Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room - has anyone....

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
...done this event recently? How much per person and how long does it usually last? We will be going to the MNNSHP later that afternoon, and the only availability is at 2:55 in the afternoon. Will that be enough time if we plan on meeting our 'significant other' at MK at 4PM? TIA

Last edited:
You could try showing up a bit early and let them know you are there. They may be able to get you in a little earlier. I have had them take my cell # and text me when my table was ready if we were there earlier. It wasn't very crowded and we finished in about an hour.

The menu link posted above doesn't look right to me. The cheapest tea package was $35, with an extra $15 for the cheese and fruit addition. The basic package had tea, finger sandwiches, scone and tart, and dessert choice.

Last edited:
Entree/Main Course

• Buckingham Tea - First Course: Assorted Tea Sandwiches. Second Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart. Finale: choice of Two delicate House-made Pastries, Strawberries and Crème, or English Trifle. Accompanied by your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $25.00
    Prince Edward Tea - First Course: Assorted Pâté and Cheeses served with Cumberland Sauce. Second Course: Butter Scone and Jam Tart. Accompanied by a glass of Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port and your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $30.00
    Princess Kate Tea - First Course: Choice of Potted Shrimp or Tuna Poke. Second Course: Medlley of Cheeses and an array of Seasonal Fruits. Third Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart. Finale: Selection of Two delicate House-made Pastries. Accompanied by a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne and your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $45.00
    The Grand Tea - First Course: Assorted Tea Sandwiches. Second Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart. Finale: choice of Two delicate House-made Pastries, Strawberries and Crème, or English Trifle. Accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste. Michelle Sparkling Wine and your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $35.00

....my, my, my! These all look delicious!

I've done it twice. Loved every minute of it. I think you can order just tea and an a la carte dessert if that appeals to you.

only availability is at 2:55 in the afternoon. Will that be enough time if we plan on meeting our 'significant other' at MK at 4PM?

1) Going to be REALLY tight.
2) The "Tea" takes anywhere from 45-90 minutes.
3) Now, you need to add the travel time to MK.
4) My odds are you will not make a 4:00pm meet-up.

I've done it twice. Loved every minute of it. I think you can order just tea and an a la carte dessert if that appeals to you.
NOTE1: You CANNOT just order tea and a dessert or tea and an ala carte item, as you MUST order an entree package. Too many people we coming and ordering tea and something "cheap", so they stopped it. The place is too popular and with limited seating to let people get away with an inexpensive afternoon. NO ALA CARTE orders or menu items (unless you order a package and add them to the package).

1) Going to be REALLY tight.
2) The "Tea" takes anywhere from 45-90 minutes.
3) Now, you need to add the travel time to MK.
4) My odds are you will not make a 4:00pm meet-up.

NOTE1: You CANNOT just order tea and a dessert or tea and an ala carte item, as you MUST order an entree package. Too many people we coming and ordering tea and something "cheap", so they stopped it. The place is too popular and with limited seating to let people get away with an inexpensive afternoon. NO ALA CARTE orders or menu items (unless you order a package and add them to the package).

Thanks for the info. I haven't been in a while so I wasn't aware of the change. :)

I would think you would be there by 4:30 or so

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=305

Here is the menu w pictures last updated 3/17
Entree/Main Course

• Buckingham Tea - First Course: Assorted Tea Sandwiches. Second Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart. Finale: choice of Two delicate House-made Pastries, Strawberries and Crème, or English Trifle. Accompanied by your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $25.00
    Prince Edward Tea - First Course: Assorted Pâté and Cheeses served with Cumberland Sauce. Second Course: Butter Scone and Jam Tart. Accompanied by a glass of Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port and your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $30.00
    Princess Kate Tea - First Course: Choice of Potted Shrimp or Tuna Poke. Second Course: Medlley of Cheeses and an array of Seasonal Fruits. Third Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart. Finale: Selection of Two delicate House-made Pastries. Accompanied by a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne and your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $45.00
    The Grand Tea - First Course: Assorted Tea Sandwiches. Second Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart. Finale: choice of Two delicate House-made Pastries, Strawberries and Crème, or English Trifle. Accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste. Michelle Sparkling Wine and your choice of Tea (charge for additional Pots of Tea) - $35.00

....my, my, my! These all look delicious!
Those menu items, prices, and presentation are all different now. As PP said, the cheapest tea is now $35. Here's a link to a more recent review:

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-afternoon-tea-at-grand-floridians-garden-view-tea-room/

Thanks for the link. Great review. I had not realized how much it had increased.

Thanks for the link. Great review. I had not realized how much it had increased.

Our Ratings of Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian: (*rev 01/16/2016*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: D
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... n/a
. . . entree:.. Derbyshire Tea
. . . dessert:. n/a
NOTE1: The "Tea" is in a gracious atmosphere overlooking the pool and gardens of the Grand Floridian. A relaxing way to put a civilized break into your hectic park day. A negative for the true tea aficionado, is they serve only Pekoe (OP)grade for non-green tea. Reservations are almost a must. Casual "park attire" is fine, or you can "dress up". You order packages. Anyone can order any package; except being no alcohol for the underage drinkers. Plan upon 1½-2 hours if you do it right and enjoy a relaxing respite. It may sound "stuffy" or "uppity", but not really. It's just people in a quite and sedate atmosphere. Hours: 2:00pm-5:00pm, except December when hours are 1:00pm-5:00pm. Now, you guys don't get discouraged or feel out of place (well, at least not TOO much). There are other gents that get-roped-into-going (I mean join their spouses). Actually, it is a pleasant experience for us dudes. After all, look at all the Englishmen that do it. OK so not the best example, but you WILL enjoy it.

NOTE2: This is not up to the par of either High Tea or the Afternoon Tea, but it is a good way to spend an afternoon. As an FYI, High Tea and Afternoon Tea are different. "High Tea" is a later-afternoon event with more food, including meats. Also note that the "clotted cream" isn't, and they charge for additional pots of tea. Yeah, I know, it it pretty cheap and cheesy. I actually prefer the Tea at Waldorf Astoria on property and it's less expensive than the WDW Tea, even for the better selections. We enjoyed "Tea" at The Savoy and The Claridge's. The GF Tea does not rise to the quality of either. Take a cab to The Waldorf on property; better pricing, better teas, better service.
NOTE3: No longer can you order ala carte. You MUST order a package. With package, you may add ala carte items. It seems lots of folks came and did not spend a lot of money. They would just do ala carte. In fact, some simply ordered tea and nothing to eat, or just a few pastries. Disney is in the biz of big revenue, hence the change. Dollars-per-chair-per-hour. The Afternoon Tea is not on the Disney Dining Plan. No sharing of plates or packages to reduce the price per-person.
Sample ala carte items (subject to change) which can be added to a package, but not ordered alone:
. . . British Cheese Plate $14.50
. . . Gentleman's Tea Platter (berries, cheese) $12.00
. . . Assorted Tea Sandwich Plate (five sandwiches) $10.00
. . . English Blue Stilton Cheese $8.50
. . . Strawberries & Cream $6.95
. . . English Triffle $6.95
. . . Scones with Devonshire Cream $3.50
. . . Jam Tarts $3.50
NOTE4: Disney changed the menu and prices, again - and keep raising them, as is not covered under DDP, so prices can "float" with no notice. The prices are now OUTRAGEOUS; maybe the famous PT Barnum was put in charge of the menu & pricing. The prices are ridiculously high. I have taken The WDW Tea off my recommended list. We do not expect to return to it soon. I have taken The WDW Tea off my recommended list for guests who come to my desk.

You could try showing up a bit early and let them know you are there. They may be able to get you in a little earlier. I have had them take my cell # and text me when my table was ready if we were there earlier. It wasn't very crowded and we finished in about an hour....
....I was going to try that....

....well, we are tentatively going to meet up at 4:15 instead of 4. I am going with my DS's GF and we are going to meet the guys near the entrance of MK. She's been to the Afternoon Tea several times and is ok with spending around 45 minutes there. We didn't want to get too full since we have an ADR for Be Our Guest at 7:20 that evening...

....well, we are tentatively going to meet up at 4:15 instead of 4. I am going with my DS's GF and we are going to meet the guys near the entrance of MK. She's been to the Afternoon Tea several times and is ok with spending around 45 minutes there. We didn't want to get too full since we have an ADR for Be Our Guest at 7:20 that evening...
We’ve done the tea probably half a dozen times, and service is always pretty slow. I would be surprised if you could finish up in 45 minutes. It’s taken us up to two hours there, with 1.5 being the norm.

Also, the menu is pre-set, with no seconds, so you’ll have the same amount of food no matter how long you’re there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter