Airline and time when booking through DCL

FLmomof2

Keep Moving Forward
I was just curious as to when you find out what airline you will be on and the flight times. We live in FL but my in laws are flying in from MA/NH and booked the whole thing through DCL. How far in advance will they know who they are flying with and all the details?

We are booked on the Feb 3 2007 Eastern cruise so we still have 10 months to go.

We called about a month before hand and got our flight ressies. Otherwise we would not have known our flight arrangements until we got our documents about 2 weeks before hand.

I recommend calling Disney now and asking to change your ressies to fly in the night before and stay at the airport Hyatt - I think its an extra $185 but its worth it. We did the Feb Eastern this year, flying from VA. Our flight left here at 6am so we had to get up at 4am - YIKES! We got to Florida and to the port by 11am but they don't let you on the boat until noontime. We spent a lot of time waiting around which wasnt so bad but we were so wiped out by the time we got to our stateroom.

Next year for our cruise in January we are flying in the night before so we can get up at a leisurely time and have a leisurely breakfast. Good luck!

If they still have time and are not in penalty, I would cancel the air with DCL and book air on their own. This way they can come in the night before with no worries, pick the flight they want, the seat they want, etc.

With DCL air there is no guarantee that they will be seated together or have a direct flight....and they are usually much more than booking air on your own.

They can still purchase transfers from DCL if they would like.

thanks for the info...wish we had known this before but will call and see if there are any fees.

We found out a month out through our TA and received the docs about 2 weeks out. I had heard that sometimes they don't seat you together but we are. I think it depends on your TA. She knew our kids had never flown and made sure we were all together.

The good thing about going through DCL is everything is taken care of for you. Once you check your luggage you are done. They take care of your bags and your transportation to the ship. ...what a way to start your vacation!

Good point about having everything taken care of. My in laws probably won't care if they don't get seated next to each other. HA HA

we4blairs said:
The good thing about going through DCL is everything is taken care of for you. Once you check your luggage you are done. They take care of your bags and your transportation to the ship. ...what a way to start your vacation!

There is no better way to go than Disney........we checked our bags at curbside at the airport and did not see them again until we were in our stateroom that afternoon. We had a non-stop flight AND we are a family of 4 and our seats were all arranged together - by Disney!

Another good reason to use them......... when you disembark the ship, you claim your bags once you get off the ship then take and check them in with your airline right at the port. DCL bus will take you back to the airport and you don't have to worry about checking in at the airport, you can go straight to your gate! Our flight was not until 4:30pm but it was nice to not have to cart all the luggage around!

Whatever you do decide I would strongly recommend flying in the night before............not only are you well rested for that sail away party but since you are travelling in February, there is always that threat of snow or ice to close down airports or delay flights - YIKES!!! Another most awesome thing about Disney is that if your flights are scheduled through them and your flight is late, they have been known to hold the ship. If you fly in on your own and your flight is late.......the ship will sail without you! :guilty:

FLmomof2 said:
I was just curious as to when you find out what airline you will be on and the flight times. We live in FL but my in laws are flying in from MA/NH and booked the whole thing through DCL. How far in advance will they know who they are flying with and all the details?

We are booked on the Feb 3 2007 Eastern cruise so we still have 10 months to go.

We leave on the 15th and booked everything through DCL. We got out flight info exactly 30 days out. I called for it and then noticed it was listed on the web site under our reservations. We originally were flying in on the 16th and changed to a day earlier with no problem. As of now we are sitting next to each other.
Have fun

knebel22@frontiernet said:
We got out flight info exactly 30 days out. I called for it and then noticed it was listed on the web site under our reservations.
You can also call DCL and give them an email address to send the flight info to, although if it now shows up online under your reservation, that may not be as necessary. Once you have your flight info, you can usually go online to the carriers website and select or change your seat assignments. The earlier you do that, the more likely you will be able to get seating together.

If we have my in laws come in the night before and stay at the hotel in the airport, will they still be able to get the disney transportation to Port? And if yes will they tell them when and where to go for that?

Thanks all for responding!

We used a travel agent and booked our air through disney. Our travel agent found out our seats a month before our trip. Our travel agent got all of our seats together. The bus to the port was good and DCL allows one bus at a time to unload, so the line is only for those on the bus. Another line allows those who are not on the bus.(and if that line has no one in it staff allow bus people over there--that line was much longer than the bus line) We arrived about 1:00 p.m. and our rooms were not ready so we ate at Parrot Cay then went to our rooms.
We left from Greensboro NC at 6:00 am so we stayed in Greensboro the night before. We got our boarding passes online the night before. It was really nice to check our bags only once and they did arrive in our room as scheduled. At disembarkation, we walked off the ship at 7:30 a.m.; a porter was waiting and walked us through customs and then took our bags (and us) to the right place where we checked our bags and boarded a bus back to the airport. Our boarding passes were printed there so all we had to do was to walk through security at the airport then board.
We are using disney again for our flights and transfers as the add-on was cheaper than flights from our area are currently. My travel agent said that as soon as she could she would do our seat assignments. We are taking my 12 yo Goddaughter with us this time and the travel agent asked if we had to be separated, how did we want to do this?
Hope this helps.

FLmomof2 said:
If we have my in laws come in the night before and stay at the hotel in the airport, will they still be able to get the disney transportation to Port? And if yes will they tell them when and where to go for that?

Thanks all for responding!

They should fly into Orlando airport and DCL usually will put guests up in the Hyatt which is right at the airport - signs everywhere so they will defitinely be able to find it. As long as you stay with DCL reservations, transportation is included from the airport to the port and I am sure the hotel will tell them where to board the buses - I am sure Disney will have instructions in their documents as well.

I just thought of something.........we were on the Feb 4 Eastern this year (same one you will be on next year - let me know if you have any questions about excursions). BUT next year we will be on the January 27 Western cruise - as you are getting on the ship we will be getting off..... :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter