Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question for those who have redeemed for merchandise rewards. I just ordered my sons Christmas (hopefully 🤞🏻) Computer gift. The main air miles page says order by Dec 10 for Christmas delivery but the item notes say delivered in 4 weeks. Any thoughts on my chances for getting it in time? I’ve only redeemed for Disney tickets in the past and they always come within a few days.

I have ordered 2 computers from the Air Miles dream rewards. Neither took 4 weeks to arrive. They were quick. A week; maybe a week and a bit? It should arrive in time!

Question for those who have redeemed for merchandise rewards. I just ordered my sons Christmas (hopefully 🤞🏻) Computer gift. The main air miles page says order by Dec 10 for Christmas delivery but the item notes say delivered in 4 weeks. Any thoughts on my chances for getting it in time? I’ve only redeemed for Disney tickets in the past and they always come within a few days.
I think that's their version of a CYA note (google that, I don't think it will pass the word filter here :P ), saying 4 weeks gives them an out BUT from past experience : i ordered a stand mixer on June 1st and it was in my kitchen on June 6th!

Maybe it's a good thing that I haven't been able to order some stuff using AirMilesShops. I should take it as a sign if it happens again.

I was never able to order my $100 worth of Chapters gift cards through STB airmilesshops. Then I received a PC Points offer to spend $100 in Happy cards and get $15 of points back. The cards work at Chapters. I ended up spending $200 and received $30 in points back!

Then yesterday Hudson's Bay kept insisting I could not return the sweater if I ordered it. Today I decided to stop at The Bay at the Oshawa Centre and see if they had the sweater in stock. See if maybe it would fit my Dad. Turns out they had 2 XL in stock and yes, no problem. Plus, when I took it to the counter, it rang in at $25.xx instead of $38.xx online. Sweet! Oh, and their signage said it was on sale 40% off, not clearance.

Okay, totally off topic. Can anyone tell me how to stop getting notifications about posts from my email? I get a few hundred (exaggerated) a day however it's really not needed as I get an alert when I sign on. I just can't figure out where I go to cancel notifications. If there is some way to avoid this my email will thank me.

Okay, totally off topic. Can anyone tell me how to stop getting notifications about posts from my email? I get a few hundred (exaggerated) a day however it's really not needed as I get an alert when I sign on. I just can't figure out where I go to cancel notifications. If there is some way to avoid this my email will thank me.

are you “watching” threads? I feel like that would lead to tons of measages.

Click on the green T in the top right corner, then preferences. There are email options at the top, and then there’s the list of ways you want to be notified when a watched thread gets a post, etc. Maybe it’s set to send emails? You can shut it off so you get alerts on the site, but no emails.

That’s my best guess!

are you “watching” threads? I feel like that would lead to tons of measages.

Click on the green T in the top right corner, then preferences. There are email options at the top, and then there’s the list of ways you want to be notified when a watched thread gets a post, etc. Maybe it’s set to send emails? You can shut it off so you get alerts on the site, but no emails.

That’s my best guess!
Thanks. That's what's so confusing. There are two boxes for email options and neither are ticked. I just don't get why emails keep coming. Oh well, not to worry. It's easy enough to delete an email, just wished I didn't have to.

Buying Sobeys Giftcards today. Can someone confirm that you can purchase in one transaction and receive all the points ie 2 @ $150 = $300 on credit card and receive 300 airmiles on one receipt?

ok a different type of Rexall coupon that I'm for sure gonna combine with my StB one! Wednesday only, Friends and Family day, save 25% off all regularly priced products. This is better than my old lady discount on Tuesday and I have a running list of things that never go on sale and money is more important than miles sometimes 😱yes. I said that!
Save 25% off regularly priced items, Wednesday December 11th

ok a different type of Rexall coupon that I'm for sure gonna combine with my StB one! Wednesday only, Friends and Family day, save 25% off all regularly priced products. This is better than my old lady discount on Tuesday and I have a running list of things that never go on sale and money is more important than miles sometimes 😱yes. I said that!
Save 25% off regularly priced items, Wednesday December 11th
This is great! I actually have things to buy that are not always on sale. Thanks for the heads up!

I got my miles from my amazon.ca airmiles shop from Dec 2nd. The miles posed a few days ago and I didn't get all my base miles. Do I have to wait 60 days before contacting them for missing miles?

I got my miles from my amazon.ca airmiles shop from Dec 2nd. The miles posed a few days ago and I didn't get all my base miles. Do I have to wait 60 days before contacting them for missing miles?
this is a question that can have several answers and I need to ask you some questions to help!!
  1. Is this your StB coupon? If so I would wait because it will only get credited as "missing miles" and it won't FIX the issue and you'll need to do another chat
  2. How many miles are you missing? This is always a big decision maker for me, small amount I'll wait, larger I'll do it immediately
  3. Are you saving for a time-sensitive item (need tickets before FP+ day or car rental etc)? If yes, chase them down
If you do decide to chase them down now & get an agent who throws the company line of "wait 60 days & 75 days then file an online claim" disconnect and try again! The missing miles will not magically appear on their own at this point -- they have posted and consider that transaction is completed so there is really no need to wait to do a chat, those are your miles!

Also when you do chase those miles down don't forget you will also be missing the multiplier miles from that transaction of 5X from Amazon and 20X from the sitewide promo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!