Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well I've been home for two weeks (or so) now... and I want to go back. Or on a cruise, cruise would be more relaxing I think. So come on airmiles! I need to boost those up so I can get a trip planned! Considering doing Universal/SeaWorld combo or one of those plus a cruise, or just a cruise... If I had lots of airmiles I'd consider doing an all inclusive I think.

Oh maybe that Wednesday only will come out with something to combine it with? I could do that, it's pay day so I'll have money for a little bit :)

Also, seeing as the new GE ride has been having some really short wait times (saw a post where someone got on in 10 minutes), I'm wondering if people are waiting for ride two, there are more hurricanes approaching I'm not keeping track of, or it's not doing as well as it could be and in that case maybe we'll get some good Canadian ticket deals coming up.
Just yesterday I was having the 'I NEED to go back' thoughts. I went so far as to look at flights. If I can still book a cheap flight about 2 weeks out I'll seriously consider the first weekend in December. Time wise Frontier has great flights....I can go Thursday night after work and come back on Monday afternoon (I don't work Mondays). DD has never had a chance to see the Christmas stuff. DH might be going to visit his family for two weeks in November so he can't say anything about me going back to WDW.

There are several articles out in the last week about how SWGE is not doing any where near the projections. The general vibe is that people are holding off until it's 100% finished. The Dorian threat on opening weekend caused a large number of cancelations.....I think the estimate was about 35%. I can say from experience that WDW across the board was pretty quiet that weekend.

Does anyone have a link for the Sept. 18 Rexall coupon, or can you steer me in the right direction? I don't see it on the Air Miles site... :confused3
Sorry, I didn't share it yet because I haven't really had access to a computer till now! I'll make a post tomorrow with both (yup, the Duck is fairly confident that Rexall will have one as well)

Oh i just noticed that it's been posted for you!

Has anyone done the Cash in 95AM get 30 AM bonus at Sobeys or Foodland. I was just curious to hear if the bonus AM showed up on your receipt.

I went to Foodland yesterday and cashed in 95AM but nothing other than the use of the 95AM, $10 off showed on the receipt. (easy enough to prove down the road) I was just wondering what others were seeing on their receipts.
Nothing about it on my receipt, either. I'm assuming that they will post it...some time?
hope everyone is muddling along thru this mini drought.
I've been getting discouraged. Things seem to be more work than its worth at this moment. Presidents Choice on the other hand has over $250 ready to be spent (probably for Christmas) It could be because I don't really even have a plan for my AM.
There are several articles out in the last week about how SWGE is not doing any where near the projections. The general vibe is that people are holding off until it's 100% finished. The Dorian threat on opening weekend caused a large number of cancelations.....I think the estimate was about 35%. I can say from experience that WDW across the board was pretty quiet that weekend.
My sister was there last week. She had a blast because she really didn't have waits at all. I think SWGE 30 minutes or less. I believe she mentioned that signs said it was 40, but was definitely a shorter wait than that.

I don’t think those low crowds are going to stay low. I think people were trying to avoid the craziness of the SWGE opening , plus Hurricane Dorian cancellations, plus September is lower crowds to begin with.
Every major blog is screeching from the rooftops about how low the crowds are right now , which should drive up the bookings. And we are heading into October Food and Wine / MNSSHP season. I think we will see a big correction soon .
Though it’s looking like early December when the second ride opens might be when they finally see the big crowds. People have been posting for months that there is nothing available on property for the first week of December. That’s Pop Warner too.

Last edited:

New Rexall survey coupon link, it has changed from the one of Post #1:

Rexall survey coupon, $5 off when you spend $25, expires October 8, 2019
that was part of yesterday's constant refreshing as well! Heck even started that last week, the last time i checked was around 8 last night and it was still showing Sept 11th . It's typically the exact same url for the entire year but doesn't get updated in time maybe twice a year (always when I want to try to use it :P ) thanks for letting us know it's active once again!!!

cheeky Rexall, it's a different url now, I'm thinking they're working hard at closing loopholes

that was part of yesterday's constant refreshing as well! Heck even started that last week, the last time i checked was around 8 last night and it was still showing Sept 11th . It's typically the exact same url for the entire year but doesn't get updated in time maybe twice a year (always when I want to try to use it :P ) thanks for letting us know it's active once again!!!

2+ years ago, the link name changed every month, link had date of new coupon in it. This morning, seeing it as September 11 still, I decided to do a survey in hopes of still getting one. Sure enough, link is date specific.

There are several articles out in the last week about how SWGE is not doing any where near the projections. The general vibe is that people are holding off until it's 100% finished.

I am so hyped for SWGE but I am waiting because I am hoping that the ROR ride will be as phenomenal as it sounds. As much as I love Star Wars I know I cannot convince DH to go more than once in the next few years. The cost to go to Disney for our family of four has become so expensive, never mind the USD exchange that I just cant get him to go. I think what pushed him over the edge was paying almost a hundred USD for 4 really dry and tasteless burgers, fries and drinks at Cosmic Rays during the last time we went to MVMCP. Thank goodness for Air Miles and all of you guys. I have one 5 day non expiring pass that I purchased a while back when you all suggested "investing" in them before they changed to expiring. It is my little bit of a dream that I am holding on to!

I'm about to put in an order for $200+ at Staples...anyone know of an airmiles coupon for Staples.ca? :)

Thank goodness for Air Miles and all of you guys. I have one 5 day non expiring pass that I purchased a while back when you all suggested "investing" in them before they changed to expiring. It is my little bit of a dream that I am holding on to!

I'm in a similar boat. I was able to snag two of those non expiring ones. I'm hoping that between AM, PC points, and other cc rewards...we can do a trip fairly cheap. I keep pricing out different ways to go there. I keep hinting about how much they would love to go ( hubby and boys have never been there ) and that once he went he would want to go back ( which he always said he would hate Mexico...and he LOVED our trip ) and he knows I'm right :poop: :rolleyes1 lol

So for now...I'll keep dreaming...planning and changing plans...and keep squirreling away my rewards, funds from upcycling furniture. It's just hard for him to justify a trip like that when we have financial goals that we are close to achieving in 2 years once the youngest graduates and being debt free. But I will keep dreaming to get through our long cold ugly winters

I'm in a similar boat. I was able to snag two of those non expiring ones. I'm hoping that between AM, PC points, and other cc rewards...we can do a trip fairly cheap. I keep pricing out different ways to go there. I keep hinting about how much they would love to go ( hubby and boys have never been there ) and that once he went he would want to go back ( which he always said he would hate Mexico...and he LOVED our trip ) and he knows I'm right :poop: :rolleyes1 lol

So for now...I'll keep dreaming...planning and changing plans...and keep squirreling away my rewards, funds from upcycling furniture. It's just hard for him to justify a trip like that when we have financial goals that we are close to achieving in 2 years once the youngest graduates and being debt free. But I will keep dreaming to get through our long cold ugly winters

debt free is a huge deal!!

I’m with all of you. Financial goals have changed big time, we just bought a house, we are working on being debt free ( except for mortgage ). Nothing about these goals says “Hey, lets travel!” However I also feel very strongly about enjoying life while we’re healthy and able and our kids want to come with us. I won’t get this time back. So we are trying to find a balance.
We are working PC, Airmiles, and Credit Card rewards for all they are worth . Between gifts, rewards, couponing , cash back apps, staying offsite, being willing to cook on vacation etc , our next trip will be under $600 Canadian for three of us .. the rest was done without taking from the regular budget. That was two years of accumulating though.
I’m already accumulating miles and points for some other trip in 2021. It’s less frequent and doesn’t have to cost a lot out of pocket. We just work too hard and we are too worn out to never have any time away . There’s a balance and rewards programs help me find it . :sunny:

I’m with all of you. Financial goals have changed big time, we just bought a house, we are working on being debt free ( except for mortgage ). Nothing about these goals says “Hey, lets travel!” However I also feel very strongly about enjoying life while we’re healthy and able and our kids want to come with us. I won’t get this time back. So we are trying to find a balance.
We are working PC, Airmiles, and Credit Card rewards for all they are worth . Between gifts, rewards, couponing , cash back apps, staying offsite, being willing to cook on vacation etc , our next trip will be under $600 Canadian for three of us .. the rest was done without taking from the regular budget. That was two years of accumulating though.
I’m already accumulating miles and points for some other trip in 2021. It’s less frequent and doesn’t have to cost a lot out of pocket. We just work too hard and we are too worn out to never have any time away . There’s a balance and rewards programs help me find it . :sunny:

All of this applies to me as well! DH would rather just stay home and do nothing and pay bills. I tell him "Okay, but what if when we finally are debt free we can't walk or take an airplane, have no one around to make memories with, etc" Life can very quickly pass you by in a flash...

That's awesome!!

I'm starting anew with PC and Air Miles. My Air Miles are currently at 1,256 miles and I have $41 in PC Optimum. I need to save up for August's 2020 cruise miscellaneous expenses (luggage, uber, drinks, spending money) and James & I made definite plans for the Awaga Canyon Train Tour in Sepember 2020. He really wants to do this. We were suppose to a couple years back but did not. Now I read that unless another agreement/contract is made, the current 10 year contract ends after the 2020 Tourism season and the tour future is in the wind. I changed my husband's Air Miles card to cash miles and will "cash out" and put aside that money, along with the PC money, for both those trips. In the meantime, my Air Miles card will stay dream and save up for an Alaska cruise probably 3 years or so down the road.

Last edited:
ONE DAY ONLY bonus offer Wednesday August 18th
To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips:
  1. BOTH bar codes MUST be scanned, neither can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 2 different codes scanned
  5. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger You can even try getting them to type in the bar code number, that will also work
  6. You can use the coupons multiple times, so if you can make more than 1 $50 transaction, GO FOR IT
  7. Depending on the store you might be able to use the survey coupon for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 I would be careful with this though, is $5 worth the potential $10 the Airmiles represents? Link for that is HERE
Two separate coupons from 2 different sources
Coupon # 1 came from Rexall the barcode from this one is 417000052500
Link to the coupon is HERE
Image if you prefer
436645 Just the barcode 436646

Coupon # 2 comes from the Airmiles, both on the website and by tomorrow the APP, barcode is 417000052494
Link to the coupon is HERE
Image if you prefer

436647 Just the barcode 436648

I was doing the Rexall post, trying to get it done before i need to leave to go get purdy (ok, hair cut, about as close to anything beauty related for me :P ) and the dang phone rang. My mom can talk about the same stuff for EVER .. let me know if any error in links slipped past me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!