Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Indirectly related to AM, but i have a chance to earn some! I need to look at a new washer. I currently have a whirlpool front loader and am thinking of going back to a top loader but it's been 10 years, so maybe the front loaders are better now? Any recommendations?

Indirectly related to AM, but i have a chance to earn some! I need to look at a new washer. I currently have a whirlpool front loader and am thinking of going back to a top loader but it's been 10 years, so maybe the front loaders are better now? Any recommendations?
No recommendation on the actual machine BUT our experience with Lowes was exceptional when i needed to order Owen, my fancy new oven, last year. Delivery was free & they took the dead one away because they regularly have promos for that, I earned a ton of miles AND when the price dropped 2 weeks later they refunded the difference.

Thanks for asking this. I think we’re going to have to replace our machines soon too...the washing machine has problems draining every half a dozen loads or so, and although it works fine if I reset it, the problem isn’t going away.

The coolest I’ve found so far is a front loader with a sidekick machine (I think it’s samsung). I could see using the smaller washer fairly regularly, which would cut down on our utilities. But the machine itself is pricier, plus two washers = twice the risk of something breaking...

No recommendation on the actual machine BUT our experience with Lowes was exceptional when i needed to order Owen, my fancy new oven, last year. Delivery was free & they took the dead one away because they regularly have promos for that, I earned a ton of miles AND when the price dropped 2 weeks later they refunded the difference.
I also recommend Lowes. The staff are great. They know the merch very well and provide excellent customer service. I've bought several large appliances there over the last 5 years. Only had one problem which they took care of.....it took some time but they stayed on it and kept me informed along the way. The latest purchase was in December....new washer and dryer. I went in to look and compare after doing basically no research. The associate quickly and easily educated me on the machines that interested me and made me decision very easy. I got free delivery, free old machine removal, an on the spot government rebate and bought an extended warranty (which I never do). The cost of the ext warranty was about the same as one service call and the associate wrote down a lot of info for me.....including telling me when to call before the end of the warranty to get a the machines tuned up/serviced which would be covered under the plan.

As to front loaders......I have yet to hear much about them that is good. I bought an LG large capacity top loader and love it. We are still trying to figure out all the things that it does. I have yet to figure out how to fill the tub and let something soak. When the cycle is complete it plays a tune that sounds like the ice cream truck.

As to front loaders......I have yet to hear much about them that is good. I bought an LG large capacity top loader and love it. We are still trying to figure out all the things that it does. I have yet to figure out how to fill the tub and let something soak. When the cycle is complete it plays a tune that sounds like the ice cream truck.

I have a REALLY old machine and I just turn it off OR flip open the lid since it won't run when it's open. Is that an option for you?

Owen sings to me when he's hot and chirps if i leave the door open when he's baking sumthin and when hubby bumps up against the knobs that turn on the elements it dings (and every time he jumps!)

I have a REALLY old machine and I just turn it off OR flip open the lid since it won't run when it's open. Is that an option for you?

Owen sings to me when he's hot and chirps if i leave the door open when he's baking sumthin and when hubby bumps up against the knobs that turn on the elements it dings (and every time he jumps!)
No...that's what I could do with my old machine. The new one is all electronic. You have to close the lid to even turn it on. Once you turn it on and set it the lid locks. You can wait until after it weighs the load (which is how it sets the water level) to unlock the door to add something but then it locks when you close it again. What I need to do is check YouTube...the book that came with it doesn't tell you much.

ETA....I discovered that if you just leave the lid open when it unlocks to add items, after about 15 minutes all the water will drain out.

@ElCray what BMO offer? The one they put out in advance of Mega Miles has been pulled back as Mega Miles wasn't going to happen. There was some discussion about it mid March. I don't want to miss out on an offer nor do I want you to be surprised if it was the Mega Miles offer.
Oh, I thought I saw that people had contacted BMO, which said they would still honour the offer for those who had registered for it...

Edit: I went back and saw the posts were deleted. Thanks for flagging! I had missed that they were deleted.

Now back to my relaxation music

I'm loving this music. The kids are still upstairs so it's peaceful on the main floor right now.

We're not Air Miles hunting now, but I thought last night since my husband was headed to Metro, he could add a few gift cards to his order to make it over the $500 threshold for the BMO credit card offer since we signed up for that. They said they are not selling giftcards now and refused to sell him any. I was curious, and called another Metro, and they are selling them at that store. Just a heads up that you might want to call ahead in case that is part of your strategy!

That was weird. I wonder why the one location refused to sell him any gift cards.

So...how fast can you buy 2 Hydrasense Allergy nasal washes and 3 pounds of chocolate,,,,?
In Rexall at 8am,,,out at 8:10.
I didn't use a cart...used my own reusable bag to collect and then scanned each item from the other side of plexiglass,,then contactless tap of credit card,,,,,,,and out of there......:moped:
The sad thing is I can't eat chocolate right now ,,,but at least my sons will enjoy their Easter treats.
All packages cleaned and drying.
Have a good day

PS
If anyone is looking for this week's grocery flyer info it is here
https://www.reebee.com/flyers**Sobeys does have buy two Kinder Easter treats (10.99 each) or 2 Ferrero Rocher chocolate bunny (9.99 each) get 30 bonus airmiles.(see page 10)

Rexall's upcoming flyer is here
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10068/1355784
Please do not make a special visit just to get airmiles.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking this. I think we’re going to have to replace our machines soon too...the washing machine has problems draining every half a dozen loads or so, and although it works fine if I reset it, the problem isn’t going away.

The coolest I’ve found so far is a front loader with a sidekick machine (I think it’s samsung). I could see using the smaller washer fairly regularly, which would cut down on our utilities. But the machine itself is pricier, plus two washers = twice the risk of something breaking...
Is your error an F-20? That happens with mine and I need to drain and rinse after that error because everything is soaked. I won't buy Samsung appliances, though I love Samsung phones. Too many horror stories from people i know who have bought them and regretted it.

Is your error an F-20? That happens with mine and I need to drain and rinse after that error because everything is soaked. I won't buy Samsung appliances, though I love Samsung phones. Too many horror stories from people i know who have bought them and regretted it.

Mine says F9 E1, but it sounds basically the same. I don’t know if codes vary by brand. Ours is a Maytag. It just won’t drain. I’m nowhere near an appliance expert...google tells me that if it happens rarely it’s probably a pump, and if it happens regularly it’s probably the computer that regulates the pump. Does yours happen every load?

Thanks for the advice about samsung! I will definitely have to do a ton of research before buying.

Well I have had my grocery adventure for the week... was going to go to Food Basics and Metro but with the mega lines up I ended up only doing Metro, spent over $140 (double my normal budget) and earned 21 Airmiles. Any way. I got to the point I was just randomly grabbing things I saw in other people's carts because I thought we might need it. I did manage to get kiddo his Swiss Chalet ribs for Easter dinner, phew. And hopefully I have enough stuff to last a week, but I am doubtful... 15 bananas? 3 packs of pits but no hummus? Ugh… this is what happens when I can't use a flyer and list and go in prepared. Thank goodness I got cat food last weekend, and dog food is coming Saturday (he eats raw and they do local delivery, normally have to spend $100 but they changed it to $25 and I spent more than that any way, should last at least two weeks once I get it). Now I get to finish work, and maybe cry? or eat the Aero Dark Chocolate Cherry Truffle bar I bought...

I know some of you have redeemed AM for Universal Studios in Orlando...today they announced they are closed until at least through May 31...my guess is that WDW will as well.View attachment 486706
yes I replied like because I dont want anyone rushing back till this is over.
Hope Disney does this and maybe longer, end of June.
I know it sucks for all that had trips, like us in March, but stay safe.

yes I replied like because I dont want anyone rushing back till this is over.
Hope Disney does this and maybe longer, end of June.
I know it sucks for all that had trips, like us in March, but stay safe.

Watching CNN this afternoon and officials in California are predicting that they will not see any sporting events until "at least" Thanksgiving...I have a feeling we will not be back to "normal" until next summer...
Better to stay safe...Disney will be there when it is safe again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter