Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Curious here. Did they actually post to your account and then them took them back? That is what seems to be happening to those on FB. Quite a shock when not expected.
Did AM's give you any hope when you called?

Hi Hon
Instead of the amount listed on my receipt posting to my account they are posting 50 bonus airmiles for every $20 spent on baking products.
So far they haven't taken the ones they posted back for me but definitely no where near the amounts that should be posting.
Airmiles phone call this morning took down a bunch of information and said they will get back to me next week after the Holiday.
Right now I am "well if they post great and if not I think it might be time for me to move along to another rewards program" .

Hugs
Mel

It would take an awful lot for me to walk away from AM. I've been a member since 92'. I have almost exclusively used the miles for WDW trips. I have not paid for park tickets in 13-14 years and have been there 2-3 times a year for the last 15 years. I absolutely agree that promos and bonuses are leaner over the last couple of years and the miles required for park tickets have gone up a lot.

Hi Hon
I can only speak for myself
Last week
Carnation can milk was part of the spend $20 on baking goods get 50 airmiles.
I went to get some chocolate chips/can milk and crisco shortening.
Well at my store it seems there was a buy one can of carnation milk get 50 bonus airmiles.
(I figured it was an instore offer,,or glitch) so I went through again with a case of milk (24 cans) and sure enough 1200 airmiles posted to my receipt.
So what's a girl to do?????
Yes I made a large donation to the food bank (actually used up 6 months worth of food donation funds). Now waiting on over 16,000 airmiles.

OMG. I remember reading those posts now. I'd be freaking over that. I hope you get your miles! A couple of years ago I spent over $300 on Bonne Maman jams for the miles. Used the miles to get a computer for my son and gave away jars of jam to friends & family at Christmas. I would have been furious if they tried to take away my miles after the fact.

It would take an awful lot for me to walk away from AM. I've been a member since 92'. I have almost exclusively used the miles for WDW trips. I have not paid for park tickets in 13-14 years and have been there 2-3 times a year for the last 15 years. I absolutely agree that promos and bonuses are leaner over the last couple of years and the miles required for park tickets have gone up a lot.
I feel the same as you. Been a collector since 1994 and have enjoyed many great trips and rewards over the years. I am not a fan of Superstore and DH works for London Drugs here in BC so we get a discount there so I never shop at Shoppers so really PC points is not an option for me.
Hopefully the value of AM doesn’t diminish too much. Reality is, all travel related stuff is likely going to increase in price (therefore more miles) due to Covid.
I have a 2 yearAir Canada credit good until May 2022 from our cancelled March flights to/from California. Hopefully that credit will come close to covering flights to California once we are ready to re-book. I am a bit concerned about the time limit as 6 months have already gone by where the credit is unusable and we don’t know how many more months the borders will remain closed for non-essential travel. Time is counting down on this credit.

To Mel and all others..thats crap...i would hold on to those receipts and fight for those points...another Marketplace special could be called on..power of the media..and yes call into marketplace today..tell them you went and donated to food banks because of this..dont let it slide...then dump AM..use the points up....
I have given up on chasing them. If i collect because im there or the gift cards that i need to spend for office lotto..thats it. I will use up my Am..and move on. PC points have been with from day 1 of the program. It has gotten loads better.

Anyone have issues opting in for the BMO Bonus Boom offer? The only one that it will allow me to opt in for is the MC Elite offer but that's not the card I have.

Anyone have issues opting in for the BMO Bonus Boom offer? The only one that it will allow me to opt in for is the MC Elite offer but that's not the card I have.
I had trouble opting in from my email before the promo began. Once it started, I opted in with my email and it worked for me. We have the black bmo card...Elite I think. It is dh card. I had tried to save it on my app and I couldn't find that coupon to save to my card, so I went back in my email, and opted in from that. I hope this helps you!

BMO Offer for me
42394_BMO_Smokey_IMG_arrow.png

Get​
300​
AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​
when you use Miles towards kitchen accessories, home electronics and more in the Dream Rewards catalogue by October 19, 2020.1​
I decided I needed a new set of cutlery
Lagostina® Modena 20-Piece Flatware Set
944 Dream Miles (Onyx)

Hugs
Mel

BMO Offer for me
42394_BMO_Smokey_IMG_arrow.png
Get​
300​
AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​
when you use Miles towards kitchen accessories, home electronics and more in the Dream Rewards catalogue by October 19, 2020.1​
944 Dream Miles (Onyx)

Hugs
Mel
I haven't had any of the get a dream reward, get airmiles offers. I did get a get 5X airmiles at my regular partners for a week. So that means Shell, Foodland, and LCBO will be visited this week. :D

I used to get those offers from BMO also. I just ignored most of them. Unless I was planning on some big purchase I never went out of my way to make one. 115AM just isn't worth it.

944 Dream Miles (Onyx)

Hugs
Mel
Oh thanks for posting this as I was looking for new cutlery and was going to hit Kitchen Stuff Plus (but don't really want to hit stores I haven't shopped at lately) so I am going to buy 2 sets of these. I was going to tell my family to buy me some for Christmas but now I will just treat myself to them courtesy of Air Miles. I thought of just buying 1 set to see if I liked them and then thought what if they don't have them by the time I get the first set and I am stuck with just 4 place settings when I really need 8.

I had trouble opting in from my email before the promo began. Once it started, I opted in with my email and it worked for me. We have the black bmo card...Elite I think. It is dh card. I had tried to save it on my app and I couldn't find that coupon to save to my card, so I went back in my email, and opted in from that. I hope this helps you!
I tried going through the email and that didn't work either. It still says I'm opted in for the Elite offer :confused3 I'm disappointed.....it was easy miles that I'm now probably not getting.

I had one of those BMO offers back in August: Spend $750 get 75 miles LOL

I ended up doing it as I needed home oil, groceries, gas, etc and I got the miles back in September.

I am still waiting on two "Add an offer from the App" offers and and a BMO cumulative spend offer for 330 miles. I think by end of November I should be caught up on owed miles. When is Mega Miles supposed to post? Soon I would think if they are doing STB this year.

I used to get those offers from BMO also. I just ignored most of them. Unless I was planning on some big purchase I never went out of my way to make one. 115AM just isn't worth it.
Same for me. I always opt in “just in case” I happen to make it. But I don’t go out of my way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter