airfare for September

trainingupmy4princes

DIS Veteran
We are looking at a trip in either end of September or December midmonth. The airfare flying out of Kansas City Sept. 27 and flying back Oct.7 looks awfully high close to $400 per person and we have 6. :sad2: Anyone know if the airfare will come down some or is this it? :confused3

We are looking at the same time.

I look at Southwest multiple times a day. I noticed today everything skyrocketed. I am hoping that Southwest has their "birthday sale", but if they go to a price I am comfortable with before then, I am going to snag them since my travel days are Saturday, which stands a very strong probability of being blacked out.

We are looking at a trip in either end of September or December midmonth. The airfare flying out of Kansas City Sept. 27 and flying back Oct.7 looks awfully high close to $400 per person and we have 6. :sad2: Anyone know if the airfare will come down some or is this it? :confused3

I see flights with Delta in the $250 range with 1 stop and nonstop flights with Southwest for $357 inc taxes.

We will be heading to Disney the end of Aug/beginning of Sept and have been constantly looking at different airfares. Everything is looking really high right now, but then again I am used to paying under $100 a person each way. I am really hopping that the airfare is going to come down because DH is really considering driving and being from the Chicagoland Area, that is a loooong trip that I am not quite sure I want to make yet. Good luck finding what you need and in hopes that the airfares will come down soon....however, I am not holding my breath :sad2:.

It has been the same for the past 3 years, since I have been lucky enough to go to WDW every Sept. The fares start out pretty high then around 100 days in advance - the airlines drop fares to start getting their head counts in. Although this year, the fares do seem a bit higher. I am still gonna hold out till the 100 day mark.

Some sites, allow you to subscribe and they will notify you when fares drop for your dates - so I think I will do that just to be safe. Wishing you all great fares!

We are going in September also. Not sure where all they fly out of, but I recently discovered Frontier airlines, way cheaper than any others I've found.

We booked our next trip (August 26th to September 1) right after we returned from our January holiday. We booked with JetBlue (again.....used them in Jan. for the first time and LOVED them) and got our 3 return tickets, direct flights both directions, from SYR for $868 less a $15 credit (for a non-working TV on our Dec. 31 flight to Orlando). Total cost for tickets with the credit was $853 includes taxes and fees.

I now see that those same flights are up to $1100 :scared1: . Glad we booked when we did.

In all honesty, though, even at $1100 it would be a deal for us Canadians. If my family was to fly to MCO from Orlando, we would be lucky to get those same flights for $1700-$2000. "High" fares from US airports are still "cheap" to us! :thumbsup2

We will be heading to Disney the end of Aug/beginning of Sept and have been constantly looking at different airfares. Everything is looking really high right now, but then again I am used to paying under $100 a person each way. I am really hopping that the airfare is going to come down because DH is really considering driving and being from the Chicagoland Area, that is a loooong trip that I am not quite sure I want to make yet. Good luck finding what you need and in hopes that the airfares will come down soon....however, I am not holding my breath :sad2:.

I am right there with you waiting on prob the same or close to the same dates we are also looking for the End of Aug flight out of PHL or ACY and return begining of Sept :wizard: it seems like the fares indeed are a lil higher this year but Im assuming in the next month or so should be coming down in price I hope anyway :wizard:

I always starting look for airfare at this time for our September trips but normally dont book until June/July. I always seem to get better prices at that time. If there is a price that stands out to me that I know it want go to much I get it but typically dont buy until early summer.

Trust me I have started the stress already about flights but more about the lack of late flights and direct flights to either airports that are an hour away

I always starting look for airfare at this time for our September trips but normally dont book until June/July. I always seem to get better prices at that time. If there is a price that stands out to me that I know it want go to much I get it but typically dont buy until early summer.

Trust me I have started the stress already about flights but more about the lack of late flights and direct flights to either airports that are an hour away

I noticed that also on the lack of DIRECT FLIGHTS I was holding out hope that it was just too early right now :confused:

I'm also holding out for better deals. We are traveling last week of August and the prices are high right now. I have never paid more than 210 for round trip from Grand Rapids or Detroit and right now they haven't come down lower than 270 per person. RIDICULOUS! I have been watching for 3 weeks.

I'm also holding out for better deals. We are traveling last week of August and the prices are high right now. I have never paid more than 210 for round trip from Grand Rapids or Detroit and right now they haven't come down lower than 270 per person. RIDICULOUS! I have been watching for 3 weeks.

I have been looking for just about the same amount of time and our lowest so far I have seen is $290 R/T which is totally ridiculous ! I think come May we should start seeing the prices move lower holding out hope anyway :wizard:

We have all of the airfare needed for the July Disney trip booked. It's Milwaukee to Orlando on Airtran. I was checking multiple sites daily. Then on the news last night, ABC mentioned how airfare is going to sky rocket. Previously, we booked the direct morning flight. Last night we booked the direct evening return flight. The cost is $309, per person round trip. Not what I like to see, because I've always paid around $200. I was hoping to hold out for the "one day super sale price", but with gas prices and fewer flights we decided to move. These flights are premium, so you know the price will eventually be higher.

Not completely the same, but I've been looking at airefare for Disneyland the last few weeks for October travel. Had to wait until the other people in my party could book. When I first started looking it was $259 RT from PHL. Now two weeks later the same flight is $480. I'm really hoping it starts coming down again, because that kind of spike in prices could actually keep us from going at all :(

In the past, we've always been able to find the lowest rates 2 to 3 months out. This year, for our June trip, we were alerted to buy at 4 1/2 months out. I'm so glad I did. I got $258 round trip, which is still higher than I ever bought, but any of the flights that I would want to take are now priced around $550 to $600 round trip and one flight is even sold out already!
We've always flown southwest from KC to Orlando, but I think now that they absorbed Air Tran, and provide the only direct flights from KC, they are much higher than the rest of the country.
So, we're choosing to take the early morning Delta flight and we'll still arrive at ORlando by lunch time, even with the layover.
High fuel rates and possible war in the Middle East have rates very unstable right now. I would buy once you see a rate you are comfortable with.

We're waiting for end of November/start of December to come down from about $400 a person. So far, so bad.

I am really torn on this also. Book too early, or book too late. I don't want to wait too long as we will be flying on a weekend, but it's hard, and I mean HARD to justify the cost right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter