Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'll have a huge bad AM hit from my MC this statement. We did the Lift and Shift for our B2B cruise with Royal, moving it to Oct. 2021, and the cost of our purchases (drinks, dining, shore excursions) will all be returned to our CC. That's about $2000 so MC is going to want to get that back. We might even be in the hole this time. :sad:

Ugh. I totally forgot I was going to take a hit on my AM when I cancel our hotels booked for August. I can't remember if I put our pre-paid dining (Hoop-de-doo, CRT) on the AM MC or the PC MC. Sigh. Either way I'll be out points of some sort.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the promotion back in March for using Airmilesshops
I'm hoping for the same thing! My record keeping has been pathetic lately :(

I'm usually better than this at keeping copies of everything so i can share when needed, sorry gang.

***ETA is THIS the promo you're talking about
MIX AND MATCH if so my miles posted looking like this

Feb 25 - March 17th
2 transactions of $75 get 50 miles
2 transactions of $75 get 150 miles

Last edited:
Follow up to my post above -- I'm hoping that someone else has the terms for the 2 most recent online offers NOT the one from last weekend, there were 2 I believe you had to spend over $100?? I know i did BOTH but didn't keep the info regarding them and when you click on the link it's now shows the current offer, not the previous ones :(

One was active on March 25th when i needed to buy my new surface from Staples and my post from that day shows it was going to earn me an extra 50 miles

Then there was some other promo that took place in late April because hubby needed to buy a desk for his co-op student so she can work from home. I ordered it from Staples because i knew that would give me another 50 miles (that one is frustrating because I didn't get the miles for ordering thru the portal only the ones from Staples directly so I'll really need to chase it down and it's hard without the details :( )

Not sure if this is the offer you were thinking of. It was an email for ONYX Collectors.

EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR ONYX® COLLECTORS​
Spend 40 Dollars, Get 40 Bonus Miles

Shop at our 200+ online stores through airmilesshops.ca and get 40 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you spend a total of $40 before April 30, 2020.* Exclusions apply.​
Airmilesshops.ca
ICON
Miles above the ordinary​
Onyx brings you our very best, from merchandise for up to 20% fewer Miles1 to priority customer service and our Personal Shopper Service.2

Learn more:
airmiles.ca/onyx
ICON
Keep your Card
handy​
Get the AIR MILES App3 to use as your digital Card, browse Rewards and get nearby offers.

Download:​
Google PlayApp Store
ICON
Get Miles
online​
Did you know that you can get Miles through airmilesshops.ca at 200+ online stores, such as Amazon, Hudson’s Bay, Indigo and more?

Shop now:
airmilesshops.ca
Terms and Conditions
* This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer and is only available to the recipient of this offer invitation. Offer valid until April 30, 2020. Get 40 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you spend $40 or more, excluding shipping, duties and taxes, in a single transaction, through airmilesshops.ca at participating online stores. Limit one (1) Bonus Offer per Collector Number. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Bonus Miles. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. This offer does not apply to purchases or sign-ups made at the following online stores: eHarmony, Wealthsimple, Weightwatchers and any online travel stores (including, but not limited to, travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays). All other online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.
1 Quantities may be limited. Merchandise discounts cannot be combined with any other offers such as Deals of the Week. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer merchandise at an equivalent or greater discount to all Collectors.
2 For full Personal Shopper Service details and exclusions, please visit airmiles.ca/PersonalShopper.
3 The AIR MILES App is available for iPhone®†, iPad®† and Android®‡ devices only. Visit the iTunes®† App store or Google Play®‡. The AIR MILES App is free to download. Additional carrier data fees may apply. Check with your wireless service provider to determine applicable fees.
®† iTunes, iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Inc. is not a sponsor or participant of the AIR MILES App.
®‡ Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.​

Then there was some other promo that took place in late April because hubby needed to buy a desk for his co-op student so she can work from home. I ordered it from Staples because i knew that would give me another 50 miles (that one is frustrating because I didn't get the miles for ordering thru the portal only the ones from Staples directly so I'll really need to chase it down and it's hard without the details :( )
This may be the April one because I took a screen capture of it. I spent $100 at the Source and my miles never showed up so I will have to fight for it but this time I took screen prints of everything on that shop.

This may be the April one because I took a screen capture of it. I spent $100 at the Source and my miles never showed up so I will have to fight for it but this time I took screen prints of everything on that shop.
View attachment 497403

THIS is what i needed! I hope we're both successful when we need to chase it down -- I'm going to go by the 75 day mark for bonus miles from online shopping which for me will be July 12th 🤦‍♀️

Not sure if this is the offer you were thinking of. It was an email for ONYX Collectors.

EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR ONYX® COLLECTORS​

Spend 40 Dollars, Get 40 Bonus Miles

Shop at our 200+ online stores through airmilesshops.ca and get 40 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you spend a total of $40 before April 30, 2020.* Exclusions apply.​
Airmilesshops.ca

ICON
Miles above the ordinary​
Onyx brings you our very best, from merchandise for up to 20% fewer Miles1 to priority customer service and our Personal Shopper Service.2

Learn more:
airmiles.ca/onyx
ICON
Keep your Card
handy​
Get the AIR MILES App3 to use as your digital Card, browse Rewards and get nearby offers.

Download:​
Google PlayApp Store
ICON
Get Miles
online​
Did you know that you can get Miles through airmilesshops.ca at 200+ online stores, such as Amazon, Hudson’s Bay, Indigo and more?

Shop now:
airmilesshops.ca

Terms and Conditions
* This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer and is only available to the recipient of this offer invitation. Offer valid until April 30, 2020. Get 40 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you spend $40 or more, excluding shipping, duties and taxes, in a single transaction, through airmilesshops.ca at participating online stores. Limit one (1) Bonus Offer per Collector Number. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Bonus Miles. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. This offer does not apply to purchases or sign-ups made at the following online stores: eHarmony, Wealthsimple, Weightwatchers and any online travel stores (including, but not limited to, travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays). All other online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.
1 Quantities may be limited. Merchandise discounts cannot be combined with any other offers such as Deals of the Week. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer merchandise at an equivalent or greater discount to all Collectors.
2 For full Personal Shopper Service details and exclusions, please visit airmiles.ca/PersonalShopper.
3 The AIR MILES App is available for iPhone®†, iPad®† and Android®‡ devices only. Visit the iTunes®† App store or Google Play®‡. The AIR MILES App is free to download. Addional carrier data fees may apply. Check with your wireless service provider to determine applicable fees.
®† iTunes, iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Inc. is not a sponsor or participant of the AIR MILES App.
®‡ Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.​

Huh, i don't know if i even saw this one! I'll look thru my emails because it states that it is non-transferable --fingers crossed it is in mine because that will mean the desk earned me 90 extra miles when combined with the other offer that was on the website!

My Metro targeted spend this morning was spend $100 get 100 AM.
Good, quick, and a quiet shop.
In and out in 20 minutes.
I've started making a paper list with everything in sections.(Produce,Bakery,meats,dairy,condiments,paper products etc.).
Keeps me focused and I don't overspend.

Earn100 AIR MILES ® Bonus Miles when you spend$100 or more*
Used on: 28/05/2020
Details
Earn 7 AIR MILES ® Bonus Miles when you spend$5 or more on fresh fruits or vegetables
Details
Earn3 AIR MILES ® Bonus Miles when you buyfresh bananas
Details

Hugs
Mel

I've started making a paper list with everything in sections.(Produce,Bakery,meats,dairy,condiments,paper products etc.).

Earn100 AIR MILES ® Bonus Miles when you spend$100 or more*
Details
Earn 7 AIR MILES ® Bonus Miles when you spend$5 or more on fresh fruits or vegetables
Details
Earn3 AIR MILES ® Bonus Miles when you buyfresh bananas
Details

Hugs
Mel

paper lists are the best these days.

a few months back, if i forgot something i needed, it was no big deal to pop back to the store. we’re still shopping once/week, so now that forgotten thing waits at least a week, usually longer since we’re rotating stores (week 1: costco, week 2: superstore, week 3: shoppers, week 4: sobeys).

so i have running lists on my phone for every store, and before each stop we sit down and make a master paper list.

so so different than how things used to be...

I do this at Sobeys as well. I just don't like that you shop the frozen food near the beginning of your shop. I may get everything on my list then run back to the frozen section (using the correct arrows path) and pick up my ice cream snacks at the end. I am craving Chapmans tiger paws (which to me are just the old Jets from my childhood - orange sherbet on a stick covered in chocolate - yummo).
Sadly it doesn't always stop my from overspending because I see things on shelves and go oh yea I should buy that but at least I have my shop in order of the store.

I use the Flipp app. it categorizes each item on your list. I never used to be that vigilant about using the list function but now I put every single item on there...even the price matches. It makes shopping a lot more efficient. I used to have a partial paper list, then grab extra things that I saw as I walked through the store and use the app for my price matches. I like my new method better, I will check the list and mark things off before I leave that department. Shopping still takes way too long now though.

My Metro offer is spend $140 get 140 Airmiles. Which, to be honest, is probably what I've been spending the past months. But I was hoping to keep this week lower so not sure what I'll do. Sobeys is spend $50 get 25 Airmiles which is better than has been the past few weeks with them. I'll have to think about, was planning to shop tomorrow any way, I have meetings too often today. And it's so hot.

I finally loaded the Metro app last week. I don't usually shop Metro, but spent $89 and change. Soooo my offer is spend 90 get 90. Sobeys is spend 100, get 35. Interesting that my offers for Sobeys are what I bought at Metro last week. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!