Airmiles Armchair Chatter

AWESOME suggestions gang! I guess i didn't make myself clear about WHY they need to be Disney owned - they have a dedicated allergy protocol that needs to be followed when dealing with special dietary restrictions but it only applies to restaurants that they own and manage. My diet is extremely limited and difficult to handle but if i contact Disney with a list of restaurants they will have the chefs in turn contact me.
Places I've been considering are Sanna -- but not sure it's worth it since i can't have any spices or seasonings other than salt. Citrico's - but I'd need to look at getting a call from their for sure! menu looks rather specialized. California Grill - yeah , i should have made that reservation months ago -- nothing earlier than 9:30 for the entire 3 weeks 😱. I've heard good things from the allergy community about Whispering Canyon, but again .. spices? Jiko? That's a new one to me! Haven't even looked at it yet!

I've been holding a spot for the new restaurant that will be opening in EPCOT --Space 220 but just learned it's not Disney owned :(

I missed the part about being out of the parks! silly me.

I would say that since you have such good experience with disney chefs making stuff that works for your food needs...what if you take food right out of the equation? Pick the best theme/ambiance/location, and just trust that they’re gonna come up with something great?

You’re the expert, so you’ll know if that doesn’t work. Maybe even with advanced notice, some don’t live up to par. But it’s just a suggestion :)

Email from BMO
it is a opt in targeted email for spend $200.00 through the airmiles shop at Amazon between Nov 29-Dec 2
and get 100 bonus airmiles.

This was the interesting part at the end of the email!
You can also get 20x the Miles when you shop through airmilesshops.ca from November 29 to December 1, 2019.3 Plus, stay tuned for an amazing Cyber Monday offer too!

View attachment 454218
On first thought I was thinking "Great Deal". Then, after thinking about all the hoops you have to go through to print screen every page along the way when doing an airmilesshop.ca shop and then it may not work properly, I figured it isn't worth the $10-20 return for spending $200. Too many players in this offer to guarantee a successful outcome. (BMO, Airmilesshops and Amazon)

Good deal if you have $200 worth of Amazon purchases you were planning on making already.

On first thought I was thinking "Great Deal". Then, after thinking about all the hoops you have to go through to print screen every page along the way when doing an airmilesshop.ca shop and then it may not work properly, I figured it isn't worth the $10-20 return for spending $200. Too many players in this offer to guarantee a successful outcome. (BMO, Airmilesshops and Amazon)

Good deal if you have $200 worth of Amazon purchases you were planning on making already.
@bababear_50, I got that too! And, the $200 doesn't have to be all in one transaction, it is cumulative.

If the offer had been any airmileshop then I would have opted in but,
I have finished all my online shopping except for maybe 1 Indigo shop.
At least I should be able to get the 20x for that.
Hugs
Mel

How long does Indigo take to post? I bought some gift cards (emailed) last week, but haven't seen anything yet.

Donald, were the stuffed chicken cutlets smaller than the quantity needed for the Blue Friday offer? I looked at them and thought they were but by the time I got home I wasn't certain any longer. (Shopping too early in the morning makes my brain foggy)

Did anyone get the stuffed chicken yesterday?

My Blue Friday totals
Foodland
spend $150.27 =555 Airmiles
14 boxes of Prime Chicken (six boxes passed along to family members).
*Note (I had Broccoli & cheese chicken breast for lunch and size appears smaller than in the past).
2 big bottles of Heinz Ketchup
4 bags of Lays chips

Sobeys
Spend $136.73 =670 Airmiles
50 boxes of granola bars
4 bottles sunlight detergent
all donated.

Total Airmiles = 1,225

Both receipts have Shop The Block printed on them.
received STB airmiles
received Base airmiles
received 100 airmiles for spending $100.00 each spend.
received Target airmiles

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I did shop at sobeys yesterday because they had roasts on for good prices and my kid loves meat. I got us some chips and a free case of Pepsi. I only spent $48 and only got 50 AM but kid is happy, roast is in the crockpot for supper tonight and we have chips and Pepsi. I rarely get cases of pop any more so that was a nice bonus for me! Plus two more of the ages I got had the sticky coupon on them so I guess I can get more chips and pop sometime.

Nice to see so many of you did well.

We tried the amazon (airmiles.ca) for shop the block but have no idea if it works. We live in rural alberta so don't know if we will be able to get to 7 as is but definitely need things to work for us to make it. Is there any way to check if it worked. The shop the block airmiles would be so helpful for us getting another ticket to Disneyland before we go!!!

We tried the amazon (airmiles.ca) for shop the block but have no idea if it works. We live in rural alberta so don't know if we will be able to get to 7 as is but definitely need things to work for us to make it. Is there any way to check if it worked. The shop the block airmiles would be so helpful for us getting another ticket to Disneyland before we go!!!

Hi Bossy
Try posting this over here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...h-december-27th.3777167/page-22#post-61286835
Check out Page #1 post 5 re online shopping

Also a few people may be able to help you out with some shops,,
Post over there how many shops you want to achieve and what you plan on doing.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Hi Bossy
Try posting this over here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...h-december-27th.3777167/page-22#post-61286835
Check out Page #1 post 5 re online shopping

Also a few people may be able to help you out with some shops,,
Post over there how many shops you want to achieve and what you plan on doing.
Hugs
Mel
Thanks!!! My wife and I are really getting into airmiles this year as it really helped us make our trip more magical!!! We are going to DL next summer and if we can get a couple more "free" DL tickets it means we have a little more money to spend on treats and such which would make my girls very happy (me too!) How does someone "help" you with shop the block? We would love a little help as I think we can get 5, maybe 6 but 7 will be very tough without driving for a few hours which doesn't really work lol

I first pulled this post over to the thread I've got running specifically for StB -- you should take some time to read thru at least the first page to see if you can find any of the answers to your questions. Then feel free to ask more if I haven't been clear.

Regarding your specific Amazon question: if the miles post to your account (usually the same date as you get the shipping email, but backdated to your order date) then you will know that you completed the order properly. The extra 50 miles for the coupon won't post for several weeks and the final big bonus for completing the entire StB won't post till at LEAST early February so don't count on getting your Disney-Land ticket before that.

I first pulled this post over to the thread I've got running specifically for StB -- you should take some time to read thru at least the first page to see if you can find any of the answers to your questions. Then feel free to ask more if I haven't been clear.

Regarding your specific Amazon question: if the miles post to your account (usually the same date as you get the shipping email, but backdated to your order date) then you will know that you completed the order properly. The extra 50 miles for the coupon won't post for several weeks and the final big bonus for completing the entire StB won't post till at LEAST early February so don't count on getting your Disney-Land ticket before that.
Thanks, I have read it a couple of times and it seems straight forward, I just have a habit of doing it wrong lol. Thanks for all the help, it is truly appreciated!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter