AH! I'm worrying about Free Dining now.

BabyPiglet

DIS Veteran
We booked our free dining trip from September 21st to October 6th. Up til recently I thought we'd have free dining the whole trip.

Someone please tell me I'm hallucinating and I wont just have FD for one day. I need to hear it from one of you expert DIS'ers that I get FD the whole trip.

TIA. :)

You are hallucinating. As long as you check in during the free dining period, it is valid for your stay (up to 14 days or something like that)

HTH!

Sandy :)

Okay. Thank you soooo much. I really thought I was hallucinating, but when you're crazy like me you can be sure. ;)

BabyPiglet: Last minute paranoia kicking in? ;) You will most definitely have free dining for your entire trip. If you look at your confirmation letter(s), they should show your package as MYW+free dine, for 14 nights, and under "quantity" for TS, CS and SC's, it will say "1 per night."

And if you don't, we will all be standing right next to you, looking like this: :scared1:

See you in a couple of weeks!

Not a problem! As a fellow maniac, I realize sometimes the wires in our minds short circuit the closer to the trip we get. LOL!

Have a fantastic time-happy dining! :)

Thanks you two.

Yes I guess since the trip is getting closer, I'm getting more and more worried something will go wrong. Thanks for easing my mind. =)

I had to laugh when I read this thread...it really does seem too good to be true, doesn't it!!! My DH has said all along, "There's a catch to it somewhere." (He's Eeyore if ever there was one.) I have assured him there's not but he insists I take plenty of $$ next week for when it turns out the dining isn't free after all!

You sound so much like me. We leave in 50 days and I'm waiting for something bad to happen. I hate even saying that. We did have the free dining two years ago and checked in on the last available day. We had free dining the rest of our trip, so don't worry. Like a PP stated, it should be right there on your confirmation....have a great trip!:goodvibes

Can someone verify this for me - I thought it was up to a maximum of 10 nights for free dining. I see PP stating that it is 14? We check in on the 22nd of September and were told that the free dining was for up to 10 days. We are only staying 8 nights regardless but I just want to know if the info is correct or not.

DIS Veteran

Posts: 840 You are hallucinating. As long as you check in during the free dining period, it is valid for your stay (up to 14 days or something like that)

You did book a package back in the spring when the plan was first announced right? You had to book your package during the promo time. Because just checking in to your room during the time free dining is running will not get your free meals. It is not like tickets where you can get one day tickets, you pay for or get free dinging for the length of your stay up to a certain number of days I think 10.

I hope you enjoy your stay, when you make your ADR's they will note that you are on the dining plan for you.

Can someone verify this for me - I thought it was up to a maximum of 10 nights for free dining. I see PP stating that it is 14? We check in on the 22nd of September and were told that the free dining was for up to 10 days. We are only staying 8 nights regardless but I just want to know if the info is correct or not.

10 days was the maximum length for a package up until this year, when it changed to 14 days. If you booked your free dining trip last November or December through the bounce back program, the maximum was 10 days. If you booked your free dining trip this year, April-June, the maximum was 14 days. HTH!

Thanks you two.

Yes I guess since the trip is getting closer, I'm getting more and more worried something will go wrong. Thanks for easing my mind. =)

Me and DW are going Sept. 21-30 and did the same dates last year. Got 1 SC 1CS and 1TS for each night of stay. Just make sure you made all of your ASR's I saw may walkups being turned away at the restaurants last year.
The good thing about those dates at the tail end you can use some of the snack credits at some of the Food and Wine Fest. booths.
23 days and counting till we get to POP. :hippie: :cool1:

Okay you had me panicked reading your first post. I thought I missed something. We check in the 19th for 14 days of free dining. After reading the rest of the thread I can sit back and relax and worry about something else now:rotfl: .

I'm booked with the Bounce Back Program. When I made the ressie last Dec I asked the CM what was the last date I could possibly check in and still have free dining for my entire trip. He told me Sept 29th. He'd better be right because I'm showing up that day expecting to have free dining for the next 9 days. I just checked my paperwork and it says I have 8 snacks, 8 CS, and 8 TS.

OP, please don't scare us like that!!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter