Air conditioning in rooms

callahanjulie10

DIS Veteran
Has anyone experienced A/C's being preset in rooms and not being able to set them for your comfort? We have cruised DCL 7 times and never had this issue. The reason I ask is that we have DF's who recently cruised Carnival and they do this. They have controls in the rooms but you can't set them. Their steward told them since the virus' epidemic, they do this to control it?! Our DF froze the entire time- I just wanted to make sure that DCL still lets you control your own in the rooms.

As of Feb there still were room controls that could be altered on the Magic. I'm surprised your friends room steward couldn't alter the temp in the room?! That doesn't seem like very good room service!

We cruised DCL in Jan and had a control in our room but......We think it was preset to a range of 5 degrees. We had repair in our room 3 times and everytime we were told that it was working fine but after they left each time we could get the room a little cooler than the time before.

Are the vents visible? If so, grab some duct tape (you bring that everywhere, right?) and tape a piece of cardboard or something over the vent. Probably not what Disney wants, but then they should fix the thermostat.

Just like in our house........ I'd turn the a/c up when showering and blowdrying hair etc... and family would turn it down because they were freezing !! It's always funny to have a thermostat battle that remains unspoken. So, YES we can control our rooms temps.

We were on the Wonder a few weeks ago and you could change the controls.

On the Magic for last year's 1st repo, we kept experiencing problems with the air in our stateroom.....just never felt cool. They told us they could adjust the air in the staterooms at some master control area. They put a thermometer in the room to see if what they set it at was actually the temp in the room. After a few adjustments, it worked and we were able to adjust it from then on.

One thing to keep in mind if you have a veranda is that it seems to take quite awhile to cool the room after having the veranda doors open with the heat and humidity.

John

JDietz40 said:
One thing to keep in mind if you have a veranda is that it seems to take quite awhile to cool the room after having the veranda doors open with the heat and humidity.
John

We sure found that out on our last cruise! I prefer fresh air to air-conditioning but when I went to open the door of the verandah, heat and humidity poured in!

I always bring a little fan with me because I prefer the air moving around me without being too cold, otherwise I feel claustrophobic.

I am the one that is usually cold. On our first criuse (January - it was rather cold), our stateroom attendant noticed that I was cold on the first evening. He called to have someone come to check it and a three workers were there in a matter of minutes. They told us that it is set on a five degree range as gydell said. They were able to change the preset range and get some warmth into the room. Just let them know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter