Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just took a quick peek...there are a few offers I can get. I won't get to Safeway until lunch time so hopefully a few things I want are still there. Finally a few offers on a Blue Friday that we will use.

Now I have to go to Safeway over my lunch today to pick up some of the pancake/oatmeal deal...I don't want to miss out on that one.

Just did up my list for Blue Friday $136 spent should net 632AM. Not one of my best but I am trying to not get things I already have in the pantry. I'll take it. Now I just need to figure out another 300AM to make ONYX for the year.
That's awesome, to be so close. I'm only half way there, so fingers crossed for a good Mega Miles event this year.

Last edited:

This question is for those who have recently booked airfare with miles on Air Canada.

I have a link to a page on Aircanada.com that would let me book our seats online, even though we used an outside agent. When I enter in the AC code, our flight comes up. I go to click "Select Seats", and I get an error code telling me to call. ugh I really don't want to call and be on hold for hours. I believe AC updated their reservation system so maybe that is why the link doesn't work? I've tweeted, DM'd, FB'd msg them about this with no answer.

Does anyone have any solutions to skirting around this?

Off topic, but does anyone use YETI mugs? I'm thinking about buying some for our trip to Bahamas this summer. We will be mostly drinking beer (bought offsite from Atlantis, of course) and I need something to keep them super duper cold. Looking at the Rambler series 20oz

View attachment 476571
I’m in Mexico right now :yay: and I was surprised I haven’t seen one bubba or yeti. I have seen one tervis though, only one. Last time we were away everyone had cups.

Well, normally if I'm going to an all-inclusive resort I don't bother. This time, it's Atlantis (NOT AI), so we will be bringing our drinks with us to the beach/pool for the day.

How's the weather? Which part of Mexico and resort?

This question is for those who have recently booked airfare with miles on Air Canada.

I have a link to a page on Aircanada.com that would let me book our seats online, even though we used an outside agent. When I enter in the AC code, our flight comes up. I go to click "Select Seats", and I get an error code telling me to call. ugh I really don't want to call and be on hold for hours. I believe AC updated their reservation system so maybe that is why the link doesn't work? I've tweeted, DM'd, FB'd msg them about this with no answer.

Does anyone have any solutions to skirting around this?

I had to call for my flights last August, it never worked properly. The link appears to be dead.

Just did my Blue Friday list. IF I stick to the list, I'll spend approx. $242 and earn 830 air miles. I'll get 10 boxes of the cereal, and that'll go right into the food bank bin. We'll also stock up on the Charmin and Bounty (6 of each). We leave for a cruise (not Disney) next week, so the majority of what I'm getting will be food & snacks for DD to have while she's critter sitting while we're gone.

ETA - I've got $200 in Sobey's / Safeway gift cards from the Round Up contest to use, so this Blue Friday will be 'fairly' painless!

Well, normally if I'm going to an all-inclusive resort I don't bother. This time, it's Atlantis (NOT AI), so we will be bringing our drinks with us to the beach/pool for the day.

How's the weather? Which part of Mexico and resort?
Dreams Riviera Cancun. As for weather, no snow and lots of sun 8-). Heaven!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that. I have copied it to my desktop for easy reference when needed.

Just read an email that was delivered at 8:57pm, last night, that it's time to start planning my fastpasses. My window opened up at 7:00am yesterday. I was planned, revised and finalized long before the email. Good thing I don't rely on Disney telling me what I need to do.

Last edited:
So on this snowy Wednesday night I thought I would share a Mickey Plaque that I bought last fall in St Jacobs Ontario. This is for all the Disney lovers out there. I live by some of these sayings sometimes.

View attachment 477080
20181130_173750.jpg

The only wall of our house big enough for it was our stairs going up to bedroom. So get to see it when we first wake up and last when we go to bed.

Ordered the 2 MNSSHP tickets through personal shopper . We will see how long it takes for them to go through . I can’t remember if it was email or mail ?
I’m not thrilled with foodland a blue Friday. I wish we had a sobeys. I may grab a few things but the 75 air miles for a $125 purchase isn’t that exciting to me.
I have a question . I have a split stay both show up in my MDE But when I did dining res only the firststay dates were available but that’s ok because that’s when we needed them but now am paranoid if will mess up fastpasses?? Should I call ?
Have been spending more time money into the PC optimum . I already have $70 and have put very little thought into it . Saddens me because I love my airmiles

Got a quote for SeaWorld already! Super quick. Now to decide what to do.
I'm sure you probably know but Seaworld has a Canadian ticket offer of $79 USD for one day ticket or $99 USD for two day ticket. They're good at any of Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica and the water parks. It can be hard to navigate to on their website but if you Google "Canadian Seaworld Deal it pops right up.

Figured it would give you a better comparison of whether you're getting good use of your Air Miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts