Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Has anyone’s Shell Go+ offer for January (5 cents off on weekends) not worked? I opted in back in December, but only tried using it for the first time on Saturday, and it didn’t adjust the price. Do I contact airmiles about this? Or Shell? Thanks!
I've used it every weekend and the price was adjusted right on the pump.

Nothing special in the IGA flyer this week...

My base miles posted from the IGA chicken nugget extravaganza a couple of weeks ago. No sign of the bonus miles. Trying to remember if this is normal for IGA?

My AM (base and bonus) for the Chicken posted last Friday. We shopped at the same store so yours should have posted also. (IGA des Grieves) Shopping before Sunday should have yielded the same results.

My AM (base and bonus) for the Chicken posted last Friday. We shopped at the same store so yours should have posted also. (IGA des Grieves) Shopping before Sunday should have yielded the same results.
Thanks! Now to find the receipt! It's possibly the only one I don't have at my fingertips. LOL

Okay, its a rant.....
I booked an AM's flight recently. I did it online, booked with Air Canada. I now wish to apply my Nexis card to the reservation. Called AM's and they told me I needed to contact AC. No problem, I can call them. Did so last week and got a message that i would be on hold for a minimum of two hours, please call back. Okay, called back the next day to the same message. Waited till Friday and the message had changed to we are sorry but we can't put you on hold, we are to busy. WHAT? To busy to put someone on hold or give a call back option. They said go online and do what you have to, but I can't seem to so catch 22. Called back today and got the same sorry, can't put you on hold, to busy message. How in heavens name can I contact them when they don't have a phone system to allow it?
Then I tried to book seats through their website. I will allow me to pick them but will not complete the transaction. Can't call them to fix that obviously, lol.
I went to their FB page and see a sh*t load of complaints about this issue. AC left someone a message to PM them through FB and they would get back to them however there are people saying they left messages going back as far as 30 days and not getting any response. What a horrible company. Is AC in trouble and they are cutting staff? Can't think of any other reason why you can't do anything with them.
Rant over.....

They are likely dealing with the fact that the NL airport has been closed for days and is not open yet. Imagine all those people needing to be rebooked and all calling to deal with it. Not to say they shouldn't have better customer service but right now is probably worse.

They are likely dealing with the fact that the NL airport has been closed for days and is not open yet. Imagine all those people needing to be rebooked and all calling to deal with it. Not to say they shouldn't have better customer service but right now is probably worse.
Probably doesn't help for sure however since I started this last Monday, so just over a week ago, and others are complaining they have not been getting responses from as far back as 30 days I don't put as much backing into this as I might have. I think I will just drive over to our local airport and see if they can help me. It's really no big deal on either issue but I sure would like to know I have a seat in case they over sell the flight as airlines like to do. And since our time between our Transat flight and our AC flight is tight having our Nexis cards listed would help.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Okay, its a rant.....
I booked an AM's flight recently. I did it online, booked with Air Canada. I now wish to apply my Nexis card to the reservation. Called AM's and they told me I needed to contact AC. No problem, I can call them. Did so last week and got a message that i would be on hold for a minimum of two hours, please call back. Okay, called back the next day to the same message. Waited till Friday and the message had changed to we are sorry but we can't put you on hold, we are to busy. WHAT? To busy to put someone on hold or give a call back option. They said go online and do what you have to, but I can't seem to so catch 22. Called back today and got the same sorry, can't put you on hold, to busy message. How in heavens name can I contact them when they don't have a phone system to allow it?
Then I tried to book seats through their website. I will allow me to pick them but will not complete the transaction. Can't call them to fix that obviously, lol.
I went to their FB page and see a sh*t load of complaints about this issue. AC left someone a message to PM them through FB and they would get back to them however there are people saying they left messages going back as far as 30 days and not getting any response. What a horrible company. Is AC in trouble and they are cutting staff? Can't think of any other reason why you can't do anything with them.
Rant over.....
There is a really serious issue with the AC Call Centre following their switch to a new booking system called Amadeus. It's not working properly, has enormous wait times between functions, etc. I was at the airport in Paris looking to switch a flight home and the agent clicked a button and literally had to wait 2-3 minutes for pages to load, just to see if another seat was available. My visit to the ticketing counter took 30+ minutes and the bulk of my time was spent chatting with the agent while she waited for the pages to load. This appears to be compounded by a lack of training on the new system. I visit a number of travel boards and the reports are absolutely brutal - waiting 2.5 hours on hold only to be disconnected, over and over, agents that have no idea how to complete routine changes to ticketing or specialized routes that used to be a breeze, etc. I'm looking at how to book family trips in the most complete way possible if my flight involves Air Canada, specifically to avoid having to call into the call centre. Some have reported better success getting a Diamond status member to call in on their behalf (they have access to a special line), or some "ticketing" phone number that is outside of the regular contact centre. Unfortunately I have no idea what that number is...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6285124/air-canada-reservation-system-problems/

Last edited:
Did you send them a private msg on fb? I had to do that last week when their website was messed up and they got back to me right away.
Yes and I have not heard back from them. I did take a drive over to the airport and had them input my Nexus so that is done. She was nice but not to interested in booking our seats, said just wait till 24 hours before to get them free. I told her I was a bit worried that they would oversell the flights and we would be in a mess. She agreed this could happen but doubted it would. We shall see. I overheard one of the other clerks talking to a man who came in because he could not get in touch with AC, his flight is in the morning and he had been trying to call through since last week. The clerk said that yes, they were having issues but it was to be expected with a new system. Doesn't really help though.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas.

Oh, one good thing that happened today, we stopped at Shell to gas up and they had printed signs at the pumps stating that V Power was on 'sale' at the same price as regular. DH pumped it in, still got the 3 cents off per liter even though the cost was at Regular and we received 10 AM's as apparently it was 10 times the AM's on V Power fuel. Bonus and Bonus!
Then we went to Mandarin for lunch, lol.

Oh, one good thing that happened today, we stopped at Shell to gas up and they had printed signs at the pumps stating that V Power was on 'sale' at the same price as regular. DH pumped it in, still got the 3 cents off per liter even though the cost was at Regular and we received 10 AM's as apparently it was 10 times the AM's on V Power fuel. Bonus and Bonus!
Then we went to Mandarin for lunch, lol.

A similar thing happened to me last week! The regular gas was 'out' and I ended up with V Power for the same price, and then got 15 cents off/litre due to Sobey's, AND the AM 10x promotion. Great score!

Just waiting for the flyers to be posted

Blue Bonus
Buy 6 Seriously Good Mayo (Heinz) Or 6 Heinz Barbecue sauce @4.99 each get 95 airmiles.

Sobeys Ontario
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1346495Jan 23- Jan 29
25 Airmiles when you redeem 95 cash airmiles

Metro Ontario
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10017/1346542
Foodland Ontario
Jan 23- Jan 29

https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1346502
Sobeys Urban Fresh Ontario
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10092/1346504Jan 23- Jan 29

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
So I am all prepped for my two scopes today (endoscopy and colonoscopy )....I must say that drink stuff tastes like s(*^&%!!! I drank it so fast I got a ice headache.
Now I am on the no fluids step and am bored to tears,,,,can't look at the flyers as they are making me hungry and thirsty.
I did get an ok from the sons to pick up the Mayo & BBQ sauces as I think they are trying to humour me today.
So I think 95 airmiles from Sobeys will be my goal unless my offers have anything good.
Well off to brush my teeth again....:)
Happy flyer searching everyone.
Hugs
Mel

That makes sense why I don't have it lol. Is there a way to get invited? Do they invite those who fill up lots, etc? just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!