Air France Passenger Takes Off Pants on Flight

The photo shown of the woman on Thomas Cook is often NOT of the outfit she was wearing. It's a black top, but not THE black top. The actual black top is essentially a bikini top, with two triangles to cover the breasts. Except they barely cover her breasts, because she tied the neck strings very loosely. Consequently, the triangles sit low. Very low. So low that her nipples are barely within the triangle and reaching for the air vent above her could be enough for a wardrobe malfunction. I'm not surprised she was asked to put on a jacket. I am surprised that Boxer Guy was not made to wear pants. I wouldn't want to sit next to him.

Is there a picture somewhere? I've not seen that mentioned at all.

Is there a picture somewhere? I've not seen that mentioned at all.
It's on Yahoo. Normally, there's a pic of her in a somewhat skimpy black top, but she's covered. But that isn't the top she was wearing, so there's no good reason for it to be posted. As you read along, they usually show a pic of the top she wore. It may be an actual bikini top, for all I know. The ones where there are two triangles to cover the breasts. I can tell you it's sitting low on her chest because the strings/straps around the neck are too long/loose. Some people have called it a sports bra, but it isn't that at all. A sports bra would've covered a great deal more.

I think this one knew exactly what she was doing and wanted her 15 minutes. YMMV.

It's on Yahoo. Normally, there's a pic of her in a somewhat skimpy black top, but she's covered. But that isn't the top she was wearing, so there's no good reason for it to be posted. As you read along, they usually show a pic of the top she wore. It may be an actual bikini top, for all I know. The ones where there are two triangles to cover the breasts. I can tell you it's sitting low on her chest because the strings/straps around the neck are too long/loose. Some people have called it a sports bra, but it isn't that at all. A sports bra would've covered a great deal more.

I think this one knew exactly what she was doing and wanted her 15 minutes. YMMV.

Thank you, I'm curious. I'd like to see the other top. I thought what I had seen was the black bra top she was wearing, which actually looked to me very much like black sports bras I've seen dancers wear many times, or like a black bikini top. It wasn't super skimpy. It wasn't something I'd wear on a plane personally, but what I saw wasn't objectionable for not covering her breasts.

Last edited:

Can you post a link to the article with photo which you are describing? I have read many, including articles on yahoo where you indicate having seen this, and cannot find it. Everything I have found indicates the photo in the orange pants and crop top taken an an airport near the window is the outfit in question. Thanks

Channing Tatum is free to lounge around my bedroom in his boxers, on a plane- not so much.
I don’t even know if I can find it now. It kept popping up on YAHOO. I think of a crop top as one that is shortened and shows your midriff. That describes the first pic they posted. But as the story progressed, another pic with triangle bikini top and orange pants was shown, and that’s the top the airline objected to, Some people said it was an actual bikini top, but I can’t say. The pic is dim. I think everyone knows the kind of top.... two triangles over the breasts, strings that likely tie behind the neck. It had more than a string around the bottom. It had a bit of a band there. It was described as a crochet bikini top.

Every single pic I've found is of her in the same top as in the article linked, including one of her with her carry-on approaching the steps to the plane. If you can't link an actual source to back up your claim, then I just don't think it's accurate.

Every single pic I've found is of her in the same top as in the article linked, including one of her with her carry-on approaching the steps to the plane. If you can't link an actual source to back up your claim, then I just don't think it's accurate.
Believe it or don't. I can live with that. Even if you double dog dare me.

Yahoo main page changes every time I refresh my computer, so it's shown up several times. Sometimes near the top, sometimes at the bottom or middle. Sometimes it is absent. I have no interest in googling to satisfy your standards. And I'm useless at linking, so if it makes you feel better to not believe what I saw, I'm good.

Yahoo main page changes every time I refresh my computer, so it's shown up several times. Sometimes near the top, sometimes at the bottom or middle. Sometimes it is absent. I have no interest in googling to satisfy your standards. And I'm useless at linking, so if it makes you feel better to not believe what I saw, I'm good.

I don't think people are saying it to offend you or call you a liar. But if all the other articles on the net show one thing, and your source is the only one that shows differently, we kind of need proof.

Well alrighty then!

My point was that it seems that either your Yahoo article posted something incorrectly (and has since removed it), or perhaps you misread something. Not sure why you took that so personally. Should I offer you a Snickers bar? :rotfl::flower3:

There are only two logical arguments against boxers on a flight. One is that they are too revealing and the other that they are too thin. Yoga pants are both those things. If they are ok outside of their original intended purpose (yoga class) there is no logical reason boxer shorts can't be worn in the same scenarios.

Even tight fitting yoga pants usually don't run the risk of the sort of wardrobe malfunction boxer shorts can cause. Even if the fly is closed the peen can play peekaboo with the leg hole. I had the misfortune of seeing that once when someone sitting across from me was wearing boxers with shorts that weren't much longer than the boxers he was wearing.

Even tight fitting yoga pants usually don't run the risk of the sort of wardrobe malfunction boxer shorts can cause. Even if the fly is closed the peen can play peekaboo with the leg hole. I had the misfortune of seeing that once when someone sitting across from me was wearing boxers with shorts that weren't much longer than the boxers he was wearing.
but don't you kind of prove the point that it is not the boxers that are the problem, if the same thing can happen when the person has on shorts?

I do not think anyone is suggesting that you lied about what you saw--but if it only ever showed up in one source and is no longer showing up there now, it seems likely the source had posted incorrect information---and that makes the discussion of some mystery other shirt or top not really applicable to the discussion about her getting asked to cover up on the plane. That's all.

In addition to even shorts can be an issue, wouldn't it only be an issue if someone is sitting across from the guy, which I don't think happens on planes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!