Air Transat Departure and Air Canada Return

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to go at the end of September and the cheapest flights so far are Air Transat to Orlando @ 7 am and Air Canada return @ 6 pm. I know I still have months to go before I buy a ticket but I've never done a split flight before so I'm wondering is it safe only booking one way on two different airlines? and recommended? I'll be flying out of Pearson. The price right now is $428 and I'm hoping it's going to dip below $400 has anyone else flown down at this time of the year?

This is my first time booking my own airline tickets, my last visit I paid extra for the vacation package not realizing I wasn't getting the best deal. This is just going to be a short trip to celebrate a milestone Birthday/Halloween party.

We do this pretty much every year. We do Air Canada on the way down and Air Transat on the way back. Their direct flight schedules just work out that way. I book each leg as they get to a price that I’m happy with.

We almost always fly 2 airlines per trip to max out our stay & get our departure times of choice.
Usually fly both Air Canada & Westjet, have never had an issue doing it this way. :)

It’s safe to do. Not a fan of Air Transat though. I don’t like the idea that they only fly a few times per week. If something happens to your plane, you’ll have a long wait as they work to get a replacement to you. They also contract out some flights to Condor Air. Not cool with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter