Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just got the Sobeys/MyOffers email with a spend $75 get 35AM plus buy Pintys get 15AM. They have spend $100 get 100Ams this upcoming week and Pintys chicken is on sale for 9.99 soooo looks like I am going to making a little room in my freezer for a couple of boxes. I will be saving these for a snowstorm or something as we like the fresh ones from the Metro counter better and they are on for 8.99

I received a message back on FB on my question to Rexall. I stated that I had heard they were doing away with AM's and wondered if it was correct. There answer.....

That is correct! Rexall is launching our own loyalty program as of May 1, 2020 with new rewards and offers. Our website will be launching tomorrow.

...But I do like the fact that with AM and the BMO world elite card, we get a break on flights and that I can now use my AM towards packages on red tag as well.

I agree! I get really good deals on flights to Florida. I can get a return fare for 2,325 miles + $170 taxes, which is the same as $244 + $170! You could NEVER fly to Miami/Fort Lauderdale from Halifax for that cheap. I'd be crazy to give up my BMO W/E card TBH.

Sobeys had a redeem offer last week- redeem 95 miles,get 25 miles. The miles didn't show on the receipt. Is that typically for that type of offer? The cashier said not to worry if they didn't post just bring the receipt in and they would "make it right".

Any experience with this type offer?

Hmm. I was one of the winners in the Air Miles Roundup Contest. A while back they sent an email that the prizes would be late in coming. Of course Rexall gift cards were among the prizes on offer. Now what?

You will have until May 1 to use them an collect AM

Sobeys had a redeem offer last week- redeem 95 miles,get 25 miles. The miles didn't show on the receipt. Is that typically for that type of offer? The cashier said not to worry if they didn't post just bring the receipt in and they would "make it right".

Any experience with this type offer?

They never will show on the receipt. It will take about 2 weeks to see them posted to your account (maybe more if they are really slow). Metro treats this same offer the same way, they don't show on receipt and they are posted about 2 weeks later.

The threshold offer is better than I one I used on the last Blue Friday: 45 AM for $105. This time I have a 100 AM for $100. This is much normal!
I've consistently had 65/$150. So this great... with the flyer coupon it's a mini Blue Friday. I'm already trying to figure out how to get up to $115....I don't need much this week as DH has to go on a liquid diet for a few days prior to going in for a little minor surgery. How much juice, jello and chicken broth can one person buy???? :rotfl2: To be totally honest I want them to stop giving me this offer....I don't really like shopping at Sobeys and I can't get everything I want there. :ssst:

My list this week:
I'm hoping to get $15 worth of Campbell's products get 25 airmiles I'll check out the ziplock bags but I'm not sure about their price. Buy 2 get 35 Airmiles.
I normally buy Kellogg's Raisin Bran cereal but I wonder what the Post Raisin Bran taste like.?
I'm sure I can find a few boxes the sons would like. Buy 5 Post cereal boxes get 95 Airmiles.
$20.00 spend on Old El Paso products (General Mills)=50 Airmiles.
That's it for me.
Hugs
Mel

Smart canuks has a preview up of the Rexall flyer. Fri - Sun spend $50 on almost anything get 100AM or a $15 GC. I was thinking of going tomorrow and picking up some make-up but now I think I will wait until Friday as I can get some other things too.

The threshold offer is better than I one I used on the last Blue Friday: 45 AM for $105. This time I have a 100 AM for $100. This is much normal!
That is good! I got an unappealing threshold offer again this week for the third week in a row - 65 AMs for $175 spend. Not worth it.

Hmm. I was one of the winners in the Air Miles Roundup Contest. A while back they sent an email that the prizes would be late in coming. Of course Rexall gift cards were among the prizes on offer. Now what?
If it's just a gift card that you're expecting I don't think what's happening right now will have any bearing on that ?! Just keep on them until you get it, you won according to their terms, if they don't provide the card from Rexall I'm sure they'll provide one from a different sponsor (just my thoughts)

I just got a nice little surprise. My AM account is showing an additional 216 miles From Lowes that I was not expecting. It says ' Lowes Energy Star'. So I guess that is from my washer/dryer purchase last month. I already had 400 miles post which was more than I calculated plus an additional 140 from my Amex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter