Airmiles ALERT!! Current week's offers start on page 1091

Donald - my hero

<font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
***** UPDATE your miles will no longer expire!!! ****
To protect your account be sure to LOCK YOUR CASH ACCOUNT!
• The new daily redemption limit has increased to $750 (7,125 miles) on in-store AIR MILES Cash transactions across , per Collector Cash Account, per day. The cap for in-store AIR MILES Cash redemptions at Shell remains at $60 (570 Cash Miles) per transaction, for up to 5 transactions a day.
• AIR MILES Cash Miles can no longer be used to redeem for gift cards, prepaid credit cards or other similar items.

Welcome to the Airmiles hunt! You've found the best community to be a part of if you're looking for hints to increase your earning ratio. Join in the discussion and share both your successes and your epic failures. You'll find links to the flyers for the upcoming weekend posted here on Wednesdays and the title will be updated to reflect the page where the chatter about the upcoming shopping trips starts. If you are looking for a quick response feel free to tag me, glance thru for my posts (easy to spot because they're all this style) or just ask because someone will be willing to help.

There are 3 different timelines for reporting missing miles:

• Base miles --60 days
  • Bonus miles -- 120 days
  • Bonus miles for ONLINE shopping -- 75 days

Use this website to calculate WHEN you can chase down those missing miles
Calculate a Date

If you are missing miles you can either try online chat or use this form to report them

Report Missing Miles

The current offers start here
Offers for October 17th - 24th

REXALL
Rexall Ontario Flyer
Rexall West Flyer

Every Thursday Rexall has a "beauty Event" during which if you spend $50 on specific products you will earn 100 AM. Here's a direct link to a post that includes a list of these items.
Beauty Items Included in Thursday bonus events
There's also a chart attached to the bottom of this post with the list of items included

You can get targeted offers for bonus AirMiles at Rexall loaded to your card.

How Load and Go offers work
To sign up for these offers go to this page and enter your collector number.
Load and Go offers for Rexall
Here's a coupon that will give you $5.00 off if you spend $25.00 or more at Rexall. The results from using this coupon vary store to store. Some will apply it pre-tax and others treat it more like a gift card and apply it post-tax. Some stores allow you to use it with other coupons (like the bonus Miles) while others won't let it combine with any. SO this is a case of asking before you try to use it to determine if it will be of any benefit to you or not
$5.00 off when you Spend $25.00 or more Valid till November 5th

Sobeys
Sobeys Atlantic Flyer
Sobeys Urban Fresh
Sobeys Ontario Flyer
Sobeys West Flyer

Foodland
Foodland Ontario Flyer
Foodland Atlantic Flyer

Co-Op
Co-op Atlantic Flyer

IGA
IGA Quebec Flyer
IGA Western Flyer

Safeway
Safeway Western Flyer

To sign up for targeted offers that are good at Sobeys , Foodland, Co-OP & Safeway go to this page and fill in your information
My Offers sign up page

Metro
Metro Ontario Flyer
Be sure to sign up for a Metro Account to get targeted coupons
Metro Account Sign up

Shell
Offers pop up here often that are open to everyone as well as targeted offers that come via email. You can check their website to see what the current offers are in your region using this link:
Shell In-Store Bonus Mile Offers
There seems to be 2 different sets of offers running currently, check out this link as well
Get 100s of AIR MILES Reward Miles this summer!

Airmiles Online Shopping
Most of these stores don't offer Airmiles in their brick and mortar stores ... Indigo, Amazon, E-Bay - the list is long and varied.

Earn Airmiles by Shopping On-Line
Be sure to carefully read the instructions to guarantee you earn the miles.
Amazon's for example :
In order to get Miles on your Amazon.ca purchase, you must follow the below steps:

1. Enter your AIR MILES Collector Number on airmilesshops.ca
  2. Click on the Shop Now button below
  3. Add items to your shopping cart on Amazon.ca (you will not receive miles if there were items in your shopping cart prior to clicking the Shop Now button on airmilesshops.ca)
  4. Complete the transaction on Amazon.ca
(You must complete all four steps in a single web session — make sure that you do not close the window, or log off your computer before completing the transaction)

Please note: AIR MILES® reward miles will not be earned on Amazon Gift Cards, Amazon Prime Sign-up, Books, eBooks, Groceries, Automotive supplies, Tools & Home Improvement, books, or Kindle devices or Kindle eBooks.

A topic that pops up often, both in this thread and in separate threads, is the number of miles that are needed to redeem for Disney tickets. This is the information that has been collected from reports of DISers over the last few years, please let me know if you have any values to add to the list!

October 3rd, 2013 - 7 day base ticket =2675 miles
September 2014 -5 day base ticket = 2500 miles
January 2015 - 5 day base ticket = 2500 miles
September 5th, 2015 - 5 day base ticket = 3350 miles
2017 - 7 day base ticket = 3375 miles
February 2017 - 5 day base Child's CDN Discounted ticket = 2850 miles
February 2017 - 5 day base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket = 2950 miles
January 4, 2018 - 7 day Base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket = 4500 miles
April 2019 - 7 day base ticket with FLex start day = 6400 miles
October 2019 - 5 day base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4725 miles
October 2019 - 7 day base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4850 miles
October 2019 - 5 day base Child's CDN Discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4545 miles
October 2019 - 7 day base Child's CDN Discount ticket with Flex start day = 4675 miles
October 2019 - 3 day base Adult's NON-discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4650 miles
October 2019 - 5 day base Adult's NON-discounted ticket with Flex start day = 5900 miles
October 2019 - 7 day base Adult's NON-discounted ticket with Flex start day = 6050 miles

Attachments

Last edited:

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
REXALL BEAUTY EVENT INFO: From Poster ***Days In The Sun***
Since Rexall seems to run Beauty events every Thursday, I finally got around to letting Rexall know about the difficulties of shopping on such a day. I had an awesome customer service rep run a query on their database which resulted in the report below of the categories currently considered "beauty" event products. Sorry for the formatting (BOLD is from her database, unbolded at the bottom were some specific items I asked about).

Thank you for your email.

This is what is included in our Thursday Beauty event.

NAME
COSMETIC BATH
SEASONAL COSMETIC BATH
COSMETIC BATH ACCESSORIES
BATH/SHOWER GELS

EYE MAKEUP
LIP COLOUR
FACE MAKEUP
NAIL CARE
SKINCARE & MAKEUP REMOVER
EYE MAKE UP
LIP COLOR
FACE MAKE UP
COSMETIC BRUSHES

COTTON PADS/SWABS
EYELASHES
COSMETIC ACCESSORIES - This means brushes, no cosmetic bags or travel size bags
BRUSHES

FRAGRANCE MENS
FRAGRANCE LADIES

DERM SUNCARE
DERM IMPULSE
DERM HAIRCARE
DERM FACE CARE
DERM BODY CARE

HAND & FOOT TREATMENTS
NAIL POLISHES
NAIL POLISH REMOVERS
ARTIFICIAL NAILS
NAIL TREATMENTS
NAIL UV GEL

NATURAL SKINCARE
SKIN CLEANSERS
HAND & BODY LTN & CRM
CLEANSING WIPES
FACE MOISTURIZERS
SUN CARE
SUN CARE SUNLESS
MASKS
SEASONAL SKINCARE SETS
SPECIALTY SKIN CARE
ACNE CLEANSING
ACNE CREAMS & COVERS

SHAMPOO
MEDICATED HAIRCARE
CONDITIONER
HAIR FIXATIVES & PERMS
PROFESSIONAL HAIR CARE
MULTICULTURAL HAIR & SKIN

PERMANENT HAIR COLOUR
TONE ON TONE HAIR COLOUR
SEMI PERMANENT HAIR COLOUR
SPECIALTY HAIR COLOUR

Not included (these were items I specifically asked about)
Sunglasses or reading glasses? Glasses or sunglasses are not included
razors, shaving cream? not included
Any deodorant? Not included
Fine print says natural skin care? Does this include Tom's deodorant? Not included
Travel sizes? Travel Size is not included
Bath products? All? Not Included
Sets? not included
Eos? NO
Burts bees? Depends if this is under the skin category

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Note: someone on this thread has purchased epsom salts successfully I recall and I have purchased essential oils as "beauty" as well.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that a number of years ago I recall an issue where I was told that lip care isn't considered skin care in the "beauty" industry. I'm definitely not the most informed but this does seem consistent here where lip products such as EOS and Burt's Bees are lip products and not considered "skin care". So lip products that are cosmetics are included, otherwise not.

PDF for easy printing~~Thanks* Donald~~My `Hero*
Attachments

Last edited:
  • dancin Disney style

<font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa
    Today is the last day but Metro has spend $100 get 100 AM. There is also a Mega Miles coupon for 110 AM when you spend $100 which expires today.

So today you can earn 215 AM on a $100 purchase and then if you pay via a AM credit card that will earn you 10 more plus any instore bonus offers.

Unfortunate for me I don't think I could spend $100 today on groceries. My fridge is pretty full. Too bad Metro doesn't price match....some other stores are having really good sales this week and I would spend the money stocking up if I could get the AM.

mort1331

DIS Veteran
    Going to need those extra miles seeing as they just raised the rates to get a 5 day pass

dancin Disney style

Going to need those extra miles seeing as they just raised the rates to get a 5 day pass
    Yes, I saw that. Must be the exchange rate. Sort of wishing I had redeemed last week but can't complain....getting my tickets thanks to Sobey's.:rolleyes1

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
    So I went to metro today and bought
    $106.68 in groceries. sub total
    $110.93 total bill

this is what my bill said
    base airmiles earned 5
    bonus airmiles earned 10
    Bonus coupon (I had printed this off Mega Miles coupon) 110 airmiles
    total airmiles earned 125
    I went to customer counter to question the current spend $100.00 get 100 points to which I was told these will show up later on my account. He said they don't show up on the receipt ?
    Does this sound normal (right)?

Thanks
    Hugs Mel

• dancin Disney style

$110.93 total bill

base airmiles earned 5
    bonus airmiles earned 10
    I went to customer counter to question the current spend $100.00 get 100 points to which I was told these will show up later on my account. He said they don't show up on the receipt ?

Thanks
    Hugs Mel
    It's been a while since I've shopped at Metro with that deal and I'm pretty sure the miles come later.

hdrolfe

DIS Veteran
    $110.93 total bill

base airmiles earned 5
    bonus airmiles earned 10

Thanks
    Hugs Mel
    There is some small print at the bottom of the flyer page that says the bonus will not appear on your receipt but will be credited within 4 to 6 weeks (it's small, I'm reading online so I might have it a bit wrong but you could check if you have a paper flyer?)

Marbel

Mouseketeer
    Yes, I saw that. Must be the exchange rate. Sort of wishing I had redeemed last week but can't complain....getting my tickets thanks to Sobey's.:rolleyes1
    Yeah I'm definitely wishing I had redeemed last week. :mad::mad::mad: I went ahead and redeemed today before they go up again. :mad:

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
    It's been a while since I've shopped at Metro with that deal and I'm pretty sure the miles come later.
    There is some small print at the bottom of the flyer page that says the bonus will not appear on your receipt but will be credited within 4 to 6 weeks (it's small, I'm reading online so I might have it a bit wrong but you could check if you have a paper flyer?)

Thanks guys
    I do have a flyer and it does say the points will not be on the cash register receipt but will be credited 4-6 weeks.
    this is great to know.
    Thanks and
    Hugs Mel

• Donald - my hero

URGH!! we missed the bonus points at Metro by would you believe ... 2.15??? The stupid till at the self-check doesn't show the breakdown before tax dang!!!

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
    URGH!! we missed the bonus points at Metro by would you believe ... 2.15??? The stupid till at the self-check doesn't show the breakdown before tax dang!!!
    Shoot!
    I'm sorry this happened Hon.
    I know one of the cashiers at Rexall recently told me that they have been told they have to tell people if they are a few dollars away from getting airmiles.
    I would have been tempted to do a return.
    Better days ahead.
    Hugs Mel

damo

Proud Redhead
    I find that Guest Services at Metro is very good at giving you points if something got messed up. I would take that receipt back to them and see if there is something they can do.

dancin Disney style

I find that Guest Services at Metro is very good at giving you points if something got messed up. I would take that receipt back to them and see if there is something they can do.
    Yes, they are very good but there is a limit as to the courtesy miles they can give. It's around 20. You would do much better contacting AM through the missing miles link on their site. They always give you way more than what you were supposed to get in the first place. Even though this is not missing miles I would take this route.

Donald - my hero

Shoot!
    I'm sorry this happened Hon.
    I know one of the cashiers at Rexall recently told me that they have been told they have to tell people if they are a few dollars away from getting airmiles.
    I would have been tempted to do a return.
    Better days ahead.
    Hugs Mel
    Well, since it was groceries ti would be a pain to return everything and since we didn't notice till we were putting everything away phooey! And if in fact I was in the right i would head into customer service since they know us very well ... but we clearly didn't make the before tax total needed. Could kick myself :(

dancin Disney style

Hi
    I need some help to understand this
    I see I can spend $30.00 this weekend at Rexall and get a $10.00 Rexall gift coupon.
    Can these 10.00 Rexall gift coupons be used to buy $10.00 Starbucks cards?

I read the fine print on the last page but find it confusing.

http://www.rexall.ca/eflyer?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept10-beautybook

Thanks
    Mel
    I'm wondering if you could combine the spend $50 on cosmetics with the $30/$10 gift card deal and get both the 100 AM and GC.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates