Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am going in December and already stressing out too! If I get a higher BG, I can’t hop to other parks as it can be in the afternoon or at night. I don’t even know how to plan my days with this uncertainty. Then with the new rides and tiering, TSM is actually harder to get now. The plan is to rope drop a new tier 1 and book FP for another Tier 1. Yet this plan may not work with the ROTR BG. I just hope Disney would change to FP for ROTR before my FP booking window opens.

I have a lot of feelings about the boarding group process.

The nice thing is that even with a higher BG, you can hop somewhere else and just watch the BG progress through the app. Once yours is called, you have about 2 hours to get to the ride. So if you’re at another park, you’d have time to bus over.

My only suggestion is if you can, don’t have a set dinner/evening plan. We had a reservation at 5:00, and of course our BG was called at 4:00. We did the ride, huddled to the restaurant, and got seated by 5:30. But we knew there was a good chance we would get turned away for being 30 minutes late.

I have a lot of feelings about the boarding group process.

The nice thing is that even with a higher BG, you can hop somewhere else and just watch the BG progress through the app. Once yours is called, you have about 2 hours to get to the ride. So if you’re at another park, you’d have time to bus over.

My only suggestion is if you can, don’t have a set dinner/evening plan. We had a reservation at 5:00, and of course our BG was called at 4:00. We did the ride, huddled to the restaurant, and got seated by 5:30. But we knew there was a good chance we would get turned away for being 30 minutes late.
Thanks for the tip! I need to rethink my dining plans. :sad2:

@AngelDisney, I am hoping for a better situation for RotR as well! What are your exact dates and resort for December again? We are Nov 28-Dec 5 at Pop. I plan on making my HS days (likely doing two so we can ride all the new stuff) for the end of the week (Thurs and Fri).

Huh. Just checked the Air Miles app. Metro not showing any bonus miles offers.
Dang that is too bad,,,keep checking Hon.
Mine just popped up a spend $50 get 50 airmiles.
Edited: spend 50$ get 50 airmiles not 25 airmiles.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

My Metro is spend $80 get 80 and my Sobeys is spend $75 get 25 so I think I'll be going to Metro this week. I was planning to get the waffle mix and syrup but honestly we won't eat that much waffles or oatmeal so it just doesn't make sense. I like to get meat at Sobeys or Metro so they have different ones on sale, we'll eat what's on sale. And I'll get some Tostitos for kiddo at Metro for those AM as well. Should be able to get 150 or so for the $80 spend on things we can use and need. And a stop at M&M for a few of their 2 lbs meals that are on sale and that kiddo loves. Stock the freezer :) No Airmiles on those but they're nice to have around.

Working from home is boring... my kitchen chairs are not the most comfortable lol. But the cats, dog and kiddo are all happy.

Online shop through airmiles,,,first day of off on medical leave and I'm already spending money....
BUT I really needed another small humidifier for the living room as I gave my son the old one,,and the winter hat I've been admiring for 3 months is not doing me any good if I buy it in the Spring/summer.
Picked up two new Hoodies through Old Navy--finally have the two colors I've been looking for with free delivery and Bonus code off.
Now to take a painkiller and lay back down.
Happy airmile hunting
Hugs
Mel

My Metro is spend $80 get 80 and my Sobeys is spend $75 get 25 so I think I'll be going to Metro this week. I was planning to get the waffle mix and syrup but honestly we won't eat that much waffles or oatmeal so it just doesn't make sense. I like to get meat at Sobeys or Metro so they have different ones on sale, we'll eat what's on sale. And I'll get some Tostitos for kiddo at Metro for those AM as well. Should be able to get 150 or so for the $80 spend on things we can use and need. And a stop at M&M for a few of their 2 lbs meals that are on sale and that kiddo loves. Stock the freezer :) No Airmiles on those but they're nice to have around.

Working from home is boring... my kitchen chairs are not the most comfortable lol. But the cats, dog and kiddo are all happy.

M&M's has some of those 1 or 2 lb meals but I was hoping to wait and see if any good Rexall double or triple dips happen next week.
Hugs
Mel

You know it's a slow AM week when you find yourself reviewing last years AM Spreadsheet to see when the next Blue Friday might be. Last year there was one Mar 1. We could maybe be looking at one this coming Friday Feb 28 but more likely for it to be March 6. Purely speculation, I have no insider info (yet!).

I just hope we get more Blue Fridays and than these Blue offers of the week aren't the new direction they are taking.

Last edited:
@AngelDisney, I am hoping for a better situation for RotR as well! What are your exact dates and resort for December again? We are Nov 28-Dec 5 at Pop. I plan on making my HS days (likely doing two so we can ride all the new stuff) for the end of the week (Thurs and Fri).
My dates are Dec. 19-21 then Dec. 25-29. Most busiest days with highest crowd level of the year! No HS plans for the first stay. Planning to rope drop HS three times during the second stay. The problem now is getting BG for afternoon or evening that might interfere with dining or FP plans at another park. We are renting DVC and will be staying at AKV. I tried to book BWV for the second stay but there’s no availability for standard view at 11 months out. I believe someone was walking a reservation. Since once AKV was booked, there’s availability a week later. It’s my first time renting points, next time I would wait for a few days then try again. BWV would be better for rope dropping at HS. I think I should be able to ride all the new rides once, but I always want to ride my favourite rides more than once. I wonder if rope dropping HS just for the BG then hop to another park for using the prebooked FPs is a better plan. I guess we will have to wait and see if there’s any changes for ROTR.

So Bonus Boom Sobeys transaction was Feb 12 for $200, but it didn't get posted to my account until the 14th. Will I have to chase BMO or AM for my 200 miles? I think I have to chase BMO?

BMO will know what day the CC transaction was completed (not posted) and it is a total of $200 to your CC that triggers the 200AM for the BMO offer. Check you CC statment to make sure it was transaction dated Feb 6-12.

If you do have to follow up with BMO, give up. They are the worst to follow up with after the fact. I usually just write off the missing AM when they are involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter