Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For those that have ordered on line from Apple.......do you still get AM if ordering through the AMS portal but chose the in store pick up option? I'm probably going to get DH a new IPad for Christmas but I want to wait for the Black Friday (hopefully ) 20X AM. I don't trust that I'll get it in time if I have it shipped.

Is there any special multiplier offer going on right now? I discovered last night we are out of black printer ink and I need to order some for pick-up at Staples. Unfortunately STB is too far away. We need to have ink later today.
I am sure that you have probably ordered your ink already but I just went on the Staples website and they are having a friends and family event right now.
go to staples.ca and you will see the deal
15%off $40 spend with exclusions but I didn't see printer ink in there.

Last edited:
For those that have ordered on line from Apple.......do you still get AM if ordering through the AMS portal but chose the in store pick up option? I'm probably going to get DH a new IPad for Christmas but I want to wait for the Black Friday (hopefully ) 20X AM. I don't trust that I'll get it in time if I have it shipped.

Yes, you will still get the miles. I ordered an iPhone for my daughter in the spring and she picked it up in the store and I got the miles.

Anyone receive their 95AM Bonus for doing the October Bonus Boom? I'm thinking those should post before we get into Shop the Block season.

I have in the past but check the exclusions , was looking last week and looks like the latest version of products are excluded from Air miles . Not sure what IPad you are looking at as I was looking for an Apple Watch.

I have in the past but check the exclusions , was looking last week and looks like the latest version of products are excluded from Air miles . Not sure what IPad you are looking at as I was looking for an Apple Watch.
Ah darn. I am getting the new iPad Air for DH, was hoping for the airmiles. That sucks. Although it means I can just go out an buy it and not worry if it will arrive for Christmas. Or maybe get it from Staples....I wonder if that will work.

Actually hun, you'd be surprised. When you posted photos I immediately thought the same. I totally believe you could sell them. There IS a market for Disney themed bags/purses. In fact, there's a lady (by the name of Serendipi D) who takes requests; creates; and sells them on Facebook. She opens a waitlist 2 or 3 times a year. I could have sworn she was a DIS'er but when I tried searching for posts by her, I got nothing. She's been doing this for years. I ordered a custom made bag from her back in 2014. I don't recall what I paid (and can't find it in my e-mails) but it was $100+ US easily... Here's photos of the one she created for me.
I think I know who you are talking about. Is it @DMGeurts and her amazing bags!!!!! She has many trip reports and I have been reading her trip reports for a few years now.
@Donald - my hero you might be surprised at what people would spend money on!!! I would totally spend that on a bag that I would use just for a Disney Trip!!!! But then again, I could probably whip one up myself too....hmmmmmmmmmmmm...that might be something I can work on after my courses are done in Jan. That might help me get through the rest of our cold, icy, sucky Canadian winter this year...since we probaby won't be going anywhere warm.

hmmmm it's been over a month and no Shell AM. since they changed their system anyway. oh well. i scanned my card like the screen said to do

Email offer--have to opt in

Wait no longer, transform your living space.​
Now is the time to take advantage of this incredible offer.​

1. Activate your offer.​
2. Shop at Rona or Lowe's and spend $75 or more in a single transaction from November 12 to 25, 2020.​
3. This exclusive offer is valid for the AIR MILES Collector Number ending in​
4. To make sure you get Bonus Miles, show your AIR MILES Card at checkout or enter your AIR MILES Collector Number in the online shopping cart.​

Get 125 Airmiles
I might be able to combine with a STB offer ....maybe.
Hugs
Mel
Thank you, Mel, for posting this. I had inadvertently deleted my . Pulled it out of the trash bin and opted in. With a new house in the offing, I may actually need something from Rona.

LOL....he only uses it to watch Youtube videos and FB. So I'll be buying the cheapest, most basic version. I have looked at getting him a Samsung or Amazon tablet but if I wanted an IPad (or anything for that matter) I would be buying exactly what I wanted without even a thought. So I don't want to cheap out on him.

Ah darn. I am getting the new iPad Air for DH, was hoping for the airmiles. That sucks. Although it means I can just go out an buy it and not worry if it will arrive for Christmas. Or maybe get it from Staples....I wonder if that will work.
I'm glad you mentioned Staples....it might be possible to double dip on that one for StB. I might have forgotten about that.

I was on my facebook page this morning and there is a notice that Walmart is now part of the Airmilesshoppes website but there are lots of exclusions.
Details: Electronics, groceries, baby products and video games are excluded. Purchases from Pharmacy, Financial Services, Tires, Optical, Walmart Photo Centre, Gift Cards, Online Gift Cards, and items picked up in store are not eligible for Miles. So I guess it is just normal items ordered online for shipping to home that are eligible. Darn I thought I could earn miles purchasing my groceries and doing curbside pickup.

Post edited as I made a mistake
Global Pet is a BMO Partner
It's Jiffy Lube that isn't.,,,ok I will just maybe buy a Mastercard/Visa for that one.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Reminder to anyone doing the 3 week Shell promo. Yesterday was the beginning of week three. Don't forget to get some gas or do an instore purchase that will generate 1 AM.

Thanks for the reminder.
I am trying to wait till STB starts to see if I can get away with one purchase only.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter