AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading along...just haven't had much time to post with all that's being going on around our house lately. Now, when I actually had time to post, I can't contribute anything 'cause we have never had APs, the TIW or stayed at POFQ. Guess I'll just post one of these :cheer2: that your plans are shaping up quite nicely.

VERY exciting about the annual passes! I had no idea they did that. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately I have no idea about TiW or POFQ, but I would suggest you cancel your second CP because I do know how much yall love Boma! You could just load up on the puffed when you're there!

How soon is your trip?

Yay for saving money and YAY for AP's !!! TiW works best if you are a drinker or if you are not on the Dining Plan.

Gotta love fuzzy Disney math! It's the best. That's awesome that you guys are getting APs with the wedding. I knew that too, but actually kinda forgot about it.

Hahaha, Jen's planning habits are becoming catching. :rotfl2:

I'm finally all caught up again =) Great trip report!! I love the way you guys do Disney, and I'm so happy for you on your engagement and that you are going back this month!!! WOOOO!!!!

Haha, I totally relate to trying to extend Disney food eating to the airport/airplane/back home. I always do that, you should see the ridiculous bag of food I bring home. And now that my mom isn't coming on my next trip (in 10 days!!!!!!) I feel the need to bring her stuff too. Plus with F&W going on... how weird would it be, on a scale from 1-10, to bring tupperware containers and take a final loop around the Showcase, buying a week's worth of food? Juuust wondering.

With our trip now officially rapidly approaching, the wedding-related notes that I’ve been taking are quickly piling up. Things to remember to do and note down and ask, all on sticky notes of various sizes and locations. (I should probably compile these before we go, right?)

Wouldn't it be more fun to stick them on the wedding planner's desk and go over them one-by-one, removing them as you go?

No?

:rotfl2:

With the wedding, we also get Annual Passes from Disney.

Now THAT's cool!

AND we are now able to use get one of those magical mystical TIW cards that I’ve heard so much about! (Any hints or tips on these would be VERY appreciated!)

Be aware of the blackout dates if you're in WDW around holidays!

I don’t think that there’s going to be much in terms of a room request that I’ll make (although I still will do online check-in because I dislike lines and it gives me a good excuse to click around the Disney site), unless any of you POFQ fans have a suggestion!

Buildings 2 and 5 are where the action is, near the pool, etc. Building 7 is the most remote. I loved staying in Building 6 with a river view!

I just got an annual pass because since we just bought DVC points, was able to get it deeply discounted and got a TIW for $75 so we'll def safe on food on upcoming trip... it's accepted at a lot of places some that don't do Disney Dining plus alcohol is included (also it really makes it tempting to do another trip within that year time frame...:rolleyes1) Your 2 day passes will be good forever so you can use them anytime down the road...

I've never been to CP (although I'd like to once I get over my fear of Jumbo Piglet :rolleyes2 ) but it looks beautiful and the food is supposed to be very good... so if you can get it 2 consecutive mornings and are going to MK... it makes sense

but

If you are planning to go to the AK... well Boma is just a hop away and that is a pretty darn good breakfast...(I've been to that one...and think it's one of the best breakfasts at Disney...)

Oooo so your going to get to see different site locations and compare and think about what you want... and take tons of pictures and post them so other people can live vicariously through your wedding planning... right...::yes::

popcorn::

I don't see a problem with CP - two days in a row!! :rotfl2: I'm a huge puffed french toast fan!!

Yay for APs :banana: and another yay for TiW!!!! ::yes:: I thought I knew all the restaurants that accept TiW but I learned that Yak & Yeti doesn't accept TiW last trip. Argh!

How exciting that you are soooo close to your trip Sara!

Mmmmm, twice the puffed french toast sounds tempting!! I actually have not had it, I do not understand how I have missed it, I have eaten at CP three times?!?!? I'm on a mission this time! 24 days and I'll be getting ready to head to our ADR!

That is fantastic that you get APs! Makes sense to start using them and save the 2 day passes for another time (year)! :thumbsup2

Posting this live from Florence, Italy: welcome to our AP world! We will be using TiW for the first time this trip. We're actually excited about sharing some dishes, eating a bit less, and knowing we get 20% off on alcohol, lol. Unfortunately, our APs didn't work out for a room only discount this time, but we are going to give it another shot in April!

I do not remember the actual building numbers at POFQ but Denny and I stayed one night in a corner room on the top floor of a building overlooking the river. It would have been the farthest building from POR. I absolutely LOVED this view of the river and because the resort is so small, it took very little time to walk anywhere. The only bad thing was we were only staying one night.

I am a big fan of CP breakfast, so no complaints here on back to back ADRs.

I remember your pictures from that room, it really did look like an awesome location!

Oh - if you have free dining for this trip then why don't you wait to get TIW. You can start it anytime with your AP and its good for a year whether your AP is still active or not. I guess it all depends on how your trips stack up for the next year.

Thanks for the tip!! :goodvibes

If you are activating the AP's DO NOT USE the 2-day passes you get in your package. Simply save them for another trip. THEY never expire!! When you want to use them simply enter a park with them and then go to guest services and upgrade them to the number of days you will need for that trip (or for another AP!! :rotfl2:) The price will be bridged to whatever the current gate price is for a 2-day pass as long as you use them once before you try and upgrade.

If your trip wasn't so close I would say to drop the free dining and get the room only (or AP) discount along with using the TIW card but not sure if they would get you with the package cancellation fee of $200 (I think that is what it is?)

Anyways have a fantastic time on your trip! Lots of Pixie Dust in your planning!! pixiedust:

Thanks for the tip!!! I did know you could upgrade them, but I didn't know you needed to enter the park with them first to get the current price!

Keeping the free dining actually works out the best for us, since pretty much all of our dining costs will be covered now! TIW is just going to be a nice bonus this time around!

Thank you!! :)

I don't know when you plan on getting your TIW card, but don't forget that you can use it on alcohol, and on any appys that aren't covered by the dining plan. You can also use them at the CS restaurants in the AK, and at the value food courts (although I don't know about AoA?). They are also good at all the lounges around the resorts. I love my TIW card! :lovestruc

Oooh I didn't know it was valid at the resort lounges!! Thanks for the tips! Can you use it at La Cava??? That would be awesome!

We didn't make any room requests at POFQ. We ended up in Building 3, and it was perfect. I'm pretty sure that there isn't an inconvenient building in the whole resort. It really is that small (in a good way!). And you can't miss the food court, you have to walk by it to get to the bus stop-which is how I ended up having beignets nearly every day. :lmao:

It doesn't seem like there really is a bad location there. Hahahaha perfect, I like when pastries are conveniently located!! :thumbsup2

Whoo, Annual Passes are a wonderful thing. I've fallen in love with being a passholder this past year, not only for the TIW card, but also because you can get 10% of any merchandise purchase. In a weekend alone, this saved DH and I 50 dollars. :thumbsup2

I don't think it's a bad thing to have 2 CP reservations. It's a great restaurant, and it puts you in MK before/right after opening. But, then again, I've never tried Boma before, so I don't know what the alternative is. :confused3

What??? I didn't know that either!!! Thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup2

Both are really good, very different buffets! We like them both, hence the dilemma! :rotfl:

If you get the TiW card, don't forget than when you get your bill it already includes gratuity. It's so easy to accidentally double the tip.

Oooh ok, thanks for the tip (get it? ;)) on that!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading along...just haven't had much time to post with all that's being going on around our house lately. Now, when I actually had time to post, I can't contribute anything 'cause we have never had APs, the TIW or stayed at POFQ. Guess I'll just post one of these :cheer2: that your plans are shaping up quite nicely.

Hahaha I've never done any of those either, this is totally new for us! Thanks!!

VERY exciting about the annual passes! I had no idea they did that. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately I have no idea about TiW or POFQ, but I would suggest you cancel your second CP because I do know how much yall love Boma! You could just load up on the puffed when you're there!

How soon is your trip?

It is exciting - I've never had an AP before!

That is true!! :thumbsup2

Forgot to post, but boulangerie patisserie is indeed open!!! :)

YAY!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Thanks for the report back!! :thumbsup2

Haven't commented for a while, but I am still reading along. Have a great trip!

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Yay for saving money and YAY for AP's !!! TiW works best if you are a drinker or if you are not on the Dining Plan.

That's what it seems to be the best value for...neither of which really apply for us though! :rotfl: BUT I'm still excited to give it a try!

Gotta love fuzzy Disney math! It's the best. That's awesome that you guys are getting APs with the wedding. I knew that too, but actually kinda forgot about it.

Hahaha, Jen's planning habits are becoming catching. :rotfl2:

Hahaha my Disney math was actually 100% real!! :teacher:

:rotfl: They really are!!

I vote one breakfast at cp, and one at boma! As much as I enjoy cp, boma is my favourite.

That does seem to be the best of both worlds!! :thumbsup2

I'm finally all caught up again =) Great trip report!! I love the way you guys do Disney, and I'm so happy for you on your engagement and that you are going back this month!!! WOOOO!!!!

Haha, I totally relate to trying to extend Disney food eating to the airport/airplane/back home. I always do that, you should see the ridiculous bag of food I bring home. And now that my mom isn't coming on my next trip (in 10 days!!!!!!) I feel the need to bring her stuff too. Plus with F&W going on... how weird would it be, on a scale from 1-10, to bring tupperware containers and take a final loop around the Showcase, buying a week's worth of food? Juuust wondering.

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Hahaha oh I am always considering the transportability of different Disney food! Hmmm...depends on the dish, I think! Cookies, definitely! Escargot...probably not. :rotfl:

Wouldn't it be more fun to stick them on the wedding planner's desk and go over them one-by-one, removing them as you go?

No?

:rotfl2:

Now THAT's cool!

Be aware of the blackout dates if you're in WDW around holidays!

Buildings 2 and 5 are where the action is, near the pool, etc. Building 7 is the most remote. I loved staying in Building 6 with a river view!

LOL that is one approach to organization!! :thumbsup2

Yes, I did see that!! Thanks!!

The river view looks really pretty! I believe we have a garden view (which is just standard, right?) booked.

I just got an annual pass because since we just bought DVC points, was able to get it deeply discounted and got a TIW for $75 so we'll def safe on food on upcoming trip... it's accepted at a lot of places some that don't do Disney Dining plus alcohol is included (also it really makes it tempting to do another trip within that year time frame...:rolleyes1) Your 2 day passes will be good forever so you can use them anytime down the road...

I've never been to CP (although I'd like to once I get over my fear of Jumbo Piglet :rolleyes2 ) but it looks beautiful and the food is supposed to be very good... so if you can get it 2 consecutive mornings and are going to MK... it makes sense

but

If you are planning to go to the AK... well Boma is just a hop away and that is a pretty darn good breakfast...(I've been to that one...and think it's one of the best breakfasts at Disney...)

Oooo so your going to get to see different site locations and compare and think about what you want... and take tons of pictures and post them so other people can live vicariously through your wedding planning... right...::yes::

popcorn::

That's a great plan for you guys!! Hahaha it is a little tempting to plan another trip!

LOL if you can get over Piglet, the breakfast is REALLY good!! I'm actually really not sure if we'll make it to AK this time, but we have no problem going to AKL and then to another park!

Hahaha yes, of course I will! :thumbsup2

I don't see a problem with CP - two days in a row!! :rotfl2: I'm a huge puffed french toast fan!!

Yay for APs :banana: and another yay for TiW!!!! ::yes:: I thought I knew all the restaurants that accept TiW but I learned that Yak & Yeti doesn't accept TiW last trip. Argh!

How exciting that you are soooo close to your trip Sara!

Isn't that Puffed French Toast amazing??

Oooh ok, thanks for the tip! That wasn't on our ADR list, but I will take another look to see if all of the places we're going are!

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Mmmmm, twice the puffed french toast sounds tempting!! I actually have not had it, I do not understand how I have missed it, I have eaten at CP three times?!?!? I'm on a mission this time! 24 days and I'll be getting ready to head to our ADR!

That is fantastic that you get APs! Makes sense to start using them and save the 2 day passes for another time (year)! :thumbsup2

Hahaha it does!!! It's on the kids' buffet on the side, it's easy to miss!!

Posting this live from Florence, Italy: welcome to our AP world! We will be using TiW for the first time this trip. We're actually excited about sharing some dishes, eating a bit less, and knowing we get 20% off on alcohol, lol. Unfortunately, our APs didn't work out for a room only discount this time, but we are going to give it another shot in April!

Hope you're having an awesome time in Italy!!! Your TIW plan sounds great - too bad the room only discount didn't work out though!

Also, I’m beginning to feel like Jen (Nermel) with her Le Cellier ADR’s…I just made a second ADR at Crystal Palace! When I made it, I pretty much had no intention of keeping the other one, but now I’m not so sure. Twice the Puffed French Toast does sound pretty tempting, but if we keep both, then we would pass up a breakfast at Boma, which we also love. And we would be going to Crystal Palace for breakfast literally 2 days in a row. Decisions, decisions…

HAHA!!! :rotfl: Hmmm, that's a tough one...Crystal Palace is SO good, but then again, so is Boma...I'd say do both! I can't get a CP ADR for my trip, well actually, I got one, but I really doubt I will keep it, because it's on the Saturday that's supposed to be obnoxiously busy and i'm not sure I'll want to waste all that time eating! :confused3

(Oh, and just so you know...I just made another Le Cellier ADR...I saw one for Friday, a day that I already have a LC ADR for an earlier time and I grabbed it! I have a problem!!! :scared1:)

I totally forgot that you get AP's with a wedding, that's amazing! My AP just expired, and I miss it! :(

I've never stayed at POFQ but it does look very small, I really don't think you'd have to put in a room request, unless there is a specific building you're hoping for! I have to really think about my POR request...I want to stay in Oak Manor, because it's closer to everything, but I really want a 2nd floor room...I'm not sure I should do 2 requests, because I'm hoping our room is ready early, and I feel like 2 requests might be pushing my luck! :rotfl2:

Fortunately, in a much more timely fashion than last time, our Mickey Mail (complete with ME tags) arrived!!! :yay:

The ME tags and usual Mickey Mail booklet now arrive together, which makes more sense to me than the other method of separate mailings.

The new luggage tags. They're holographic.

Other than that, really, no updates. We're making lists of things we need to bring/bring back (why not get a good portion of holiday shopping done while we're there as well?).

Oh, and an important crucial question for those of you that were recently there: is Boulangerie Patisserie open during the construction of the new bakery??? (read: what is the availability of the French Napoleons? :lovestruc)

First, :cool1: for mickey mail! I personally really prefer this years luggage tags to last year as well as the combined mailing. I hated getting ME stuff separate...

Second, (and I am not sure if someone answered) but I think the Patisserie is open... I am sad I didn't get to go, but while doing a P&F mission we were in france and I notice a lot of people eating those yummy napoleons. (great, now I am sad... :scratchin just how is it I forgot to get one of those?)

With the wedding, we also get Annual Passes from Disney. Which I knew about, but for some reason, thought that you didn’t get them until the wedding. Turns out that you are able to get them earlier in the process than I had thought, which meant that we could start using them during our planning trip. :thumbsup2

That is so cool!
Hence, the flurry of Disney math, attempting to figure out what the best ticket route would be for us. We eventually landed on switching to 2-day base tickets to be able to keep the free dining promotion, and then activating the AP’s for the rest of the trip. This saved us a bit of money (yay!), AND we are now able to use get one of those magical mystical TIW cards that I’ve heard so much about! (Any hints or tips on these would be VERY appreciated!)

AND a TIW card :cool1:

The other day I realized that we may want to actually have SOMEWHAT of an idea of where things (read: beignets) are at POFQ, so I took a glance at a map, which was MUCH less intimidating than the one of the Polynesian. I’ve read that the resort is fairly small, and this seems to be true, only a few buildings that appear to be clustered in relatively close proximity to each other. Because of this, I don’t think that there’s going to be much in terms of a room request that I’ll make (although I still will do online check-in because I dislike lines and it gives me a good excuse to click around the Disney site), unless any of you POFQ fans have a suggestion!

I just was at POFQ and it is now officially my favorite resort!!!! We were in building 5 across from the pool. It was the BEST location. Just out our door and bam... pool. Or.. out our door and turn right and bam... food court. I think under a minute either way. To the bus it was only a few minutes. I LOVED it. :thumbsup2

HAHA!!! :rotfl: Hmmm, that's a tough one...Crystal Palace is SO good, but then again, so is Boma...I'd say do both! I can't get a CP ADR for my trip, well actually, I got one, but I really doubt I will keep it, because it's on the Saturday that's supposed to be obnoxiously busy and i'm not sure I'll want to waste all that time eating! :confused3

(Oh, and just so you know...I just made another Le Cellier ADR...I saw one for Friday, a day that I already have a LC ADR for an earlier time and I grabbed it! I have a problem!!! :scared1:)

I totally forgot that you get AP's with a wedding, that's amazing! My AP just expired, and I miss it! :(

I've never stayed at POFQ but it does look very small, I really don't think you'd have to put in a room request, unless there is a specific building you're hoping for! I have to really think about my POR request...I want to stay in Oak Manor, because it's closer to everything, but I really want a 2nd floor room...I'm not sure I should do 2 requests, because I'm hoping our room is ready early, and I feel like 2 requests might be pushing my luck! :rotfl2:

Hahaha ADR's can be so confusing sometimes!

:lmao: you are unstoppable with those LC ADR's!!! :lmao:

I'm really excited for our AP's!

I don't really think there's anything specific we're looking for. Oak Manor seems like a great building in POR though! I don't think 2 requests is pushing your luck, it's worth a shot! :thumbsup2

First, :cool1: for mickey mail! I personally really prefer this years luggage tags to last year as well as the combined mailing. I hated getting ME stuff separate...

Second, (and I am not sure if someone answered) but I think the Patisserie is open... I am sad I didn't get to go, but while doing a P&F mission we were in france and I notice a lot of people eating those yummy napoleons. (great, now I am sad... :scratchin just how is it I forgot to get one of those?)

That is so cool!

AND a TIW card :cool1:

I just was at POFQ and it is now officially my favorite resort!!!! We were in building 5 across from the pool. It was the BEST location. Just out our door and bam... pool. Or.. out our door and turn right and bam... food court. I think under a minute either way. To the bus it was only a few minutes. I LOVED it. :thumbsup2

The new luggage tags are really cute! Yes, I definitely preferred the combined mailing as well!

Yes!! I'm so excited for a Napoleon!!! :cheer2:

I'm so glad to hear you liked POFQ!! It seems like a really nice resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter