Sometimes I've slipped cards in with my groceries. Sometimes all at Customer Service.

However, today at my Sobey's location (Whitby) the lady at Customer Service questioned my wanting to pay for Shell cards with Sobey's cards. She phoned someone (I assumed a Manager) who told her she could do it today but to tell me this has never been allowed. Frankly I'm not sure how they can say this has never been allowed when I have literally, ever single time Sobey's offers this promo, purchased a full 5 gift cards on my Air Miles and converted them to Shell gift cards. Then purchase another 5 gift cards on my hsuband's air miles to keep as grocery cards. In any case.. your mileage may vary!

Last edited:
Just wanted to provide a head's up regarding buying Sobey's gift cards and converting them into Shell gift cards. I have done this countless times over the past 2 or 3 years. Both at Sobey's and Foodland. Sometimes a little at a time. Somtimes at Customer Services. Sometimes I've slipped cards in with my groceries. Sometimes all at Customer Service.

However, today at my Sobey's location (Whitby) the lady at Customer Service questioned my wanting to pay for Shell cards with Sobey's cards. She phoned someone (I assumed a Manager) who told her she could do it today but to tell me this has never been allowed. Frankly I'm not sure how they can say this has never been allowed when I have literally, ever single time Sobey's offers this promo, purchased a full 5 gift cards on my Air Miles and converted them to Shell gift cards. Then purchase another 5 gift cards on my hsuband's air miles to keep as grocery cards. In any case.. your mileage may vary!
Was never allowed at my Sobeys - would have loved that!

Sobeys Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1386299
Sobeys Urban Fresh
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10092/1386306
Foodland Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1386303
Metro Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/13406/1386792** Buy a $10.00 Lotto Gift Pack get 10 bonus airmiles**
Limit of 10 bonus miles per transaction.
Dec 10 -Dec 16
Cashmere TP. regular $8.99 on sale for $3.99 buy 2 get 10 airmiles.
Buy $30 of Tim Horton's at home products get a $10.00 tim card.

**Trying to find a reason to go shopping here** lol

Happy safe shopping
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know if I bought some of the lottery gift packs at Metro if I could pay with an OLG gift card?
Yes as long as it's the OLG gift card that shows the scratcher emblem. I also think you would have to do that at the lotto booth and not the main cash as the gift card has to be scanned on the lotto machine. I would assume the AM's bonus would work as well but haven't had that experience yet.
I bought 10 giftpacks with my GC's a few weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter