Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sobeys (Ontario) has a get 25 AM when you redeem 95. But I can't read the small print :) I think it says one per collector. Can anyone (with better eyes or zoom) confirm that?
Also - buy a $60 Netflix card and get 75 AM. Which seems like a good return on that.

I see your point. One per collector account, I can confirm, usual exclusions, offer valid June 6-12, 4-6 weeks for Miles to appear on collector account.

I just made my goal of 9500 Cash AM for my summer road trip. And to think, DH didn’t think it was possible last year!
Isn't it great when we can get rewarded for items we would regularly purchase...that we can then put towards something so much fun that creates wonderful lasting memories!!!!
I was able to save over 2000.00 in travel vouchers for our dd destination wedding. It certainly helped when making that final payment on the trip!!!!!

Now I'm just collecting to see what we might use it towards. The hubby ( who previous to the dd destination wedding was convinced he wouldn't like Mexico, travelling with the kids etc etc etc = excuses ) LOVED our trip, and he keeps sees now that our bank account could handle it...and it seems to have given him a bit of the travel bug lol. So I'm back to collecting what I can to put towards another trip!!!!

All good things come to an end. I only ever went there to get GC during a promotion. It was a nice store but out of the way for me to shop at. Farm Boy will be a nice addition to the neighbourhood.

Other options for promotions do exist across the river for those of us in the Ottawa area. Maybe Farm Boy will start offering AM (?)...

Oooh, any chances that Farm Boy will be coming towards Toronto anytime soon? Transplanted Ottawa person here who missed them...

Love Farm Boy. We have two in London-a bit of a drive for us, but when we are in either area, we always stop. We love their fresh made sausages-Canadian, Thai, Greek. . . .

Oooh, any chances that Farm Boy will be coming towards Toronto anytime soon? Transplanted Ottawa person here who missed them...
There is a Farm Boy in Pickering at the Pickering Town Centre. Not Toronto but close.

Since Rexall seems to run Beauty events every Thursday, I finally got around to letting Rexall know about the difficulties of shopping on such a day. I had an awesome customer service rep run a query on their database which resulted in the report below of the categories currently considered "beauty" event products. Sorry for the formatting (BOLD is from her database, unbolded at the bottom were some specific items I asked about).

Thank you for your email.

This is what is included in our Thursday Beauty event.

NAME
COSMETIC BATH
SEASONAL COSMETIC BATH
COSMETIC BATH ACCESSORIES
BATH/SHOWER GELS

EYE MAKEUP
LIP COLOUR
FACE MAKEUP
NAIL CARE
SKINCARE & MAKEUP REMOVER
EYE MAKE UP
LIP COLOR
FACE MAKE UP
COSMETIC BRUSHES

COTTON PADS/SWABS
EYELASHES
COSMETIC ACCESSORIES - This means brushes, no cosmetic bags or travel size bags
BRUSHES

FRAGRANCE MENS
FRAGRANCE LADIES

DERM SUNCARE
DERM IMPULSE
DERM HAIRCARE
DERM FACE CARE
DERM BODY CARE

HAND & FOOT TREATMENTS
NAIL POLISHES
NAIL POLISH REMOVERS
ARTIFICIAL NAILS
NAIL TREATMENTS
NAIL UV GEL

NATURAL SKINCARE
SKIN CLEANSERS
HAND & BODY LTN & CRM
CLEANSING WIPES
FACE MOISTURIZERS
SUN CARE
SUN CARE SUNLESS
MASKS
SEASONAL SKINCARE SETS
SPECIALTY SKIN CARE
ACNE CLEANSING
ACNE CREAMS & COVERS

SHAMPOO
MEDICATED HAIRCARE
CONDITIONER
HAIR FIXATIVES & PERMS
PROFESSIONAL HAIR CARE
MULTICULTURAL HAIR & SKIN

PERMANENT HAIR COLOUR
TONE ON TONE HAIR COLOUR
SEMI PERMANENT HAIR COLOUR
SPECIALTY HAIR COLOUR

Not included (these were items I specifically asked about)
Sunglasses or reading glasses? Glasses or sunglasses are not included
razors, shaving cream? not included
Any deodorant? Not included
Fine print says natural skin care? Does this include Tom's deodorant? Not included
Travel sizes? Travel Size is not included
Bath products? All? Not Included
Sets? not included
Eos? NO
Burts bees? Depends if this is under the skin category

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Note: someone on this thread has purchased epsom salts successfully I recall and I have purchased essential oils as "beauty" as well.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that a number of years ago I recall an issue where I was told that lip care isn't considered skin care in the "beauty" industry. I'm definitely not the most informed but this does seem consistent here where lip products such as EOS and Burt's Bees are lip products and not considered "skin care". So lip products that are cosmetics are included, otherwise not.

Last edited:
Since Rexall seems to run Beauty events every Thursday, I finally got around to letting Rexall know about the difficulties of shopping on such a day. I had an awesome customer service rep run a query on their database which resulted in the report below of the categories currently considered "beauty" event products. Sorry for the formatting (BOLD is from her database, unbolded at the bottom were some specific items I asked about).

Thank you for your email.

This is what is included in our Thursday Beauty event.

NAME
COSMETIC BATH
SEASONAL COSMETIC BATH
COSMETIC BATH ACCESSORIES
BATH/SHOWER GELS

EYE MAKEUP
LIP COLOUR
FACE MAKEUP
NAIL CARE
SKINCARE & MAKEUP REMOVER
EYE MAKE UP
LIP COLOR
FACE MAKE UP
COSMETIC BRUSHES

COTTON PADS/SWABS
EYELASHES
COSMETIC ACCESSORIES - This means brushes, no cosmetic bags or travel size bags
BRUSHES

FRAGRANCE MENS
FRAGRANCE LADIES

DERM SUNCARE
DERM IMPULSE
DERM HAIRCARE
DERM FACE CARE
DERM BODY CARE

HAND & FOOT TREATMENTS
NAIL POLISHES
NAIL POLISH REMOVERS
ARTIFICIAL NAILS
NAIL TREATMENTS
NAIL UV GEL

NATURAL SKINCARE
SKIN CLEANSERS
HAND & BODY LTN & CRM
CLEANSING WIPES
FACE MOISTURIZERS
SUN CARE
SUN CARE SUNLESS
MASKS
SEASONAL SKINCARE SETS
SPECIALTY SKIN CARE
ACNE CLEANSING
ACNE CREAMS & COVERS

SHAMPOO
MEDICATED HAIRCARE
CONDITIONER
HAIR FIXATIVES & PERMS
PROFESSIONAL HAIR CARE
MULTICULTURAL HAIR & SKIN

PERMANENT HAIR COLOUR
TONE ON TONE HAIR COLOUR
SEMI PERMANENT HAIR COLOUR
SPECIALTY HAIR COLOUR

Not included (these were items I specifically asked about)
Sunglasses or reading glasses? Glasses or sunglasses are not included
razors, shaving cream? not included
Any deodorant? Not included
Fine print says natural skin care? Does this include Tom's deodorant? Not included
Travel sizes? Travel Size is not included
Bath products? All? Not Included
Sets? not included
Eos? NO
Burts bees? Depends if this is under the skin category

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Note: someone on this thread has purchased epsom salts successfully I recall and I have purchased essential oils as "beauty" as well.

That’s great! It would be nice if this list could be saved at the beginning of the thread maybe? @Donald - my hero ?

That’s great! It would be nice if this list could be saved at the beginning of the thread maybe? @Donald - my hero ?

I just cut and pasted it into word so I can find it when I need it. I've had issues with the facial cleansing wipes being allowed in the past. Now that I know they are included I may shop with list in tow to argue the point if needed at the checkout.

There is also one at Lakeshore and Leslie just east of the DVP. Lots of free parking and I just love the incredible salad bar. I hit it for lunch when I am in the studio district for work

I'll check later to see if I can squish it into the first post. I'm not sure how much fits in a post, maybe I can fiddle around with it and insert it as a file/picture. I'm not promising to get it done today but I've just added a hyperlink to your post in the first post within the section about Rexall. Thanks for sharing that it will help a bunch of people out -- can you imagine how much of a game changer this could be on a week with a double coupon??!?! Spend $50 and get 300 AM! That would be A-MAZ-ING

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter