Airfare Prediction!

motherof4

Mouseketeer
Hey Guys,

Going to the world end of January! Just wondering if you guys think airfare will come down more in the next little while? I can get 6 of us out of Buffalo for around $1070 US. Last time I was able to get us out of Detroit for $750 US. I don't want to fly out of Detroit end January unless a really good deal comes along. We are about 1 hour north of Toronto, Detroit is 5-6 hour hike, in snow maybe longer! Wondering what you guys think, buy now or wait a few more weeks!:confused3

I'm looking too, I found $57 SWA one way mco-buf non-stop on a weeknight, but haven't found any good deal on buf-mco saturday flight yet. I am waiting for US Thanksgiving, I betting they will have another seat sale around that time.

As a general observation, the travel industry seems to be expecting a slump in early 2009. WDW has the "pay for 4 get 3 free" promotion, Westjet is discounting fares, even Air Canada has some promotional codes out. I can't see how the budget US carriers can go lower, but it seems the Canadian ones may.

I would definitely wait until after Christmas. I suspect you may see some incredible seat sales after Christmas!:thumbsup2 ;)

I hope things will settle down somewhat in the new year. We're going to WDW for Christmas 09, so I've been watching fares for a month or so now.

Fares from Edmonton have been all over the place but looking as far out as possible today(Oct-Nov), fares were $3600 to $4200 for four passengers. At this rate what will they be over the holidays?:scared1:

The good thing is, we have lots of time before we have to book our flights.

I just don't know how the Canadian carriers can ever compete if they fly out of Pearson. Even when Sunwing had $49 one way fares, once you factored in the taxes, it was still significantly more than flying out of Buffalo.

I just don't know how the Canadian carriers can ever compete if they fly out of Pearson. Even when Sunwing had $49 one way fares, once you factored in the taxes, it was still significantly more than flying out of Buffalo.

I agree.

Goodness-how can anyone predict or even pretend to know???
The next few months will be very volatile in the US and I guess anything is possible! Myself-I have NO idea how the U.S carriers are making any profit let alone even buying fuel for their aircraft!!!

I am very wary of bargain basement air pricing!:confused3

Add me to that "waiting club" ... Disney's new deal is so great that we have decided to go again! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: We are going Jan 24 to Jan 31st. could have had good flights from Buffalo if we changed to 21st to 28th, but with DH's shift work, it really is better for us to have both weekends factored into our vacation ... especially if we end up driving. Sounds crazy but it's true.

So for now, we're planning on driving ... leave Fri morning after DH gets home from work; arrive Sat, leave following Sat, arrive home Sun. However, if $49 or $59 flights come up for our dates, then we'll book them. :thumbsup2

I think the PP is correct ... after these US Thanksgiving sales are over, we might see something for Jan. After all, if the plane is going anyway, they might as well try and fill it with cheaper fares. Here's hoping ... :worship:

For now, I just keep checking several times a day. ;)

MaryLiz,

If you live in London, you could fly out of Detroit. For your dates you could fly for $59 (w/stop) or 99 ( nonstop) to Orlando and $89 ( non stop) home on SOUTHWEST AIRLINES. If you book with southwest there are no additional charges for bags or seat selection. These flights are for Jan. 24 and Jan 31.

$836.00 for four total for nonstop flights. Not the best but not bad either.

I also checked AIRTRAN out of Detroit and it would be $59 ( nonstop ) each way for a total of $556. If you pick your seats you need to add 12 per person ( $6 each way) and it is a $15 charge for one bag each way.

$634.00 with preselected seats & one bag each way. Not bad.

Thanks for the info ... we're not adverse to driving so we're looking at $600 as our current price point ... that could change as we get closer - LOL. ;)

When did AirTran start charging for bags??? I've flown with them a few times and have never had that. Based on unpredictable weather in Jan, we'll definitely have suitcases. And because our kids are not old enough to sit by themselves on a plane (IMHO), I would always have to pay to pick our seats. :)

We got AirTran last summer for $29 one way ... now THAT was a great deal!

Thanks for looking out for me ... gotta love our wonderful friends on the Canadian DIS board. :goodvibes

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:

Got our morning non-stop flight from Detroit to Orlando on Jan 24th today for $59 ... $278 for 4 of us! thanks to my wonderful DSIS who called me this morning before work to tell me. :love:

So now I play the "waiting game" for our return flight home. ;) I'm not worried though, because I've seen the fares all over the map for Jan lately. I'm confident I'll get a good flight for a good price for the following Sat ... at least that's my story to DH and I'm stickin' to it. :rotfl: I also told him how much $$$ I'll save by NOT having the van on-site, 'cause now I can't visit the Outlet mall. :laughing:

Anyone find any BUF-> MCO Jan 24 deal please let me know. Thank you thank you thank you!

I actually just booked with Air Canada because it is cheaper than flying out of buffalo not taking into account the exchange.

A girl I work with booked some air yesterday with Air Transat..$6 each way.
Can't remember when she is travelling?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter