Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hello lovelies. So I’m still new at AM and looking for expertise.
we do t have credit cardso i love you our AM card. Currently we have enough for at least one 1 day 2 park universal ticket (2500) AM.
wondering if that is an all year deal as we aren’t going till October/ November.
Also what is best way to maximize to get enough for one more ticket? Boys are 11&13 when we go but they are considered “adults” -yeah come stay at my house this is NOT the case! lol
Anyways any tips would be great.
as always TIA
Kat

Kat
Remember that the Universal 1 day park to park is only good for
The 2-Park 1-Day Park-to-Park Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to BOTH Universal Studios Florida™ AND Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ theme parks on any one (1) calendar day.

*******Valid for 9 months from time of purchase.******

I recently got stuck with one due to a cancelled trip,,,I was able to sell it though.
Hugs
Mel

Kiddo is home "sick" and I'm debating heading to Sobeys to buy bacon, buy 4 get 50 AM. It costs more than I could get it for (probably an extra $4) but we sure do love bacon :) Then I'm looking at the pancake/syrup mix for next week. Since it'll be shrove Tuesday, normally he gets pancakes at school that day but the board will be on strike that day so it's cancelled. I'd prefer waffles myself and I think the mix works in the waffle maker.

The flights I'm looking at on Airmiles for my December cruise are (of course) not available at the "regular" cost, everything is twice as many airmiles! Even the possible cruise in May, the flights are messed up, all of them costing a lot more airmiles, and as soon as I select the flight home it tells me they aren't available, but I can book them as one ways, which costs even more airmiles! It was really weird yesterday I checked the costs at work and the airmiles cost was about 200 less than when I got home and checked here. Same account, a few hours apart. This is starting to be annoying. I guess I could use them for hotels or towards the cruise I'd like to book for May. Which I shouldn't do because I'm supposed to be saving money. But winter is so long and cold and snowy! I need about 150 more airmiles to have $400 worth on redtag, so that could be some bacon, pancakes and oatmeal. And maybe some Tostitos at Metro as well :)

Kiddo is home "sick" and I'm debating heading to Sobeys to buy bacon, buy 4 get 50 AM. It costs more than I could get it for (probably an extra $4) but we sure do love bacon :) Then I'm looking at the pancake/syrup mix for next week. Since it'll be shrove Tuesday, normally he gets pancakes at school that day but the board will be on strike that day so it's cancelled. I'd prefer waffles myself and I think the mix works in the waffle maker.

The flights I'm looking at on Airmiles for my December cruise are (of course) not available at the "regular" cost, everything is twice as many airmiles! Even the possible cruise in May, the flights are messed up, all of them costing a lot more airmiles, and as soon as I select the flight home it tells me they aren't available, but I can book them as one ways, which costs even more airmiles! It was really weird yesterday I checked the costs at work and the airmiles cost was about 200 less than when I got home and checked here. Same account, a few hours apart. This is starting to be annoying. I guess I could use them for hotels or towards the cruise I'd like to book for May. Which I shouldn't do because I'm supposed to be saving money. But winter is so long and cold and snowy! I need about 150 more airmiles to have $400 worth on redtag, so that could be some bacon, pancakes and oatmeal. And maybe some Tostitos at Metro as well :)
couple of things. remember even though it has airmiles attached to it, doesnt make it a good deal. If the bacon is more than the return in AM, then I would pass on it. For the pancake mix, yes all of them can make waffles in the maker, they should have the ratio on the package. Enjoy. We make extra waffles and freeze them, dont need to buy eggos anymore.

I will also be picking up at least a few of the pancake mix, and oatmeal for us this week. I'm contemplating picking up some of the soups for lunches here at work...since winter seems to NOT go away quite yet...and soup just tastes good on a cold day...so that will be a few more miles that are an easy one for me collect on. Slowly but steady wins the race :flower:

Edited
I'm not going to pick up the soups. Just double checked the flyer. Not that good of a deal for me...and to have to purchase 10. But I am going to stop and pick up 2 25.00 sephora gift cards. Either I will use them for myself, or give them to the dd for part of her birthday gift.

Last edited:
I will also be picking up at least a few of the pancake mix, and oatmeal for us this week. I'm contemplating picking up some of the soups for lunches here at work...since winter seems to NOT go away quite yet...and soup just tastes good on a cold day...so that will be a few more miles that are an easy one for me collect on. Slowly but steady wins the race :flower:

Edited
I'm not going to pick up the soups. Just double checked the flyer. Not that good of a deal for me...and to have to purchase 10. But I am going to stop and pick up 2 25.00 sephora gift cards. Either I will use them for myself, or give them to the dd for part of her birthday gift.

I was going to pick up the pancake mix but RCSS has it for $1.88 for PC Optimum members. Too lazy to do the math, but I’m thinking for me, cheaper is better?

I must be blind, but is there a Sephora gift card offer, I only see iTunes gift cards in the Sobeys flyer.

We're planning a WDW trip in October/November for my DD's 30th birthday. Ideally, we're going to catch the end of Halloween and the beginning of the Christmas decorations. We've been ever so patiently (not) waiting for Disney to release tickets for the MNSSHP, and since we're both onyx, we're planning on using the air miles personal shopper to get us tickets for the party. Dates and tickets still aren't released on the WDW website, but there's some UK ticket company selling MNSSHP tickets, and the Disney UK site says to call to buy tickets. What the heck?

It is on the back page of the current one that ends today. There is 25 Am for 25.00 gift cards to sephora, roots, wayspa, and kobo gift cards.
Thanks! Usually I just search “gift cards” on the flipp app beginning of the new flyer week, but guess I forgot to do it last week!

It is on the back page of the current one that ends today. There is 25 Am for 25.00 gift cards to sephora, roots, wayspa, and kobo gift cards.

Thanks for the information...I missed the gift cards in the flyer...off to Sobeys after work today to get some Kobo gift cards!!!!!

I'm just getting ready to update the flyer links in the first post and that means changing the title of the thread and I realized i never acknowledged the current one! How cool is that for this week we've had the title include "page 1200" AND that the first post on that page was made by @bababear_50 , Mel made the first response this thread had almost 5 years ago!

True, i need to get out of the house more :P

So today I went to Rexall to use my $10 coupon to buy my Russell Stover Easter Chocolate. I remembered that I had a Kelloggs visa gift card that was earned by buying 2 cereals and it expires in April. I thought ok I will spend $15 and just pay anything over that price and it would be basically free. Well my chocolates were actually on sale for 9.99 so I didn't need to buy the other items but I thought of that later so I got my total to $15.05. The cashier scanned the visa gift card and it was declined. If I didn't have a line behind me and somewhere else to be I would have had him remove the other items and just buy the chocolates so I paid 5.00 out of pocket and got my chocolates, a hand warmer and a $1.00 scratch ticket. I came home and checked and my gift card is valid so no idea why it was declined. I still have until April to use it so I will try again. But after all of that I did get my Easter Chocolates.

So today I went to Rexall to use my $10 coupon to buy my Russell Stover Easter Chocolate. I remembered that I had a Kelloggs visa gift card that was earned by buying 2 cereals and it expires in April. I thought ok I will spend $15 and just pay anything over that price and it would be basically free. Well my chocolates were actually on sale for 9.99 so I didn't need to buy the other items but I thought of that later so I got my total to $15.05. The cashier scanned the visa gift card and it was declined. If I didn't have a line behind me and somewhere else to be I would have had him remove the other items and just buy the chocolates so I paid 5.00 out of pocket and got my chocolates, a hand warmer and a $1.00 scratch ticket. I came home and checked and my gift card is valid so no idea why it was declined. I still have until April to use it so I will try again. But after all of that I did get my Easter Chocolates.
I don't have any of those coupons left BUT it does very clearly state that it can't be use with ANYTHING else, including manufacturers coupons and/or gift cards. The restrictions on their use are crazy long and that's why some of us will pull the "how close can i get" game when we use them.

I don't have any of those coupons left BUT it does very clearly state that it can't be use with ANYTHING else, including manufacturers coupons and/or gift cards. The restrictions on their use are crazy long and that's why some of us will pull the "how close can i get" game when we use them.
Oh maybe that is what happened. Oh well I wish I had read that first and then knew that the chocolates were actually on sale. Oh well my chocolates were still free anyway. I would have had to pay the $1.29 tax so not that much more. I really thought that a Visa gift card was still considered a Visa purchase not a gift card. Oh and my $1.00 was a loser.

not at all about Air Miles, but...my boarding group was just called for Rise of the Resistance!!

I had to get it out because I might not be a big deal in the resistance, but the resistance is a big deal to me!
OMG I'm so glad to see this! I've been fretting about you actually getting to ride since they only issued 46 boarding groups today and the rest were back-ups! I had my fingers crossed that this wasn't a day you were going to be on Batuu, Ignite the spark and May the Force be With You !!!

so I received an email today that I am hold status. Did not even know that was a thing.
then opened my sobeys offers and see 35 AM with $115 spent?!? Really. 🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter