Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I went to Rexall yesterday to use the StB coupon on my DD's account. DH needed his vitamins and I bought the Rexall brand so that I would get the extra 20 miles. Sure enough didn't I run out of the store and was half way home before I realized I didn't check my receipt. The coupon went through but I didn't get the miles for the vitamins. Oh well....I'll be more careful next time, going back isn't an option this time. I leave for WDW tomorrow so I'm up to my ears at the moment.
Have a wonderful trip!
Time for the promised Rexall one-day-only coupon posting!
ONE DAY ONLY Bonus Offer Wednesday December 4th
To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips and you can turn every $50 transaction into 220 miles:
  1. All THREE bar codes MUST be scanned, none of them can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device (this might be a good time to print them to be safe, lot of miles on the line!)
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 3 different codes scanned - it is obvious the actual coupons are different
  5. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger You can even try getting them to type in the bar code number, that will also work
  6. You can use the coupons multiple times, so if you can make more than one $50 transaction, GO FOR IT **** worth noting that some stores carry M & M frozen food, maybe you can buy those!
  7. Depending on the store you might be able to use the survey coupon for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 I would be careful with this though, is $5 worth the potential $$$ the Airmiles represents? Link for that is HER
Thank you for those links. Now, I need to REMEMBER to use them!

Time for the promised Rexall one-day-only coupon posting!
ONE DAY ONLY Bonus Offer Wednesday December 4th
To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips and you can turn every $50 transaction into 220 miles:
  1. All THREE bar codes MUST be scanned, none of them can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device (this might be a good time to print them to be safe, lot of miles on the line!)
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 3 different codes scanned - it is obvious the actual coupons are different
  5. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger You can even try getting them to type in the bar code number, that will also work
  6. You can use the coupons multiple times, so if you can make more than one $50 transaction, GO FOR IT **** worth noting that some stores carry M & M frozen food, maybe you can buy those!
  7. Depending on the store you might be able to use the survey coupon for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 I would be careful with this though, is $5 worth the potential $$$ the Airmiles represents? Link for that is HERE
Three separate coupons from 3 different sources
Coupon # 1 came from Rexall the barcode from this one is 417000052883
Link to the coupon is HERE
Image if you prefer
View attachment 456346 Just the barcode View attachment 456348

Coupon # 2 came from Airmiles and the barcode from this one is 417000052890
This coupon can be found either on the App OR you can find the same coupon code online HERE

Image if you prefer
View attachment 456349 Just the barcode View attachment 456350

Coupon # 3 is from Shop the Block and the barcode from this one is 417000052364

This coupon can be found within the app, a booklet or printed from the StB website
Image if you prefer
View attachment 456351 Just the barcode View attachment 456352
I should be able to use the $30 receipt coupon from the last weekend, right?

I should be able to use the $30 receipt coupon from the last weekend, right?
I didn't include this information because i don't have one to look at ... i don't think it should be a problem but truthfully I have no idea. Is it similar to a gift card or is it like the survey coupon?

I would be studying the fine print very closely myself and then decide which is more important at the time , to save the money or earn the miles. That way on the off chance that they won't work together I'd know which to tell the cashier to use. Sorry I can't help much with this but i simply don't know for sure.

I didn't include this information because i don't have one to look at ... i don't think it should be a problem but truthfully I have no idea. Is it similar to a gift card or is it like the survey coupon?

I would be studying the fine print very closely myself and then decide which is more important at the time , to save the money or earn the miles. That way on the off chance that they won't work together I'd know which to tell the cashier to use. Sorry I can't help much with this but i simply don't know for sure.
It’s my first time getting it so I am not sure. I will try as a survey coupon and scan it last. Hope it works. Thanks!

Airmilesshops are giving me a headache. Amazon is splitting my orders very weirdly, and they are posting weirdly. However, I do have a question - one of my orders had books in it, which I know I won't get airmiles on, but I should on the rest of that order, right? It was a large order, and the books were a small part of it, I'm hoping I didn't mess up and lose airmiles on the whole thing.....

Last edited:
Sobeys
Buy 150.00 Sobeys Gift card get 150 airmiles
Blue Bonus Buy
95 airmiles with purchase of 6 products listed
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1340695?page=3
Foodland
Buy 100.00 Foodland gift card get 100 airmiles
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1340704Blue Bonus Buy
95 airmiles with purchase of 6 products listed

Metro
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10017/1340723?page=3
Sobeys Urban Fresh
Spend 75.00 on a Sobeys Gift Card get 75 airmiles
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10092/1340705
Yay! I was hoping for a gift card offer. I will buy the maximum and spend the winter doing my shopping at Freshco where I can price match. Such an easy way to earn miles. :)

This is my first shop the block (just started collecting seriously in May) and I am anticipating issues with missing miles. So far I did the LCBO, Foodland, Airmileshop Amazon and Sobey's. Planning on the completing the BMO spending, Shell and Rexall very soon. I didn't keep all the receipts, but I remember LCBO, Foodland and Sobey's gave me the STB miles or said something about STB on the receipt. Amazon is shipping in 3 separate orders and this is where I think i'll have issues. When I dispute, do I need to show ALL the receipts or would I just have to show the receipt of the missing shop?

Also, I want to thank you guys for all the great info and tips. I went from earning 1000 miles in 15 years to over 8000 miles in 7 months!

What was CAD day? I had to buy some essentials on the way home from work, and the self-checkout told me I was earning extra AM... Maybe it was the Shop the Block coupon automatically working?

Maybe its my area but the coupons did not stack for me :( . On the bright side, my Rexall now has a M&M section which could be a game changer!

This is my first shop the block (just started collecting seriously in May) and I am anticipating issues with missing miles. So far I did the LCBO, Foodland, Airmileshop Amazon and Sobey's. Planning on the completing the BMO spending, Shell and Rexall very soon. I didn't keep all the receipts, but I remember LCBO, Foodland and Sobey's gave me the STB miles or said something about STB on the receipt. Amazon is shipping in 3 separate orders and this is where I think i'll have issues. When I dispute, do I need to show ALL the receipts or would I just have to show the receipt of the missing shop?

Also, I want to thank you guys for all the great info and tips. I went from earning 1000 miles in 15 years to over 8000 miles in 7 months!
Going forward, KEEP ALL RECEIPTS, until they post to your account and KEEP those related to a promotion (ie StB) until the big bonus posts. If you have to show receipts you will most likely only have to show the one for the disputed shop (in your case Amazon). Keep the confirmation email that shows your total was >$100 before they split it up for delivery.

I spent 51.08 before tax at Rexall and earned 262 miles. I got both of the 100 miles coupons even though the cashier said they wouldn't work, I persisted and lo and behold they both worked. I got the 20 for the shop the block coupon and 40 for the vitamins I bought. I had planned on doing my Mothers card as well but I ran out of time and had to leave so I may go back later tonight and do her card. I did find out though that my Rexall now has M&M's products so I am sure that I can get to $50 with those added. That wouldn't have worked today even if I had the time as I go to a badminton class and they would have been sitting in the gym for 3 hours. Not a good idea.

I spent 51.08 before tax at Rexall and earned 262 miles. I got both of the 100 miles coupons even though the cashier said they wouldn't work, I persisted and lo and behold they both worked. I got the 20 for the shop the block coupon and 40 for the vitamins I bought. I had planned on doing my Mothers card as well but I ran out of time and had to leave so I may go back later tonight and do her card. I did find out though that my Rexall now has M&M's products so I am sure that I can get to $50 with those added. That wouldn't have worked today even if I had the time as I go to a badminton class and they would have been sitting in the gym for 3 hours. Not a good idea.
My haul was similar (minus the vitamins) I had taken screen shots of all of the pics from Donald's post. When I showed each to the cashier...."here's the pic, and here's the barcode".....she was delighted!

I went to Rexall to use the coupons at checkout while the cashier was scanning the coupons, the manager or head cashier walked by, saw that 2 coupons were scanned and said only one can be scanned. I asked them to scan them all and see what the system does, but the manager refused saying that it should have gave an error and then she added that they're not supposed to scan more than 1 coupon and one person got fired for doing so. I wasn't going to push it, so I just bought the stuff and left.

Airmilesshops are giving me a headache. Amazon is splitting my orders very weirdly, and they are posting weirdly. However, I do have a question - one of my orders had books in it, which I know I won't get airmiles on, but I should on the rest of that order, right? It was a large order, and the books were a small part of it, I'm hoping I didn't mess up and lose airmiles on the whole thing.....

Yup same! I started a live chat on it, but I had to log off as I was at work. Just note how many IN TOTAL you should be awarded based on your total pre-tax amount.

Spent $65 and got 223 miles at Rexall today! Thanks Donald for putting it all together in one post, because I probably would've missed it completely!

I went to Rexall to use the coupons at checkout while the cashier was scanning the coupons, the manager or head cashier walked by, saw that 2 coupons were scanned and said only one can be scanned. I asked them to scan them all and see what the system does, but the manager refused saying that it should have gave an error and then she added that they're not supposed to scan more than 1 coupon and one person got fired for doing so. I wasn't going to push it, so I just bought the stuff and left.

Fired really! The store manager where I go is right in there with the rest of us using multiple coupons. I guess they aren't supposed to scan more than one but if they really wanted to do that all they would have to do is have just one bar code per promotion. Airmiles has one and Rexall has a different one. That or they could have their programmers write a little bit of code with an either/or statement that would only allow 1 code per transaction.

They haven't done any of those things so I think corporate doesn't have a huge problem keeping a few of us dedicated shoppers coming back weekly to take advantage.

@stovjeni if you want to share what city you live in we may be able to find a store nearby that will allow the double or triple dip. I know the Rexall my in-laws go to doesn't want to scan more than one for them but the one I go to will.

My haul was similar (minus the vitamins) I had taken screen shots of all of the pics from Donald's post. When I showed each to the cashier...."here's the pic, and here's the barcode".....she was delighted!
I had printed copies of all the coupons so she just had to scan them. Worked like a charm. I am trying to talk my brother into taking me back to Rexall so that I can shop on my Mom's card. I am sure that I will wear him down soon.
Hope all the coupons work for others and thanks @Donald - my hero for all the hard work you do for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter