Air Canada refunds of Airmiles (or other reward) flights

I got an email as well referencing our flights home from California (booked to and from separately to get the times I wanted). I used the link a second time to also request a refund for our flights to California.

These were rebookings for May 2020 from our March 2020 cancelled trip (forced to rebook with dates May at the latest). I am hoping it is the May dates they want and not the original March dates. Either would qualify as covid Hopefully I get refunded the original March taxes/fees, not the additional approx. $25 I paid for the rebookings. So confusing especially because they made us book the May dates which we knew we would not be able to use. 🙁. Hoping for the best!

BREAKING NEWS!

My Airmiles have now been returned to my account for my flights to Florida. I was looking at my account a few hours ago and nothing there then but they are now.

Off to check my CC to see if the $ are back there yet.
Wow, that was quick! I was expecting to wait months. Let’s see how the rest of us do!

Today, My wife got an email about getting a refund. Trouble is we never had a flight booked
They issued a few too many emails. I've heard others report this as well.

@cari12, my refund was likely as a result of the conversation I had with Airmiles April 13. The agent said she was processing it right then. But 8 days is still really quick. I was told 4-6 weeks. I still haven't seen the $ back on my CC yet but those should come through in a day or two.

I just received this email from Airmiles about the cancelled flights:

"Thank you for contacting us about your Air Canada booking : XXXXX

We have processed your request and you should expect a full refund to your original form of payment, including Miles used towards your flight.

All refunds will be processed by July 12, 2021.We appreciate your patience as our teams work with the airline to process your refund.

AIRILES BOOKING ; XXXXX

Regards,
The AIR MILES Reward Program"

I haven't seen the $ back on my CC but I guess I could be waiting a while for those by the looks of it.

More hopeful news for those waiting. Airmiles processed the AM on Wednesday and today when I checked my CC the taxes and fees are back on my CC as a credit. 100% of them (I thought they might hold back their $15 fee/ticket, but no.)

I hope everyone else waiting has a prompt response to their refunds. Keep sharing info as you get it.

Patience. It will arrive. There are a lot of people out there who have applied for refunds. Now if Airmiles would only post some regular earnings I would be in good shape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter