Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did anyone else do the donate 500AM for a $50 food bank donation? It said they would email a tax receipt within 90 days. If you did this promo, did you receive the tax receipt?

Hi Hon
I did but haven't received any from Airmiles yet.
Hugs
Mel

Ughhhh...good news/bad news. I'm finally reopening my business! I spent far too long today in a meeting discussing how things would be running. Now....I'm in total stress mode. There are a poop ton of things that I need to get organized and purchased by Friday. I've been on it for the last 4.5 hours straight so now I'm sitting with a cup of tea and came to the Dis for a wee mental break....or perhaps break down :confused3 I've got papers strewn all over my dinning room table and my fingers have been flying on the keys searching for the items I need to stock. In some areas I need 10X what I was using before :scared1:. I've got to make schedules in a completely different way that right now I can't even see being feasible. Those schedules need to be emailed out every day....24hrs in advance. I can't bring in my own staff....nightmare! I have to get Covid tested every 14 days. I think my biggest issue right now is finding a face shield.

My phone has been pinging non stop for hours as word has gotten out. :badpc: All happy messages which I will say makes me feel good but I'm turning the phone off now.

So all that and I'm here with you.

Oh my gosh...It will be ok,,,sip that tea and add a touch of Baileys.
Hugs to you Hon!!

Hugs
Mel

This is my first post, but I have been reading along literally for years and feel like I kind of know the regulars, lol.

@dancin Disney style based on your previous posts I think we may live in neighbouring cities. I just wanted to share that on the weekend I saw face shields at the Burlington Costco. No sure if they are what you are looking for but it may be worth a phone call :)

Thank you all for sharing your weekly airmiles finds and strategies. Every week I come here first before I even look at the flyer!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
:welcome:
Hugs Mel

This is my first post, but I have been reading along literally for years and feel like I kind of know the regulars, lol.

@dancin Disney style based on your previous posts I think we may live in neighbouring cities. I just wanted to share that on the weekend I saw face shields at the Burlington Costco. No sure if they are what you are looking for but it may be worth a phone call :)

Thank you all for sharing your weekly airmiles finds and strategies. Every week I come here first before I even look at the flyer!
:welcome: I feel honoured that your first post is to help me out! Thanks! Yes, Burlington is my neighbour. I'm not an early bird but here I am at 5:45am. It was one of those nights that I just couldn't turn off the brain. I don't think I accomplished anything while it was all swirling in my head. However, I did manage to find some face shields from a company in Waterloo (I think) and placed my order...I think that was 5am-ish. Delivery is 3-10 days so I will attempt a run to Costco today and see if I can get one for now.

Oh my gosh...It will be ok,,,sip that tea and add a touch of Baileys.
Hugs to you Hon!!

Hugs
Mel
I've never put Bailey's in my tea....is it good? I know it's good in coffee but I never drink coffee. I debated cracking a bottle of wine with dinner last night but ultimately decided that I just didn't have the time to enjoy it.

Just read this on the FB page

AIR MILES MEGA MILES is be coming back in August. It’s going to be a national promotion and is set run ‪from August 13 to September 10‬, 2020. The ‘coming soon’ announcement on www.airmiles.ca/megamiles will officially be released today.
as soon as I see information I'll resurrect the mega miles thread!!

I was able to get to Safeway and snag some bags of chips for 20 miles. Now, I just have to wait for the family to eat them...instead of myself eating them :rotfl: sniffing out a bag of chips is my superpower ::yes:: lol.

I see that in this weeks flyer there is a good deal on granola bars. We don't eat those ones, but at that price and amount, I think I will go spend the 20.00 and then donate them to the food bank. I know they are struggling this year ( like most cities I'm guessing ) for donations. I will take it out of " allowance " I budget for " fun " money.

Original T & C:
Between August 13 and September 10, 2020, Collectors must make eligible purchases at: (i) 5 different participating AIR MILES® Partners using 5 or more different AIR MILES MEGA MILES® Bonus Offers (“Bonus Offers”) and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 1,000 Bonus Miles; or (ii) 3 different participating AIR MILES Partners using 3 or more different Bonus Offers and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 300 Bonus Miles. Criteria, offer periods and spend frequency may vary for each Bonus Offer. Please see the Terms and Conditions of each unique Bonus Offer for specific details. Bonus Offers are available at airmiles.ca/MegaMiles. Limit of one (1) MEGA MILES offer per Collector Number. Visit airmiles.ca/MegaMiles for full details. Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.

And Christmas shopping was mentioned??? here it is!

I didn't say anything when i made my purchases, nor did I mention it when the miles posted last night because i wanted to confirm before i shared my piece of advice for Amazon shopping. WELL, i had more miles post and I can now say, without question there is a way to double-dip your miles! Keep a running balance on a gift card in your profile and when it comes time to actually complete your transaction first use your credit card to reload your gift card with the amount you'll be spending (or in my case round it up to a full $20 mark to get the extra mile!!)
Here's how you do it on Amazon - go to your account page and click on Gift Cards
once you're on that page select Reload Your Balance and add however much you need to complete your transaction. It will take about 5 minutes for the transaction to complete and then you can just use the gift card to actually pay for your order.
Here's the difference between ADDING a gift card and reloading one, you can see that the reload is actually assigned an order number and apparently Airmiles doesn't know the difference!!

Here's how it ended up posting tonight, the 4 miles showed last night because the "order" of reloading my gift-card was completed, the 3 miles showed today because the item had shipped.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter