Airline websites?

Foladar

Living in ORLANDO!
I've never really looked up too good on flight deals.
I can't find anything under $333 PP right now, and Amtrak is cheaper tho they want to fly now.
We're leaving Oct 1st, going back Oct 5th, we would want them to fly out in the AM hours, and leave on the 5th in the PM hours. They're flying out of Kalamazoo, MI to Orlando. Anyone have any suggestions? :confused3

Probably the best suggestion to lower the price is to consider flying out of Grand Rapids instead of Kalamazoo. I did some very quick checking just now on Orbitz. Northwest has many itineraries for those dates out of Grand Rapids, all for about $252 PP. That's certainly enough savings per person to more than justify the driving distance to Grand Rapids. There was also an itinerary for $216 PP, but the times of day didn't match with what you said.

Try using www.bookingbuddy.com. You can type in your dates and airports once, and then check on a number of travel websites linked there. Saves time. If you find an itinerary you'd like to buy, be sure to check the airline's website itself to see if you can get it a little cheaper.

Good luck! :)

I use travelzoo

I like it cause you put your info in once and it gives you many search engines to run to find the best price.

A little hint tho, after you get the best price, go directly to the airline's website and put in the same details. Companies like Delta could come thru saving you a couple extra dollars on top of what the search engine gives you.

~HTH~

I tried bookingbuddy and orbitz/expedia/etc. The reason why she wanted to fly out of Kalamazoo is b/c she has trouble walking etc (she's 81) and the others going don't have a drivers license. I'm going to ask about G.R. tomm - I suggested her getting SOMEONE to drive her to Detroit b/c she can go for 59 one-way PP.

sometimes also searching on the airlines official site gets you the best deals. sometimes, not always. cheaptickets.com is another good one. And sidestep.com.

Amtrak may be cheaper, but what is the travel time and days/money lost at work compared to airfare costs? Also, how comfortable is seat on a train for
many hours vs. just a few on an airplane? How much money will be spent on meals on the train ride? We used to drive to Florida, but the time /money spent on driving did not add up favorably to flying.

They travel about a day extra on amtrak, not too bad since one of them really hates planes anyway but they were going to force her on one. No days lost at work though since they put in for 14 days off :) They figured if they took Amtrak they could see the sights etc since it was cheaper. Trying to prove them wrong and find them a good priced airline ticket :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter