Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just a tip for mask fogging. I totally forgot that my son used to smear shampoo on his hockey face shield to prevent fogging. Just did it to my glasses and will try it out later. Hopefully it works or else I will need to get contacts!

Did it work? I heard washing the glass lens with dish soap right before wearing them with a mask will help prevent fogging too. I haven’t tried it yet though.

I have contacts too but haven’t worn them since this all started. I just feel better protected with my glasses on.

Didn't one person in our group win a cruise with Virgin? I have heard that they have postponed sailings until mid October and am wondering how that will affect your sailing. I just rebooked our RCL sailings to next year. Sad about it but better safe than sorry.

I have two IP, a 6qt and 3qt. The 3qt is always on my counter because that's the size we use the most but the 6qt is in a cupboard. I really need to find new recipes for it. Any suggestions (no dairy and no beef please)?

I agree that the one from AM is expensive and like you, I would wait for a sale at Walmart or Canadian Tire. I think I saw one at Provigo (Loblaws) if you collect Optimum points. They often have sale where they offer points for kitchen stuff.

oh good point - maybe I’ll save my PC optimum points and redeem for a new IP one day when they are down to $60 like they usually are over Black Friday - Boxing Day!

oh good point - maybe I’ll save my PC optimum points and redeem for a new IP one day when they are down to $60 like they usually are over Black Friday - Boxing Day!
that's when I got mine at zehrs! Black Friday (which was also my birthday that year!), on crazy low sale AND no tax so it really was free. I bought an extra inner pot so that I can pull one out, plunk the other in and keep cooking. It's perfect for when I make yogurt because the entire pot will fit in the fridge till it sets up enough strain. Side note- just finished trialing the cultures so tonight my first yogurt will get started since January! I'm excited 🙃🤪

Didn't one person in our group win a cruise with Virgin? I have heard that they have postponed sailings until mid October and am wondering how that will affect your sailing. I just rebooked our RCL sailings to next year. Sad about it but better safe than sorry.
that was @Disney Addicted I believe. She's been rather quiet since the lockdown started.

Knock me over! I did an online airmileshop.ca shop for printer ink at Staples this morning. I figured what the heck 15X AM was probably the best I was going to get at Staples in a while. The AM posted to my account this afternoon.

I'm still waiting for the Airmileshops AM from another printer ink order I did in April (so I'll need to call about that one now) but this one worked out!:-)

Sometimes you just have to make your own backyard Drive-In!!
My brother set this up for my niece and her boyfriend.,,,he's a good brother and a great Dad!
I remember her as a wee one playing on that play structure...ah good times.
Hugs
Mel
oIcEXdV.jpg

Thanks to whoever mentioned the Prime Chicken on sale at Metro (Mel?) I never bother looking at the Metro ad because it just isn't a favourite store. BUT, I went, picked up 4 boxes of chicken and Tetley tea....2 larger boxes of green tea and a couple of tins of green ginger (which I've been looking for, but again, I think someone mentioned here that it was available at Metro-so thanks, again!) DD picked up some stuff for baking and in a snap my $50 on BMO MC was done. I haven't made any progress with AM in ages, so this felt pretty good!

You would have been spending $2000 to get the 200AM. I'm only getting groceries and the odd thing for the garden. Don't get close to make it to $2000 each month (but then again there's only 3 of us one doesn't eat much).

Every little bit helps!

You would have been spending $2000 to get the 200AM. I'm only getting groceries and the odd thing for the garden. Don't get close to make it to $2000 each month (but then again there's only 3 of us one doesn't eat much).

Every little bit helps!
I have car and house insurance for monthly payments. Cogeco and satellite bills. Two cell phone bills. Anything that can be paid automatically by MC is. then we have the everyday purchases where again,if they take MC we use it. Even if it’s a simple dollar item, It all adds up. For us 200 is easily obtainable.

I'll have a huge bad AM hit from my MC this statement. We did the Lift and Shift for our B2B cruise with Royal, moving it to Oct. 2021, and the cost of our purchases (drinks, dining, shore excursions) will all be returned to our CC. That's about $2000 so MC is going to want to get that back. We might even be in the hole this time. :sad:

@tinkerone Nothing like stick a dagger in your heart! Not only is your cruise cancelled but they are taking away your miles! So sad.

We are in the process of getting quotes for a new deck and new doors (patio, steel entry and storm) and I can't wait to put them all on my mastercard! LOL So far Kent is the cheapest (and 2x the miles), but you know the old story of don't go with the cheapest or most expensive...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter