Airlines ??

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
Which airline dont charge baggage fees???

How do i find the best deal- do i go through airline or other?

Looking for good roundtrip deal from Ontario ca or LAX to seattle for a family of 3
departure date June 11,12 or 13th returning on June 21 after 2pm

Southwest doesnt charge bag fees but there are plane changes and we have a dd12 and dont want to deal with getting split up. American virgin and alaska had good deals but charge bag fees
any advice ??

I find searching for flight prices easier on Bing, Yahoo, and Expedia type websites, but then I book directly with the airline. If anything happens and you book through Expedia or something, they're the ones that took your money and then you have to deal with them, not the airline.

Generally the prices are the same, although occasionally they'll find two legs of your flight with two different airlines to make the one direction cheaper. I'm also not sure how baggage handles it, but I'm assuming they have a way to keep things moving along.

How important is it to have extra bags?? Do you need 3 bags checked or just one? Don't forget to take full advantage of your on board allowance. I usually pack my carry on suitcase and bring my bookbag with snacks and things to do, but if I need the space, I'll use my dufflebag. One to go overhead and one to go at my feet. If you do use a suitcase, use up to your maximum allowance of 50 pounds per bag.

Southwest does not charge for the first two checked bags per passenger. JetBlue does not charge for one bag per passenger. All other airlines have varying amounts of baggage fees for all checked luggage, usually around $20 or more for the first bag per passenger, escalating with the number of bags checked per passenger. If you fly any airline other than Southwest or JetBlue, you should plan to pay checked luggage fees unless you (or someone you are traveling with) are an elite flyer with that airline. Some may have exceptions for international flights. Check the airline's website as to whether flights to/from Canada count as international flights for luggage fee purposes.

nevermind. I checked prices and swa went up $50 and alaska went up $53 per person per each way. I think with gas prices plus summer travel rates are going to skyrocket! I paid $3.89 today for regular 87 gas:sad2: one place was over $4

I do have to say-- yes, Virgin America charges for bags, but if you can get your stuff into one suitcase for the whole family (plus whatever is in your carry-ons), it's not bad. We LOVE flying VA. I hope they open the corridor from NY to MCO soon. Their TV's are great, plus if you want something to drink, you can order it from your TV and they'll bring it to you-- no waiting for the one time around beverage cart! We also had amazing flight crews, too-- they brewed a fresh pot of coffee for DBF without him even requesting it!

Jet Blue doesn't charge bag fees for the 1st checked bag and they don't charge seat selection fees unless you want a premium exit row seat.

I personally love Jet Blue but their prices can be higher sometimes since they don't charge separately for these various fees like other airlines do.

Which airline dont charge baggage fees???

How do i find the best deal- do i go through airline or other?

Looking for good roundtrip deal from Ontario ca or LAX to seattle for a family of 3
departure date June 11,12 or 13th returning on June 21 after 2pm

Southwest doesnt charge bag fees but there are plane changes and we have a dd12 and dont want to deal with getting split up. American virgin and alaska had good deals but charge bag fees
any advice ??

Flying out of Ontario may limit you in terms of non-stop flights. You can try LAX for more options if non-stops are really important. That's what we usually end up doing when we go to visit our family. I wish Ontario had non-stops to our city. I really hate going through LAX, plus Ontario is just a short drive to my in-laws house.

No baggage fee does not equal the best price. Southwest doesn't charge a baggage fee but their flight from Philly to Orlando is $450 bucks higher than Airtran and that was after I calculated 1 checked bag and the fee they charge for preselecting a seat. You have to do the math.

If you want to go out of ONT, then Southwest Airlines has a non-stop flight to Seattle/Tacoma, WA (at least they did when I flew out of there).

You might also try Long Beach if you don't want to go all the way to LAX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter