Age verification for those under 3?

Brett Wyman

Legacy Guest
Our friends are taking their 2 year old literally the last week before he turns 3. How strict is Disney when the child looks like they could be 3 already? They’ve never inquired when our 2 year old was 11 months, 1 1/2, and 2.

Yes the child will legitimately be 2 the whole time. I think he turns 3 two days after they return. Thanks.

Is it a good idea to bring a birth certificate just in case? We will also be in this situation.
After years and years of discussion about this on these boards,
a BC is not needed at WDW.
Agreed.

If you are really worried, you could take a picture of the birth certificate and keep it on your phone.

I have taken my older son the week he turned 3. I have taken my older son when he was 9 (so he should be charged as a child, not an adult). I have taken my twins a few months before they turned 3. I was never even asked for their DOB while at WDW. When we dined at AYCE or character meals, we were asked their ages. We've had servers make mistakes a few times but we just corrected the mistake (once the mistake was in our favor! and once we were overcharged). Even when we had the servers change the bill, we never encountered any need to produce age verification.

I asked this same question a few years ago. My 2 year olds were the height of 4 year olds and could ride all rides with a height restriction. Our 2 year old rode TestTrack. I brought a photocopy of their passports but no one ever asked me anything and we’ve done 3 trips with 2 turning 3 year olds. Don’t sweat it whatsoever!

When my son went just under 3 I brought his birth certificate because he was the size of a seven year old! Never was asked.

We went in October, the week before our son turned 3. He definitely looks 3, maybe even 4, but we were never questioned anywhere.

We had the opposite problem. Cm kept thinking out three years old was two (she was small and delayed so did act younger). Every time I would try to give them her ticket or pay for her meal at a buffet they would say she was free. We did pay for her, we had the meal plan anyway, but it was amusing and she was not happy a few times

it wouldn't matter if the child turned three on the second day of the trip. The child is two for the entire trip based on arrival day.

That's exactly was is happening with one of our DGD's. We are checking in Nov 30 and her birthday is Dec 1.

My son was easily the size of a 5 year old when he went just shy of 3. No one ever questioned us.

I didn’t read all the replies but they ask for the birthdate when you book so that should be proof enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter