Air Fares?

Sue M

DIS Veteran
I'm watching fares from Seattle to Florida, wow :scared1: have they gone up! Watching for Aug trip and they're at least $100 RT more then what we paid for January. Hope they go down soon

Sue M said:
I'm watching fares from Seattle to Florida, wow :scared1: have they gone up! Watching for Aug trip and they're at least $100 RT more then what we paid for January. Hope they go down soon

We are flying on JetBlue out of buffalo and the fares have gone crazy. Luckily we bought our tickets back in November. We paid $1300 for 5 people and those same flights would now cost $2500. Crazy.

I'm not from Canada and will be driving to Florida for my trip in June, but I've been watching rates for a July Hawaii trip for months. Do you think the sequestration debacle has something to do with the flight prices being so high? Maybe they will drop once that whole mess settles down. I hope, I hope, I hope!

Mrs. Ciz said:
I'm not from Canada and will be driving to Florida for my trip in June, but I've been watching rates for a July Hawaii trip for months. Do you think the sequestration debacle has something to do with the flight prices being so high? Maybe they will drop once that whole mess settles down. I hope, I hope, I hope!

I really doubt it. It's all about supply and demand. The airlines will charge whatever they can get.

We are flying on JetBlue out of buffalo and the fares have gone crazy. Luckily we bought our tickets back in November. We paid $1300 for 5 people and those same flights would now cost $2500. Crazy.

Yes, I should have bought in Dec or Jan when they were lower, but had a Jan. trip to Disney, and didn't want to buy then, was going to wait till after we got back from WDW to buy fares for the next trip, ugh.

I just went on Bing, they have a price predictor that says fares will drop. Hope they're right! Usually about 4 months before seat sales come out. I sure hope so. Congrats on snagging a great fare. Jet Blue or SW doesn't seem to have good fares from the west coast.

I've been watching the same route, Sue: August SEA-MCO. The "economy" bucket for this route apparently goes as low as $356 RT according to ITA Matrix Airfare Search, but of course there's no guarantee the airlines will ever release those fares if sales are going well for them. If you want to get jealous, Google "good price" sea mco dis. :)

Frontier has some okay rates right now it seems, but they arrive after midnight and that airline has shaky reviews.

Fingers crossed for us both!

I've been watching the same route, Sue: August SEA-MCO. The "economy" bucket for this route apparently goes as low as $356 RT according to ITA Matrix Airfare Search, but of course there's no guarantee the airlines will ever release those fares if sales are going well for them. If you want to get jealous, Google "good price" sea mco dis. :)

Frontier has some okay rates right now it seems, but they arrive after midnight and that airline has shaky reviews.

Fingers crossed for us both!

Yes, my flights for this past Jan trip cost $317 RT, incl tax!! The lowest I got was $280ish RT, that was about 3 or 4 yrs ago. But I'm happy with anywhere from $300 - $350. I travel this route about twice a year, and dom't remember flights this high. Yikes!!

Lets hope they go down soon.

Hey Sue, hey Yogurt!

I'm planning that same route SEA-MCO in November (16-23) and the airfare is like 425ish. Yikes. But I know that it's far away. Around how many months in advance do you normally book? This is my family's first time to wdw.

This is our first trip too, Lifeguardette, so I don't have any experiences to share. In fact, this will be our first time flying out of Sea-Tac, aside from connections.

I've seen people recommend periods as short as six weeks out, but to me that's cutting it a little fine for a family vacation. Like Sue, I'll probably snap up any non-red-eye that's $350 or less.

Hi all,

I'm on the same boat as all of you. I was looking at flight prices in late dec2012 to early jan2013 and was thinking "oh the RT prices aren't that bad from sea-mco.." i think it was around $250ish per person (for bad times, like those over midnight ones and arrive at 6am with at least 1 stop) and around $300 ish per person (for good and semi-good flights)

and now.. prices are :(

I've booked my stay from Oct.26-Nov.3 (haven't paid in full but i'm like 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure i'm going .. *winks* if you know what i mean)

I'm thinking if I see anything around $300 i'll snatch .. currently, the lowest that airfarewatchdog has given me is $320RT

let's all cross our fingers (by the way, i'm in raincover if you're wondering where i'm coming from) Plan is to drive down to seattle and park at one of those parking places and fly from seattle to mco...

I'm on the hunt for a good fair from Regina and so far they are all around $500 to $600. I'll be lucky I think to get anything under $3000 for the 5 of us. I hope they come done a bit after the spring holidays but what you going to do either you pay the prices or you don't go. Air Canada is just crazy around $800 to a $1000!!!! Really does anyone fly them? West Jet is a bit better but not much and they have crazy flights all over the place before you get to Orlando! So far the best ones are the two US airlines that fly out of Regina and Delta only gives you an hour (no matter what flight) to get your bags and get through customs and get to your next flight. That just seems to be way to little time if anything happens. So leaning towards United where I can have a 3 hours in Denver to get through customs etc. I expect it's more time then we need but I hear it can take forever to get through customs in the US right now especially if its busy. I know last year I flew through O'Hare and it took me over an hour to get off my flight go through customs and get to my other flight. There is nothing stress free about flying! Well wish me luck and maybe I'll end up getting a seat sale! :thumbsup2

Hey Sue, hey Yogurt!

I'm planning that same route SEA-MCO in November (16-23) and the airfare is like 425ish. Yikes. But I know that it's far away. Around how many months in advance do you normally book? This is my family's first time to wdw.

Ive been traveling this route for years (mom lives in Florida) and I've booked as far as 9 mos out, usually 6 mod, sometimes 4 mod, but by 4 mos I'm going nuts, lol.

UPDATE: I decided to book a one way going down to Lauderdale (mom visit) yesterday, got a red eye one way on Alaska for $224 incl tax Now to watch for a fare to get me home from MCO. Maybe after Spring Break fares will drop???

Hi all,

I'm on the same boat as all of you. I was looking at flight prices in late dec2012 to early jan2013 and was thinking "oh the RT prices aren't that bad from sea-mco.." i think it was around $250ish per person (for bad times, like those over midnight ones and arrive at 6am with at least 1 stop) and around $300 ish per person (for good and semi-good flights)

and now.. prices are :(

I've booked my stay from Oct.26-Nov.3 (haven't paid in full but i'm like 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure i'm going .. *winks* if you know what i mean)

I'm thinking if I see anything around $300 i'll snatch .. currently, the lowest that airfarewatchdog has given me is $320RT

let's all cross our fingers (by the way, i'm in raincover if you're wondering where i'm coming from) Plan is to drive down to seattle and park at one of those parking places and fly from seattle to mco...

I'd jump at that $320. I doubt these days you'll get anything lower. And that's a pretty good price if it incl. tax. It's rare fares go down to $300 RT anymore. They are creeping up.

I booked our cruise last August and I've been pretty much checking daily since then for the same route! Our cruise is in November and I wasn't going to book yet unless I saw a smoking deal. I had decided I wanted the red eye on the Thursday night and returning the following Saturday and I found the flight I wanted for $360 on Travelocity and as well on Expedia. A couple of weeks later (maybe 2?) I looked again and the flight was gone! It was a United flight and I found it on the United site for $445. I decided I'd go the Wednesday night instead and it was gone too! Normally I would never book this far in advance but since my cruise dates are set (Nov 17th - 21st) I decided I was just driving myself crazy by not booking so I rearranged my dates before and after the cruise and booked Nov 9-21st for $360 this week. I'm happy (enough) with that price and it ended up getting me two extra days in Orlando so that's not a bad thing!

Congrats!! Not a bad fare seeing the way things are going!! My fares for Aug are :faint: nothing under $400.
I just booked a one way going, but don't know if I have the stomach to wait till after spring break to see if prices will go down. The cheap fares have a 3 hr layover, bleck.

Wahhhhh the flights have come done already! The same ticket I booked a week ago is almost $100 less times 4 tickets. I think I read somewhere that united will issue a credit voucher for the difference if your fare goes lower so maybe I'll look into that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter