Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I went to 4 Rexalls. Only one had one pair of slippers in the size that I wanted to buy. I wanted to buy 3 as Christmas gifts. Oh well, got 4 KIT lip masks instead. Plus candy canes and Rexall soap. I got some chocolates to treat myself. Used STB coupon and $5 survey coupon. They all stacked. It’s my first time visiting this Rexall. Never knew its existence. After scanning the two coupons, the cashier asked, “any more coupons or is that all?” Something like that. I wonder if I can try to stack more coupons at this store in the future. This one is closer to where my mom lives. It’s quite big and carries M&M meat products too.
:love:

I ordered something from them on black friday too and I still don't have it. Is there anything we can do to find out what's going on? It was supposed to be here by Dec 10.

Meanwhile, I ordered lash growth serum from Silly George in the US a week ago and I will likely get it Monday...

I sent an email and they re-sent the first order which was supposed to arrive yesterday but is still in transit.

I also sent an email for my second order that is missing and received a reply that the loss was "regrettable but rare" and to let them know how I wanted to proceed. I answered that email but have yet to get a response.

There is a live chat as well.

I am having an issue with Canada Post on another item not from Indigo. Left Toronto on December 3 heading for Creighton, Sk. Went to Winnipeg and then Regina, SK and then to Brandon, Manitoba and now back in Winnipeg. Geez.

All of my lost parcels have been heading for Creighton, Sk. Not sure what the issue is.

Last edited:

Has anyone bought any Netflix gift cards at Shell lately? I braved the nasty weather yesterday to get out and finish all my Xmas shopping/errands. I stopped in at Shell to buy the cards for my DD and the clerk processed and charged me for 2 of them before she realized that they did not activate. At this point she called someone else over to refund my Amex which they couldn't do. In the end I got cash back while they tried to figure things out. Now I have no Netflix cards and don't want to try it again if the same thing is going to happen.....the last time I had an issue there buying a gift card they made me take a different card because they said it was impossible to give a refund.

Aside from that I had a great morning yesterday....I'm NOT at all a morning person however I hauled my butt out of the house at 7:45 and got most of my stuff accomplished including 2 Rexall shops. One of them was to complete StB on my card and it included the little gifts that I give to a few of my coworkers. Guess what....everyone's getting R&R candy this year and I got lots of AM.

I did the Rexall shop yesterday. Tried 2 different stores and neither of them had the slippers so I bought what I thought was $30 worth of applicable products but we noticed after I got my receipt I didn't get my bonus 100 miles. We realized that the 1 item wasn't applicable so the cashier said to go find another item and he would refund my bill and redo it with the new item. He was so nice and helpful. For the 2nd try he put through all of what we figured we applicable items and it worked. As other people have said I got the air miles from both purchases so I earned an extra 22 miles because of my mixup.
Boy those slippers are in great demand. The first store had lots of men's small slippers and the second store had 1 ladies small but I needed different sizes. The first store had some lovely shortbread cookies my sister wanted but we didn't buy them there and of course the second store was sold out of them so no cookies for her.

Has anyone bought any Netflix gift cards at Shell lately? I braved the nasty weather yesterday to get out and finish all my Xmas shopping/errands. I stopped in at Shell to buy the cards for my DD and the clerk processed and charged me for 2 of them before she realized that they did not activate. At this point she called someone else over to refund my Amex which they couldn't do. In the end I got cash back while they tried to figure things out. Now I have no Netflix cards and don't want to try it again if the same thing is going to happen.....the last time I had an issue there buying a gift card they made me take a different card because they said it was impossible to give a refund.

Aside from that I had a great morning yesterday....I'm NOT at all a morning person however I hauled my butt out of the house at 7:45 and got most of my stuff accomplished including 2 Rexall shops. One of them was to complete StB on my card and it included the little gifts that I give to a few of my coworkers. Guess what....everyone's getting R&R candy this year and I got lots of AM.
So I think that Shell has issues. I have bought lots of GCs from our shell store and no issues. As I reported at the start of STB, I picked up a shell GC from Sobeys, went to Shell, picked up a LCBO GC and went right to the LCBO. No issues and all within 10mins of each.
Try another Shell

I went back to Rexall yesterday, the one closer to home rather than work. I got my parents some "rexall" branded stuff for Christmas and a few other things for me. I like this store better than the one near work, they scanned the StB coupon without me even having to pull it up on my phone, had one right there. Slowly I am working on building my AM stash back up. I am really sad because the pay in full date for my March cruise that I had to cancel is coming up and I'm super sad we can't go. Trying to focus on the one I have booked for next December, less than a year to go! But it snowed over night, apparently we lost power for a bit, and now it looks like winter. Which I'm sure a lot of people like but I am not one of them. Any way. Time to get those AM back up so I can book a new trip! Fingers crossed we'll get away this winter. Though I just realized kiddo's passport has expired. So I'll need to get that taken care of too. Actually, that will be easier at the end of January, I am changing jobs and going back to my old building which is right near a service Canada office, so I should be able to go at lunch one day.

I texted my son that moved away with a *do you want some snack/treats * from Rexall?
Reply: Yes please anything!
Nosh & Co sea salt chips/Jar of candied nuts/Chocolate Dip Granola bars/Cookies/Trail mix x2 ,and a nice warm pair of Rose & Robin slippers xl size fits him.
He texted back after I dropped everything off *Your the best mom*.......
I am currently on a very restrictive diet ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am waiting for Jan 2020 surgeon appointment,, to book having my Gallbladder removed so I am living vicariously through him.
But I got my Airmiles!!!!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I texted my son that moved away with a *do you want some snack/treats * from Rexall?
Reply: Yes please anything!
Nosh & Co sea salt chips/Jar of candied nuts/Chocolate Dip Granola bars/Cookies/Trail mix x2 ,and a nice warm pair of Rose & Robin slippers xl size fits him.
He texted back after I dropped everything off *Your the best mom*.......
I am currently on a very restrictive diet ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am waiting for Jan 2020 surgeon appointment,, to book having my Gallbladder removed so I am living vicariously through him.
But I got my Airmiles!!!!

Hugs
Mel
Take care Mel and hope everything goes well!!

I've checked the links on page one but can't find what I'm looking for. Does anyone have the link to the page that shows buying GC's from Shell will give AM's. I'm specifically looking for Netflix. I was sure the offer didn't expire till Jan 1st but I've been wrong before.

I've been really frustrated by Canada Post this year. A few items I ordered the first week in November from a supplier in BC. When I contacted the seller (2 weeks ago), she said that they were all sent and all sitting in Mississauga. I still have not received any of the packages. Another item (different supplier) from China sat in Mississauga for more than 2½ weeks. I sent two boxes to Newfoundland, and have the tracking scanned in New Brunswick four days ago. I'm guessing that they are not going to arrive on their "estimated delivery date" of tomorrow and Tuesday.

I saw a few articles saying that Canada Post are overwhelmed with packages this year and cannot keep up since Black Friday/Cyber Monday. That means, most packages will be late this year but hopefully most will arrive before Christmas. I'm happy I bought everything online before Black Friday so I don't have to worry about that.

I've checked the links on page one but can't find what I'm looking for. Does anyone have the link to the page that shows buying GC's from Shell will give AM's. I'm specifically looking for Netflix. I was sure the offer didn't expire till Jan 1st but I've been wrong before.
Sorry about that -- I have added THIS EXTRA LINK to the Shell section.

You can also find the extra offers that get mentioned if you dig a bit on the Shell site using the first link I've provided by scrolling almost all the way down the page and clicking on "Offers & Promotions" Currently that takes you to the above page. Quick answer to your question is YES, the Netflix offer is good thru Jan 5th

So I think that Shell has issues. I have bought lots of GCs from our shell store and no issues. As I reported at the start of STB, I picked up a shell GC from Sobeys, went to Shell, picked up a LCBO GC and went right to the LCBO. No issues and all within 10mins of each.
Try another Shell
I've had this same issue at 2 different locations over the last few years. I'm really hoping that it was that specific store this time or just their batch of Netflix cards. I will try it again today or tomorrow at a different location but will have them process one card first.

Yes, my Shell's are having the same issue. They try and scan the Netflix cards but they just don't activate. One Shell toolk the right off the shelves when this happened. My friend tried to tell me that she heard it's because Netflix is going under (insert rollie eye emoji). She also said that AM's don't count for GC's which is why I had asked for the Shell offer to send to her.
Let me know if you find some place that does work. I will try again at a different Shell if I can get to one but I'm thinking its a bigger problem than the station.

I've been really frustrated by Canada Post this year. A few items I ordered the first week in November from a supplier in BC. When I contacted the seller (2 weeks ago), she said that they were all sent and all sitting in Mississauga. I still have not received any of the packages. Another item (different supplier) from China sat in Mississauga for more than 2½ weeks. I sent two boxes to Newfoundland, and have the tracking scanned in New Brunswick four days ago. I'm guessing that they are not going to arrive on their "estimated delivery date" of tomorrow and Tuesday.

Welcome to the "Canada Post Sucks" group.

I've got three packages either lost or in limbo.

Sorry people are having trouble with Canada Post. I had the opposite happen - delivery was supposed to be tomorrow got there on Friday so it can work the other way too. Hope everything gets everything soon!

I just checked my Indigo order and it's just sitting. Ugh. Two of the items I need for early Friday. If they haven"t shipped by tomorrow afternoon I will have to make a special trip to the store ( in another town) to repurchase and then again to return when the shipment does come. I get it .. Christmas is busy, but that isn't new. If I had seen the shipping warning prior to check out I wouldn't have made the purchase online. But I was comfortable with the dates Indigo provided. Sigh. There are bigger issues than this.. it's just irritating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!