Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yes, my Shell's are having the same issue. They try and scan the Netflix cards but they just don't activate. One Shell toolk the right off the shelves when this happened. My friend tried to tell me that she heard it's because Netflix is going under (insert rollie eye emoji). She also said that AM's don't count for GC's which is why I had asked for the Shell offer to send to her.
Let me know if you find some place that does work. I will try again at a different Shell if I can get to one but I'm thinking its a bigger problem than the station.
Well never say never but I doubt Netflix is going under. I have 2 Shell stations that are very close by. I’m supposed to be working from home today and I’ve already been out to a chiropractor appt. and then stopped at The Bay on the way home so no more errands for me today. I will try Shell tomorrow after work.

Looks like we're heading into a one-day only coupon at Rexall!!! Just found one on the airmiles site Spend $50 get 100 AM on Wednesday. I'll keep my eyes open for a coupon on the Rexall website and if it pops up I'll create a post to help everyone get the most miles for the $$$

Use THIS LINK for the one i found and keep a watch for my post tomorrow!

Of course it is...because I just did a large amazon order Yesterday!! GRRRRR

If you waited they would have run out of stock ;)

Edit: So for next year, airmilesshops has run a one day 10x on the last Monday before Christmas the last three years. It's kind of a last chance at last minute deliveries. I was watching for it last Monday just in case but then forgot about it and didn't post. And there is of course no guarantee, things always change with them.

I found the other Rexall coupon! Tomorrow is in fact, a one day only double dip chance. I'll create a post with links and images later today to make it easier for everyone to earn those miles one last time before Santa arrives. Study your stash of gifts then go over the flyer and create a shopping list!!!

Amazon screwed me again. I had $100+ before tax as my cart subtotal but they split my order into 2 shipments - one at $91 and one at $10 or so. So the base and bonus miles only posted for an $80 order.... and I bet my 50 bonus for STB won’t ever show up. As they haven’t yet...

At least Amazon uses a super reliable shipping company and not Canada post!!

Amazon screwed me again. I had $100+ before tax as my cart subtotal but they split my order into 2 shipments - one at $91 and one at $10 or so. So the base and bonus miles only posted for an $80 order.... and I bet my 50 bonus for STB won’t ever show up. As they haven’t yet...

At least Amazon uses a super reliable shipping company and not Canada post!!

My Amazon order for a gaming PC for my son actually came via Canada Post - I had to go to the Shoppers post office to pick it up. I was glad they didn’t just drop it on my porch, some of my neighbours are missing parcels that show as delivered.

On another note, I got an email that amazon is going to adjust the price of that gaming PC that I ordered on Black Friday by close to $200. Normally one should be pleased to save money. Not this time. The first thing that crossed my mind is now I won’t have enough air miles to get my last park ticket. My husband thinks it’s great they are giving me the price adjustment but now I need to quickly earn those lost miles!

Hey strangers
Sorry it’s been awhile . Trip to Fl was a nightmare , sicker than a dog when I came home , 2 deaths , issues with the boys dad needing a new lawyer right before Xmas I could go on and on
So I start trying to finally deal with Xmas in July I go on fb chat and get Pam . She takes all my info then demands I call her to have info released in like I’m a nurse at work I can’t call So then she goes ion about how our jobs are similar and she can’t release info to me over the phone .. I’m in a bad mood so that did not sit well. She refused to send me the categories . I finally said Pam please stop you are making my head hurt worse .
ive learned my lesson mad will be starting a journal for am now
Hope all is well hope to catch up soon

Hey strangers
Sorry it’s been awhile . Trip to Fl was a nightmare , sicker than a dog when I came home , 2 deaths , issues with the boys dad needing a new lawyer right before Xmas I could go on and on
So I start trying to finally deal with Xmas in July I go on fb chat and get Pam . She takes all my info then demands I call her to have info released in like I’m a nurse at work I can’t call So then she goes ion about how our jobs are similar and she can’t release info to me over the phone .. I’m in a bad mood so that did not sit well. She refused to send me the categories . I finally said Pam please stop you are making my head hurt worse .
OK, that is NOT the way that customer service is supposed to work ! We've all run into these by-the-book agents at Airmiles and they SUCK! The last time i had one like this i immediately went to Facebook Messenger to complain. There is currently no other way to pass on comments about specific agents and I often use this to make sure cudos get to those who deserve it for going the extra mile (see what i did there :P )
What exactly is it that you need to know? The different categories that the shops had to fall into to qualify for The Christmas in July?
Here's the list that was posted in redflags

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Hey strangers

:hug: sending hugs. it sounds like you have way too much on your plate right now! i hope that life calms down for you soon.

Has anyone used air miles for a cruise yet. My friend tried last night. It took three hours and they never even booked but yet did take the miles out twice. He now is down 24000 miles and no cruise. I am rethinking using my points for a cruise

I found the other Rexall coupon! Tomorrow is in fact, a one day only double dip chance. I'll create a post with links and images later today to make it easier for everyone to earn those miles one last time before Santa arrives. Study your stash of gifts then go over the flyer and create a shopping list!!!
Order my medical supplies last week got a call the are ready for pick up, I'll get them tomorrow if I can use 2 airmile coupons!

Order my medical supplies last week got a call the are ready for pick up, I'll get them tomorrow if I can use 2 airmile coupons!
There are a few exclusions that i can see on the coupon but they're the standard ones. I've often picked up stuff that's stored behind the counter including medications like iron supplements, I just ask to take it to the front to check out because i know the pharmacy staff has better things to do than figure out Airmiles promotions! Have at it and rack up those miles with things you truly need!
Exclusions are:
  • Prescriptions
  • codeine
  • postal services & stamps
  • gift cards
  • lottery
  • bus tickets
  • phone cards
  • event tickets
  • taxes

Has anyone used air miles for a cruise yet. My friend tried last night. It took three hours and they never even booked but yet did take the miles out twice. He now is down 24000 miles and no cruise. I am rethinking using my points for a cruise
No one has mentioned actually booking but it was discussed a few days ago. Personally I wouldn't try a second time if my miles were removed from my account and i didn't have anything to show for it. You can bet I'd be on the phone pronto -- that's something that needs more attention than an online conversation can allow. I hope your friend is able to get this sorted out pronto!

There are a few exclusions that i can see on the coupon but they're the standard ones. I've often picked up stuff that's stored behind the counter including medications like iron supplements, I just ask to take it to the front to check out because i know the pharmacy staff has better things to do than figure out Airmiles promotions! Have at it and rack up those miles with things you truly need!
Exclusions are:
  • Prescriptions
  • codeine
  • postal services & stamps
  • gift cards
  • lottery
  • bus tickets
  • phone cards
  • event tickets
  • taxes
Yep I'm aware, they're not any of those. They fall under "home healthcare" and are eligible for promotions :thumbsup2. Then I get a special receipt for insurance as our extended covers these supplies.

Time for the promised Rexall one-day-only coupon posting!
ONE DAY ONLY bonus offer Wednesday December 18th
To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips:
  1. BOTH bar codes MUST be scanned, neither can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 2 different codes scanned
  5. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger. You can even try getting them to type in the bar code number, that will also work
  6. You can use the coupons multiple times, so if you can make more than 1 $50 transaction, GO FOR IT **** worth noting that some stores carry M & M frozen food, maybe you can buy those for quick meals during this busy season
  7. Depending on the store you might be able to use the survey coupon for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 I would be careful with this though, is $5 worth the potential $10 the Airmiles represents? Link for that is HERE

Two separate coupons from 2 different sources

Coupon # 1 came from Rexall the barcode from this one is 417000052975

Link to the coupon is HERE

Image if you prefer
459173 Just the barcode 459174

Coupon # 2 came from Airmiles and the barcode from this one is 417000052982

This coupon can be found either on the App OR you can find the same coupon code online HERE

Image if you prefer
459176 Just the barcode 459178

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter