Ain't Nobody Got Time For That, Well We Got Time To Eat -Sci Fi! - 12/30

T-REX

We had been to Rainforest Café a few years ago, but had never made it to T-Rex before this trip. I have to say, while many say they are the same I think T-Rex is a little better!

We slept in late, and headed to Downtown where it looked like it was going to pour. We didn’t bother to get breakfast, knowing we would be going here for lunch.

We did not have a reservation, something I was nervous about, but I figured if we went in early, and were willing to wait we would be able to sneak in!

We checked in, where we were told they could get us in no problem, and then headed inside, where we found another line? We were super confused, so we asked some one where we were supposed to be. They didn’t really know (first day) so we stood around being confused until we asked another person, who happened to be looking for us to seat us! It is so loud, and the process isn’t the smoothest. I am sure people get lost!

I took a few photos while we waited. – Sorry about the quality

We were seated fairly quickly especially considering that we didn’t have a reservation!

We were given a round booth in the fire room.

I was SO HAPPY that we were given this big space to spread around. I was tired of the Disney two tops we had been at where you don’t even have room to have a water and a drink on the table!

From my seat I had a fantastic view of the ice cave, which while super neat to watch, I think would have given me a wicked headache.

I decided that this was vacation and I was going to have a drink with lunch! Our server came over and introduced himself, Kelly was very nice, and explained to me that I could get any of the drinks without the souvenir cup for a very reduced price!

I decided on a Mastodons Margarita - $8.99

This was very tasty! They subbed out the salt for sugar for me, and I enjoyed all the frozen goodness it possessed! Kelly explained as he checked my ID that they send people in to “test” the servers and if they don’t ID them they will be fired (I used to wait tables, and I was nice about him IDing me).

Josh got a Coke. At $3.25 my drink wasn’t seeming that crazy expensive!

I went to the restroom, and brought the camera with me, so I could get some photos of the walk!

Caught Kelly in this one! I feel a little creepy LOL

Loved the fire ovens!

The restrooms were hidden in the ice cave. It was BLUE when I walked through, it was kind of hard to see in there!

On my walk back I walked through the empty back room.

I love the bar area, it’s like you are underwater!

I was very happy to sit and wait, watching everything move and sipping my yummy drink.
Kelly told us we would see three meteor showers while we were there, and one happened as we waited. It was really fun to watch the kids around us get super excited!

Josh took a photo of me with our dino behind us!

Our food arrived very quickly. We had decided to share instead of getting big meals, because we had dinner plans!

We got the Supersaurus Sampler “Supersaurus Sampler - For an appetite as big as T-REX! Spinach and pepper jack queso with tortilla chips, Brachiosaurus Bruschetta, T-Rexadillas and Onion Rings, enough for four $18.99” and we added an order of waffle fries – $1.99 (the sides are the best deal on the menu!)

The brachiosaurus bruschetta was fantastic! “Brachiosaurus Bruschetta - Grilled eggplant, bruschetta tomatoes, herbed cheese and toasted focaccia bread drizzled with a balsamic glaze” There was roasted garlic hiding under the white stuff (which was great) that could be mixed in. I ate most of this, it was just really really yummy.

The second layer had the quesadillas and the onion rings. “Artifact Stack - Dig in these fried onion rings, piled high” The onion rings were not great. I have had much better, and didn’t eat my “fair share” I think that was one of the few things that didn’t get finished.

The quesadillas were really yummy. We had asked for ranch to go with the fries and I dipped them in that as a nice little sauce. “T-Rexadillas - Chicken, peppers, green onions, Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses grilled in flour tortilla”

The final layer of the stack was the dip “Spinach and pepper jack queso with tortilla chips”

Another winner here! This was tasty. Not anything super amazing, but tasty. I was very happy that they also bring you extra chips. I hate when you run out of chips and still have dip left!

You can also see in the background there the waffle fries. They were seasoned and yummy! We ate all of them, and I had ranch dip to dip them in!
This place was GREAT for the atmosphere. The food as good, and filling. We were both full after sharing the above. Total before tip was $34.84, which we didn’t think was bad at all!

A very nice person saw us trying to take a photo together using my phone and offered to take one for us!

There will be some more photos of us shopping in my trip report if you are interesting

Fun update! T-Rex is on our list to try. We usually hit up Rainforest Cafe so it will be fun to try somewhere new to us.

Cute photo of the two of you :)

That margarita looks huge! Also, the bruschetta looks surprisingly good for a restaurant that isn't Italian.

I know it's silly, but the bathroom area looks really cold all blue and frozen like that! :rotfl:

That margarita looks huge! Also, the bruschetta looks surprisingly good for a restaurant that isn't Italian.

I know it's silly, but the bathroom area looks really cold all blue and frozen like that! :rotfl:

I thought that was super awesome as well!

Fun reviews!

I hope you are coming back to write more. :woohoo:

Today! I have a vacation day and was going to work on this, good timing!!

Sci-Fi

I have a weird thing about Sci-Fi, I think it is incredibly fun but I haven’t really had a fantastic meal there, yet I keep going back…
Anywho, lunch wasn’t settling super well, it had been a long time since I had eaten that much junk all at once, so we were not running to get to our reservation.

We had a 5:50 reservation, and were a bit early to check in. I will apologize now, the lighting here made for TERRIBLE photos!

However they were super friendly and give us a pager to wait for our table with.

We were seated by a very friendly host, and were told we would be hitchhiking with another group. The people in front of us were about our age, and were having a great time! I asked them to take a photo for us!

The tables in the back just don’t look comfy to me, I think it would be fun to try, but not as fun as the cars!
We started with beverages, and we both chose the Oreo Cookie Milk Shake ($4.99). We ordered those while we decided what we wanted.

Josh had a hard time deciding, but I decided to try and get some good photos of the menu!

The milkshakes were really good. I love that you can get them as a beverage on the dining plan!

We ordered, and then sat back to relax!

Again I apologize for the blurry photos!

I chose the Build-Your-Own Angus Chuck Burger (Flame-broiled Beef Patty with Cheddar or Swiss, crispy Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine-ripened Tomatoes; choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries $15.99. Make it own your own with toppings of Sautéed Mushrooms, sautéed onions, and sauerkraut $16.99 )
I had mine with bacon and mushrooms yum, I like burgers!

Josh chose the The Famous All American Picnic Burger ( Flame-broiled Angus Burger Patty topped with Grilled Hot Dog, Sauerkraut, and Sauteed Onions, crowned with a Pickle Spear served with a choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries $15.99)

This was a TON of food, but he enjoyed it!

For dessert we both choose to enjoy the Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake (Warm Chocolate Cake with a creamy Peanut Butter center served a la mode $7.99)

I also love how they stamp the bills “speeding ticket”, just one of those little touches. I love it!

Thanks for your reports! We just booked today for Thanksgiving week 2014. BOG is top on our list as is hoop dee doo. Have never tried GG or Yak and Yeti so I think they are now contenders. 4 people in our group will be be first timers and I think they will love sci-fi...even though I have never had a really good meal here the atmosphere make up for it! I also wonder about putting Coral Reef on our "list".... Thanks for your reviews and photos!!!

Thanks for your reports! We just booked today for Thanksgiving week 2014. BOG is top on our list as is hoop dee doo. Have never tried GG or Yak and Yeti so I think they are now contenders. 4 people in our group will be be first timers and I think they will love sci-fi...even though I have never had a really good meal here the atmosphere make up for it! I also wonder about putting Coral Reef on our "list".... Thanks for your reviews and photos!!!

We are going back in October 2014, so right now I am working out our plans as well :cool1:

I loved GG and Y&Y GG is a MUST DO with the toddler (my niece) for our next trip. Really glad you are enjoying more to come shortly!

Your menu shows this item and I know that you ordered it however, I was told that it was taken off the menu. Has it been put back on or was it taken off after you were there?

I always get an Oreo milkshake at SciFi but after seeing the menu you posted I'm intrigued about the Solar Flare one, wonder what flavour it is!!

Your burgers look yummy :)

Wow - I have great timing! :woohoo: Glad you were able to update!

I think we really need to try Sci-Fi one day - it just looks like a really fun time. And your food looked and sounded really good! It certainly seems like, if you order traditional american fare (hamburgers and such), this place can be a great experience.

Had to giggle at the "Whoppie Pie". Either someone is taking the whole "G rated" thing to an extreme, or they aren't from the south where Whoopie Pies are the thing!

I always get an Oreo milkshake at SciFi but after seeing the menu you posted I'm intrigued about the Solar Flare one, wonder what flavour it is!!

Your burgers look yummy :)

I think that it is like a creamsicle!

Wow - I have great timing! :woohoo: Glad you were able to update!

I think we really need to try Sci-Fi one day - it just looks like a really fun time. And your food looked and sounded really good! It certainly seems like, if you order traditional american fare (hamburgers and such), this place can be a great experience.

I think it is way more about the fun than the food. Burgers and fries are always a good bet.

Had to giggle at the "Whoppie Pie". Either someone is taking the whole "G rated" thing to an extreme, or they aren't from the south where Whoopie Pies are the thing!

I think I missed something here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter