• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air Tango ~ No More Florida

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, I just checked out AIR TANGO, the AIR CANADA discount airline and NO MORE FLORIDA listed! I while ago they stopped flying to Orlando and only flew to Tampa. Their costs were great but they weren't booking late April 2002, so I had to wit to book. I started getting suspicious that something was up last week when they still weren't booking April at all. So I called them, they just said no April flights yet. Today I checked and TAMPA is gone too. I figure they started up before Canada 3000 bit it so now they are only competition with themselves AIR CANADA. So now we have Air Transat and Air Canada ~ that's it. The other airlines are way too $$$$. You just watch the Florida fares sky rocket this month! I've been shaking my head and Disney costs lately, now this. I am losing my joy of Disney trips fast! Chat soon! S

Sandra. Have you thought about flying out of Buffalo? I'm not sure of your exact travel dates, but I did a quick check on Orbitz, and was able to find a flight for $193 US.

Not bad.

My uncle was a pilot for Canada 3000 before they went under and advised us NOT to book Tango even though they are technically part of Air Canada. We ended up booking a regular Air Canada flight to Orlando instead. Apparently Tango was being sued by Canada 3000 prior to their demise. We didn't want to get stuck with tickets if they grounded all Tango planes due to the suit. I'm not sure if Air Transat is involved in this legal action or not.

Haven't heard much about Tango, but thanks for the info. :)

AC is having a seat sale now - Florida fares are as low as they were on tango for travel through mid-May.

Tango was the subject of a complaint with the Competition Tribunal raised by Canada3000. A ruling against Tango could make it a useless business exercise by Air Canada but since it is only a 'brand' and not a separate company there would be no risk in buying Tango tickets as they would be re-accomodated on regular AC flights. In fact, flights previously booked to Florida on Tango are all going on regular AC now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter