Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For anyone contemplating this offer at Sobeys
Make note the start date is June 26 (Friday) not Thursday.
Thanks for that. I was going to do my shopping tomorrow and I need to buy some pancake syrup. Maybe I will go on Friday instead of tomorrow but I did find a couple of weeks ago that Friday was more busier than my regular Thursday shop.
I do see alot of items that I needed - ie cokes are on sale and so is cream. Too bad the spend $200 get 125 miles for bonus boom ends today.

Time to start paying attention to emails/apps/signs in doors at grocery/drug stores! I noticed hiding at No Frills has starting charging for plastics bags again effective June 15th! No info within the big update in the app by Galen -- be careful now or you'll get charged when you aren't expecting it :(
On the flyer and this week's email there's this lil tid-bit hiding under the big deal earn points for buying their reusuable bags

New Post on the Airmiles Website
Airmiles We Love Canada Contest

maple-leaf%403x.png

True north strong and rewarding
Check out our selection of proudly
Canadian Merchandise Rewards.
You could win a Napoleon barbecue! Just use your Dream Miles to order any item from one of the Canadian brands featured below between June 23 and July 13, 2020.
Merchandise Rewards > Proudly Canadian

It looks like maybe we should post this over on the Canadian Buy thread?

Hugs
Mel

New Post on the Airmiles Website
Airmiles We Love Canada Contest

maple-leaf%403x.png

True north strong and rewarding
Check out our selection of proudly
Canadian Merchandise Rewards.
You could win a Napoleon barbecue! Just use your Dream Miles to order any item from one of the Canadian brands featured below between June 23 and July 13, 2020.
Merchandise Rewards > Proudly Canadian

It looks like maybe we should post this over on the Canadian Buy thread?

Hugs
Mel

Looked on airmiles.ca and couldn't find this anywhere.

Did anyone else get this deal? This is an easy one for me to do. I can do $140 at Foodland no problem.
1593117358154.png

I got a spend $40 through airmilesshops and get 40 AM. Which I am doubtful I will do since I never trust their portal.

My Sobeys early morning shop.

3 boxes of Granola bars
6 boxes of Pizza Pops
100 airmiles

spend $25.00 on cat products get
65 airmiles
I bought Arm & Hammer Kitty litter

Oakrun waffles buy 1 Pkg. get
10 airmiles

Activia Yogurt buy 2, 8 packs @ 3.99 each pkg get
10 airmiles

Good shop,a bit busier today.
100 airmiles had to be added on manually for the spend $25 get 100 bonus offer.
I wore my trusty mask & gloves.
There was definitely more meat selection than last week.
Last day of work,,,,summer break!!:dogdance:
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Anyone want to give a guess as to why my Mastercard posted like this? For those of you who use your MC at sponsor stores, is this how the miles post from shopping there?Normally I use the AMEX card -- but I know i used my Mastercard at Metro so i could get the last bonus boom, is that why it's posted as 2 separate lines? 🤷‍♀️

For the Bonus Boom offer for BMO, there are 2 offers to opt-in to, one for 75AM, the other for 125 AM. Should I assume that you can't opt in for both? I opted in for the 125 AM and have completed the necessary spend of $200. I don't see anything in the terms which says that you can't do both offers. Does anyone know? I don't want to try and opt in to the 75AM offer and screw up getting the 125AM.

Anyone want to give a guess as to why my Mastercard posted like this? For those of you who use your MC at sponsor stores, is this how the miles post from shopping there?Normally I use the AMEX card -- but I know i used my Mastercard at Metro so i could get the last bonus boom, is that why it's posted as 2 separate lines? 🤷‍♀️
View attachment 504765

With BMO MasterCard you get 2x bonus miles for shopping at sponsors which they post separately when the statement posts.

For the Bonus Boom offer for BMO, there are 2 offers to opt-in to, one for 75AM, the other for 125 AM. Should I assume that you can't opt in for both? I opted in for the 125 AM and have completed the necessary spend of $200. I don't see anything in the terms which says that you can't do both offers. Does anyone know? I don't want to try and opt in to the 75AM offer and screw up getting the 125AM.
It's 2 separate offers that can't be combined - based on the 2 different types of Mastercard
Basic card is the spend $150 get 75 miles
The Elite mastercard is spend $200 get 125 miles

Make sense now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter