Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The 80 for 80 might just be in our area here north of TO but still in the GTA. The flyers mentioned just about 5 stores, so not sure how far spread it is.
The pickings since they started are getting slim, might have to start rotating CC to get the bonus points.

I love seeing about the deals here! I was semi-serious this summer and got enough for a 5-day pass, now I am only about 900 away from a pass for my DD for our trip in April. Then I relaised I need to get the pass by Feb in order to make FP bookings, so need to seriously get on this! I will watch for the great deals coming out next week as only a couple of the metro ones are good for me this week and like PP have no need for any beauty products at Rexall and I really tried to think of anything to get those 100 miles!

Also, has anyone here transferred miles from one account to another? And if so, did you pay the 15cents/mile fee or were you able to reduce that somehow? If I combine my miles with my mom's, I have enough for the pass now, but don't really want to spend over $100 to do it!

How many miles do you need for a 5 day pass? Is it the same for an adult and a child????

No, I think it is 3350 for an adult and 3100 for a child. They also have 3 and 7 day passes for each, I think they are 200 miles less and more, respectively. So worst case, I will see about getting a 3 day pass for DD (if I don't get all the way to 3100) and then add days when we get there.

No, I think it is 3350 for an adult and 3100 for a child. They also have 3 and 7 day passes for each, I think they are 200 miles less and more, respectively. So worst case, I will see about getting a 3 day pass for DD (if I don't get all the way to 3100) and then add days when we get there.

3 day tickets are 3350 for adult & 3125 for child. I believe it goes up from there to the 5 & 7 day tickets (I think there was an increase a couple months ago?)

I am not sure about that, I redeemed them last week at 3350 for an adult...

"Thank you for ordering an AIR MILES® reward. Here's a quick recap, just for your records:

Item - Reward miles
Walt Disney World Resort Florida 5-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket - Adult x 1 - 3,350"

Maybe it was a bug and they gave them to me cheap, but I will take it either way!!

Interesting. I was just looking at the airmiles site (because I have 3000 AM right now so am wondering how many more I need) and it was 3350 for a 3-day ticket, 3550 for 5-day. I am only Gold though, perhaps you have Onyx or something? Or they raised the cost again. 7-day is 3775 (these are for adults). The kids were 3125, 3325 & 3550. Either way I need to keep earning lol.

Interesting. I was just looking at the airmiles site (because I have 3000 AM right now so am wondering how many more I need) and it was 3350 for a 3-day ticket, 3550 for 5-day. I am only Gold though, perhaps you have Onyx or something? Or they raised the cost again. 7-day is 3775 (these are for adults). The kids were 3125, 3325 & 3550. Either way I need to keep earning lol.
I was looking last night and they did indeed go up. I'm trying my hardest to get to ONE 7 day ticket and they keep raising the price. I feel like Charlie Brown when he goes to kick the football and as soon as he gets close Lucy pulls it away.:rolleyes:

Damn, of course they raised it right before I had enough to get a 5-day pass! :furious:

Nope I just got my Onyx level and they are the same points. Just jumped in the last 2 weeks, wondering if its because of the dollar?

Wow! You are completely right, I think I may have ordered on the last day and saved 200 miles!! Now I have to find a way to get a few hundred more in the next 4 weeks!

Rexall should have a spend $50 get 50 AM, the deals at Sobeys and Metro didn't look too great starting tomorrow. I keep saving and feel like I'm not getting anywhere because they keep changing the target! Now I'm wondering if I should just spend the miles I have one my flight and pay cash for my son's... still have to pay $600 for the two of us for late May, but perhaps it's worth it.

I went in last night to Metro to get some of their sales before the changeover and was surprised at how many they had that I didn't remember seeing in the flyer. It was after kids' bedtime and I was alone, so I took a nice stroll through all the aisles and ended up finding quite a few. No fabulous finds, but walked out with 91 new miles.

I went in last night to Metro to get some of their sales before the changeover and was surprised at how many they had that I didn't remember seeing in the flyer. It was after kids' bedtime and I was alone, so I took a nice stroll through all the aisles and ended up finding quite a few. No fabulous finds, but walked out with 91 new miles.
I'm going to have to check Sobey's for this more often. I really plan out what I am going for, but the drawback is I don't pay enough attention to the unadvertised deals.

Something I would like to point out to everyone is to check receipts while still at the store. I don't know if it's just my Sobeys but they short change me for miles pretty much every time I shop there. I am constantly having to point out things in their flyer. They never give me a hard time about adding them, but I wish they would just get their own promos right. If someone wasn't paying close attention they would lose out all the time.

Something I would like to point out to everyone is to check receipts while still at the store. I don't know if it's just my Sobeys but they short change me for miles pretty much every time I shop there. I am constantly having to point out things in their flyer. They never give me a hard time about adding them, but I wish they would just get their own promos right. If someone wasn't paying close attention they would lose out all the time.

I second this. When I shop anywhere for airmiles I have a piece of paper that I write down what I bought and how many airmiles I should get. I add it up quickly beforce going through the cash. If the airmiles on the receipt aren't there I go through the receipt and compare it against my list and get my points before I leave the store. Last week Sobey's didn't credit any of my loaded offers. I had a printout of the offers so they quickly added them to my account. I think I can probably count on one hand the number of weeks I've walked out of the store without having to get them to make a correction. I swear they should hire me as the airmiles police for their store I'm always finding errors.

You'd be amazed at how many airmiles you can add by walking the aisles for the unadvertised airmiles. I walk and quickly scan for those little blue tags.

I second this. When I shop anywhere for airmiles I have a piece of paper that I write down what I bought and how many airmiles I should get. I add it up quickly beforce going through the cash. If the airmiles on the receipt aren't there I go through the receipt and compare it against my list and get my points before I leave the store. Last week Sobey's didn't credit any of my loaded offers. I had a printout of the offers so they quickly added them to my account. I think I can probably count on one hand the number of weeks I've walked out of the store without having to get them to make a correction. I swear they should hire me as the airmiles police for their store I'm always finding errors.

I agree and find that for most stores for their pricing too. I also now look to see if there is a single sale tag on a shelf for an item where none of the like ones are marked. That often means they forgot to take the tag down and it will likely ring in at the higher price, but they are supposed to give it to you free (up to $10) if the correct price doesn't show, so I often get them free. All the ways I save money and actually get the entitled Air Miles when I go on my own and aren't trying to pay attention, pack groceries and deal with screaming kids!!

I don't have kids in tow any longer but I totally appreciate what you're saying. It's kind of a sad statement when the only peace you get is time by yourself at the grocery store:laundy:. There is a light at the end of the mothering tunnel. I can see it! Now if I could only get my 20something children to launch themselves from the house.

Just saw an add on TV for 50 airmiles when you request a no obligation quote from Manulife for their FlexCare Benefits. Haven't decided if I'll do it but I thought I would put it out there.

Should have looked at the actual site before posting this, turns out it depends on what province you live in. You get 15 for the quote and 50 when you sign on.>:(

Last edited:
For Sobey's shoppers, you can go onto the Sobeys website and sign in with your airmiles card and get personalized offers. Most people are aware I'm sure, but I thought I would mention it in case someone wasn't. For example, one of my offers for this week is "Spend 70 get 60 airmiles". I'll probably spend right around that amount this weekend. Between the personal offer and the regular offers I should get another 100 airmiles tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter